“Good Hotel but...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hennessis Hotel

You added Hennessis Hotel to your Saves list
Hennessis Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Along Limuru road | opposite Jamhuri High School, Nairobi 00100, Kenya (Highridge)   |
Ranked #94 of 130 Hotels in Nairobi
Nakuru, Kenya
“Good Hotel but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

i have always loved to stay at Hennessis until one day when i stayed there and ordered for my breakfast to be brought in very early-at 6:30 as i needed to leave the hotel at 7:00 for a crucial business deal meeting at 8:00. Even despite confirming to the receptionist again at 6:00 and calling the kitchen at 6:15- my breakfast did not arrive. As i was leaving the room at 7:05 is when we met with the waitress bringing in the food. i refused to go back to the room and take the same as i was already late. on getting to the reception,i complained to the manager who hurriedly told the waitress to have the breakfast wrapped for me without my knowledge. when the waitress showed up with the small package in the name of breakfast i could not believe it and refused to carry it. They delayed me at the reception all the while my taxi was waiting trying to plead that i carry the bread they had packed for me. I mentioned that since i was a regular guess there they should give me a discount the equivalent of the breakfast amount- the manager promised to contact me once he had informed his bosses- almost 7 months down the line am still waiting for his call.Needless to say i missed out on a business deal, paid waiting charges on the cab and went without breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

The hotel is nice enough for a brief stay, but it is loud. There is a nightclub at the bottom of the hotel. It stays open until the last person leaves. I was there on a Saturday night, so it was still going on at 2:30 a.m. when I finally left the hotel. There is no way of avoiding the bass.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Pamplona, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I stayed there in March 2011 for a couple of weeks. I went to Nairobi for my work and I was traveling with 3 more colleagues. Two of them, who stayed in a separate bedrooms, went through a rather nasty experience. They were just outside the reception smoking a cigarette when somebody among the staff 'invited' them to have a drink in the bar downstairs while somebody else would take pictures of them for advertising purposes. They accepted the invitation gladly, but once they returned to their bedroom after scarcely one hour, they found out that somebody had entered the room WITH A KEY FROM THE HOTEL, since there were no other signs of the robbery. Their laptop, camera and cell phone had vanished. When we contacted the manager of the place, they insultingly suggested that we had no way of proving that those things were indeed there before the 'accident'. They did not apologize for what had happened, even if it was very clear that people among the staff were undoubtedly implicated.To sum up, they were not very empathic and it made us feel quite frustrated. After much negotiation (and much pressure from our partners in Nairobi, I must say), our friends were offered a 1000 euro compensation for the stolen goods.
For the rest, we were quite happy with the place until that happened. The place is new, the rooms were fine (though the safes were portable, if I remember correctly..), clean and spacious (at least the one I stayed in). The restaurant was OK, but the food was not varied at all and I would say not very healthy either.
It's a pity the management is not more competent with their own employees.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

I reviewed this hotel earlier. I returned in August and stayed another 5 days. I wanted to update my review. Most of the rooms do have netting. It seemsthat the only room without netting is the room I stayed in earlier. Still a good value, nice rooms, decent food, and great staff. I will come back again.

The quiestest rooms face the courtyard. They do have some very small rooms but also some larger rooms. Having a clean room with hot water outweighed my wish for a little more space.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed here June 2011 and the hotel was nice and clean (especially for the price). The room was very small, but had a window onto the courtyard which was nice and quiet (much better than the Kenya Comfort Inn in that respect). Also the restaurant is nice, but as a single, female Mzungu, the bar was no place for me. I would definitely recommend it for a budget traveler who is visiting the National Museum of Kenya (walking distance). No computers for public use, but the manager let me use his which was very kind.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I stayed for several days at this newly opened hotel. I work with an educational tour group and we booked twenty or so rooms. The hotel is very classy and well appointed for the price. Everything is new , works well and is clean. The lift is still being installed so if you are in a fourth floor room be prepared for a hike. One suggestion for the hotel management - there are no nets nor are there hooks to hang nets. This would make sleep much better. Really nice bathrooms. One other small problem is the the mini single rooms do not have a dresser or cupboard for putting things in so a luggage rack would be nice. But these are small issues in a otherwise really nicely done property. Good pub as well with better then expected grub.

This would be a great place for folks who are staying for a day or so and going on safari; it has good security, nice rooms and very friendly professional and helpful staff at very reasonable rates. This is a family run hotel and the care that they take is evident in the operations and quality.

Room Tip: Upper floor are very quiet but ask if the lift has been installed! The inner rooms look over a prett...