“Decent rooms, a bit of TIA” 3 of 5 stars
Review of PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites

Save Saved
You added PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites to your Saves list
PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raphta Road | Westlands, Nairobi 38343, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)   |
Ranked #2 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
“Decent rooms, a bit of TIA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We were greeted at the airport by a driver from the hotel (prepaid) and endured the long bumpy ride into the hotel. The room we stayed in was decent with a big bed but a duvet that was just a little too small to sleep under for 2 people and the plug for the kettle did not match the plugs in the wall (TIA). The staff were helpful enough and helped us organize a day visiting the elephant orphanage and giraffe center. We used the same hotel to get to a meeting point for our trip, and when we took a different taxi back (not from our hotel) we realized we had been severely overcharged for the taxi from our hotel and chose not to use it again. I would say the weakest point of the hotel is the restaurant. If you don't want to go wandering Nairobi yourself, you generally spend a lot of time in the restaurant. Many of the items on the menu were unavailable when we tried to order them. When we finally did get something we wanted (a chicken sandwich) they had run out of buns. So each of us got half a bun and a piece of bread around chicken. TIA, right? The hotel and restaurant don't have a bar either, which we found strange. The price was decent and we felt safe, but I think there could still be a few improvements made to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Pune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We chose to stay in this hotel after reading reviews on TA. And I just want to thank everyone who helped with reviews.

This hotel is about 5-6 kms away from extremely busy streets of Nairobi. Plenty of high profile residential places on the same road so cant be called secluded as well. Very peaceful place.

The breakfast they serve is just amazing and food is good too. And to my surprise the price is also economical in the restaurant.

I cant end the review without mentioning one name 'Mohammed' who attended us in restaurant for couple of days. Very polite, very courteous and he made sure our stay there was pleasant.

Even at the reception and at the main gate, staff members were good and friendly.
Next time I am going to Nairobi, I am choosing this one again for sure.

Room Tip: Couple of rooms (110 and 111) are right next to the main gate. However its a quiet road and there wa...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Eugen T, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Varadj,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. It’s great that you selected PrideInn Hotel and I am glad to read that you found our breakfast amazing and the prices economical. I’m also excited to note that you found our staff very polite and courteous especially Mohamed. I have personally passed on your commendation to him. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high I’m also excited to note that you found our staff very courteous and informative. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is an excellent hotel to stop in after a safari (we had a camping safari) for the last night or two in Nairobi. Rooms were very luxurious, clean and tidy. Bed was very comfy. The staff were very friendly and there is a nice restaurant. It was in a secure compound and quiet while we were there.
It is a little way out from the main centre of Nairobi. This is fine if you just want a day to chillax at the end of a trip and a dip in the pool. The hotel do have their own car if you do want to go out and about (we used it for a transfer back to the airport).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kath Andy,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. It’s great that you selected PrideInn Hotel and I am glad to read that you found our rooms to luxurious,clean and tidy. I’m also excited to note that you found our staff very friendly and the restaurant was nice. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Salmiyah, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for just one night during our recent Kenya Trip during the first night. We had booked a double room, an Airport pick-up and a cab booking for our Dinner. Everything was well-arranged for us; the driver was standing at the arrivals gate with our name board, the room was ready, well decorated and stocked with tea-coffee stuff (which we badly needed after our flight & drive). The driver was very courteous and gave us a lot of information about Nairobi. We had a very sound & comfortable sleep plus the early morning breakfast was the perfect way to start a long day ahead! The Hotel ambiance is very serene, beautiful and full of greenery. It's a pity we stayed here just for a night though. I recommend this to everybody looking for accommodation in the peaceful part of Nairobi with excellent service and at a very decent price!

Room Tip: Go for the ground floor room option if you have a lot of luggage!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cheon,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. It’s great that you selected PrideInn Hotel and I am glad to read that you found everything well arranged in our hotel. I’m also excited to note that you found our staff very courteous and informative. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It has good security and I felt safe. The hotel was quiet and it has a very good ambience. To add to that they have monkeys that come once in a while!!!
Rooms were small and simple and included a fan unit which was useful. The bed was comfortable. I stayed here two nights before and after a hiking and climbing trip to Mt. Kenya and i was given an old room which i was informed were renovated. Free wifi was not the strongest, but better than none. I only ate here for breakfast it was okay but as part of my package it was a serviceable and relaxing base. Staff are friendly i will be coming back in December!!!!

Room Tip: New rooms..
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Eugen T, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Jade,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. It’s great that you selected PrideInn Hotel Raphta and I am glad to read that you felt comfortable and secure. Our staff are very friendly and helpful as they strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. As you have mentioned the old rooms are now newly renovated and we do appreciate you coming back despite the previous experience.Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again in December.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed at Pride Inn Raphta for 3 nights on a business trip to Nairobi. Picked the hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews plus the cost. This is a small hotel hidden somewhere in westlands. The hotel is fenced and with sufficient security. The grounds are beautiful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was basic but very clean. Service was very good, and wi-fi worked well everywhere around the hotel. It's a very good hotel and I had a very good stay in Nairobi. I would recommend they have water kettles in their rooms as with this cold season it is now basic.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kolarov,
Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. It’s great that you selected PrideInn Hotel Raphta and I am glad to read that you found our service very good. I’m also excited to note that you found our staff very friendly and helpful as they strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. We have noted your concern in regards to the water kettle which was missing in your room and i can confirm we now have water kettles in all our rooms. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

General Manager Raphta
Nairobi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the pride inn Lantana and loved it. I expected the same level of service when I stayed at Pride inn Raphta. Service at the restaurant was very slow. It about half an hour for us to get our food. The waiters were helpful but not friendly.
The rooms are old and outdated. The floors are unsightly with no carpets to at least cover poor repair work. The room has no air conditioning and I was so cold I could barely sleep. I.decided to call reception for something extra to keep me warm and I was brought a stained duvet. In comparison to Pride inn Lantana I would say that Raphta is horribly neglected. It is definitely not a place I will visit again any time soon.It urgently needs refurbishment otherwise it does not reflect well on the pride inn brand.

• Stayed July 2014
Eugen T, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Kimotho,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. We do appreciate your feedback. PrideInn Hotel Raphta is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their experience with us is exceeding. I am sad to hear about your experience with your room and the restaurant. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up immediate corrective action. We have very stringent policies and we ensure our food and beverage service procedures and standards are in place and slow service is definitely not in line with our brand standards. This is something that should have been picked immediately by the restaurant team and is absolutely unacceptable. Please accept my sincere apologies. Be assured that I have personally taken up corrective action to rectify the issue of the slow service and i will ensure it doesn’t occur again. We have been having a few challenges for some of our room but renovations are starting in a month and actually we already have the newly renovated rooms at the front side of the hotel which were fully booked on that day. Accept my sincere apologies and I do hope the next time you come you are going to stay with us and we will have the all the rooms newly renovated. I will pass the positive feedback to Lantana.

John Gitau

Been to PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites? Share your experiences!