“Old hotel in urgent need of renovation.” 1 of 5 stars

PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raphta Road | Westlands, Nairobi 38343, Kenya   |
Ranked #33 of 110 Hotels in Nairobi
Nairobi
“Old hotel in urgent need of renovation.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the pride inn Lantana and loved it. I expected the same level of service when I stayed at Pride inn Raphta. Service at the restaurant was very slow. It about half an hour for us to get our food. The waiters were helpful but not friendly.
The rooms are old and outdated. The floors are unsightly with no carpets to at least cover poor repair work. The room has no air conditioning and I was so cold I could barely sleep. I.decided to call reception for something extra to keep me warm and I was brought a stained duvet. In comparison to Pride inn Lantana I would say that Raphta is horribly neglected. It is definitely not a place I will visit again any time soon.It urgently needs refurbishment otherwise it does not reflect well on the pride inn brand.

• Stayed July 2014
Eugen T, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Kimotho,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. We do appreciate your feedback. PrideInn Hotel Raphta is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their experience with us is exceeding. I am sad to hear about your experience with your room and the restaurant. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up immediate corrective action. We have very stringent policies and we ensure our food and beverage service procedures and standards are in place and slow service is definitely not in line with our brand standards. This is something that should have been picked immediately by the restaurant team and is absolutely unacceptable. Please accept my sincere apologies. Be assured that I have personally taken up corrective action to rectify the issue of the slow service and i will ensure it doesn’t occur again. We have been having a few challenges for some of our room but renovations are starting in a month and actually we already have the newly renovated rooms at the front side of the hotel which were fully booked on that day. Accept my sincere apologies and I do hope the next time you come you are going to stay with us and we will have the all the rooms newly renovated. I will pass the positive feedback to Lantana.

John Gitau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I am currently staying in Pride Inn from 01 July to 01 August. I am very happy with the attitude serene and beauty of the place and staff attitude as well. However, food is very disappointing here croissants are of bad quality everyday. I will recommend friends to stay here but ask them to eat out.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Prateek,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. We do appreciate your feedback. PrideInn Hotel Raphta is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their experience with us is exceeding.Thank you for the positive feedback in regards to our staff attitude and also the serene and beauty of our hotel. I am sad to hear about your experience with our food. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up immediate corrective action. We have very stringent policies in ensuring our food is up to standards and we have made immediate changes to ensure the croissants are well done as this is definitely not in line with our brand standards. This is something that should have been picked immediately by the restaurant team and is absolutely unacceptable. Please accept my sincere apologies. I am glad that i met you and we were able to talk about this issue, be assured that I have personally taken up corrective action to rectify the situation and ensure it doesn’t occur again. Once again, accept my sincere apologies and I hope you are going to have a nice stay with us for the next 3 weeks. Please feel free to contact me on john@prideinn.co.ke

Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed at Pride Inn Raphta 2 yrs ago and i was not impressed but this time i found that a lot has changed and i was so impressed by the new rooms that were refurbished recently. I wish i could stay longer but i had to attend to some business upcountry. The Indian food was equally even though their Indian is longer there. Kudos to the team i will be coming back soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Eugen T, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Janet,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. Its great that you selected Pride Inn Raphta once again and we are glad to read you were impressed with our hotel this time. I am also excited to note that you found the Indian food to be equally good.Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always. We do hope to see next, you experience our refreshing hospitality once again. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

Samal Island, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I had some business in westlands and i was booked by a friend of mine. I was impressed by the environment of this hotel and location,it was very quiet and refreshing. This is a good hotel for someone looking for a quiet place. I would recommend anytime. I was booked in a room near the reception and it was new and very clean.

Room Tip: Rooms near the reception.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Mohammed,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. Its great that you selected Pride Inn Raphta. and we are glad to read you were impressed with our hotel enviroment. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always. We do hope next time you will have time to stay with us you experience our refreshing hospitality. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

Alabaster, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I stayed at Pride Inn for 4 days and i was impressed with the attitude of the staff. Grace was very helpful at the reception and Vicky at the restaurant. I was also impressed with the food variety that they had i will definately be recommending this hotel to my friends who are coming in August for Holiday.

Room Tip: Room behind the reception was very big
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Gilbert,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. It’s great that you selected PrideInn Hotel Raphta and I am glad to read that you found our meals offering great!. I’m also excited to note that you were impressed with the attitude of our staff. I have personally passed on your commendation to Grace and Vicky. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Kigali, Rwanda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This hotel was recommended by friend from Uganda who had stayed here for a week in January. I was with my husband and we found the place maverous especially the front desk team was super. They really made our check-in a wonderful experience with a glass of very cold fresh juice. Despite our ugly encounter with the airport taxi driver, the ladies at the desk made us cool down. Rooms are fantastic, meals were good and the staff generally very polite.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the restaurant are the best!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Eva,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. It’s great that you selected PrideInn Hotel Raphta and I am glad to read that you found our hotel our rooms fantastic and our meals offering great!. I’m also excited to note that you found our staff very polite. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Kigoma, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I was at Raphta for a 3 day conference last month and the food was very good. We had buffet for 3 days and they had a selection of continental and indian food. The service was also timely. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Eugen T, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Catherine,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. We are glad you came for a conference at Raphta. As you mentioned our buffet has a selection of continental,Indian and Chinese meals. I’m also excited to note that you found our food to be great we will ensure to maintain the same standards. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always. We do hope next time you will have time to stay with us you experience our refreshing hospitality. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

General Manager (Pride Inn Raphta)

Been to PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites? Share your experiences!