“GOOD FOOD” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Kigoma, Tanzania
“GOOD FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I was at Raphta for a 3 day conference last month and the food was very good. We had buffet for 3 days and they had a selection of continental and indian food. The service was also timely. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Eugen T, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Catherine,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. We are glad you came for a conference at Raphta. As you mentioned our buffet has a selection of continental,Indian and Chinese meals. I’m also excited to note that you found our food to be great we will ensure to maintain the same standards. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always. We do hope next time you will have time to stay with us you experience our refreshing hospitality. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word.

General Manager (Pride Inn Raphta)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Turkey, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I booked for 2 rooms online for myself and my brother in law. I have been to Kenya 10 times and i didn't know this hotel but i decided to try and i was not disappointed. The rate was favorably low and also the front office staff were very helpful as they assisted me to get my luggage from the airport that got lost. I have already booked once again and i will be coming with my wife in July.

Room Tip: New rooms are very good
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Wilson,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. We are glad you appreciate our prices. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again in July.

Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

It was my 2nd time in Kenya and my budget was tight and decided to book this hotel after it was recommended by a colleague from Dubai. I was a good budget hotel and most of all the location is good away from the city center and i felt much secure than my previous visit of which i stayed in a hotel in town. Also the staff were very kind.

Room Tip: I was in room near the reception it was worth.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Peterson,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. We are glad you appreciate our secure environment and also as you mentioned we are budget friendly. I’m also excited to note that you found our staff to be very kind. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

Mission Beach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

i stayed at Raphta for 3 nights.for the first night i was given an old room which i had not booked for...the receptionist on duty promised i will be moved to new rooms once they are available. i was moved to the new room the next but after insisting. I would recommend they do away with those rooms because they are in a very bad shape they might end up tarnishing the name of the entire hotel. Also the swimming pool is not as the picture suggests. Generally it is a good budget hotel with good service and i will come back in june if am sure i will get a new room.

Room Tip: Rooms next to the parking please..
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Eugen T, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Ken,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. We are glad you appreciate our rooms. I’m also excited to confirm we have already started the refurbishment for the old wing and we are going to finish all the rooms soon. We request you to book well in advance so that your reservation for the new room is confirmed. The issue of the swimming pool is something we are working on soonest. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again this month of June.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our room was quite clean, the bed was fine but some fittings are in very bad condition. The bathroom windows are broken, which is quite unsightly and will allow insects in (although there were very few insects in May). Shower is poor. The adjacent street was noisy from 5.30am and there is a large building site nearby.

Breakfast buffet was fairly good, with sausages, eggs, fruit etc, although I had to ask for a glass, then a bowl, then milk, although they ran out of cold milk and only had hot milk!

Staff are friendly. The hotel is a gated compound so felt secure.

It wasn't too bad for a short stay but I wouldn't recommend or return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lucy,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. We do appreciate your feedback. PrideInn Hotel Raphta is wholly committed to serve our guests exceptionally and ensure their experience with us is exceeding. I am sad to hear about your experience and the challenges you had in your room but we confirm we have started repair works in the old wing and all those issues will be sorted. Indeed, we encourage our guests to give us feedback so that we’re able to take up immediate corrective action. We have very stringent in ensuring our rooms are up to standards on the issue of the milk i have addressed that issue as this is definitely not in line with our brand standards.. Please accept my sincere apologies. We also appreciate you acknowledged our breakfast was good, the staff was friendly and the security was good.Be assured that I have personally taken up corrective action to rectify the situation and ensure it doesn’t occur again.Once again, accept my sincere apologies and I do hope the next time you travel you will return to PrideInn Hotel Raphta and be sure to let me know. It’ll be a pleasure to meet with you.

John Gitau
General Manager( Pride Inn Raphta)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

A friend recommended to me pride inn and i ended up at their Raphta rd branch.. it was worth as the prices were very low.one for the staff informed me they had other branches and i ended up visiting the Lantana branch which was equally good but more superior and the prices were higher for the rooms.they both have great food!!!!

Room Tip: New rooms are very good.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Eugen T, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear King,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. We are glad you appreciate our prices. I’m also excited to note that you found our food to be great we will ensure to maintain the same standards and we will also pass that message to our other branch. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

John
Assistant General Manager (Pride Inn Raphta)
Malindi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was here for the 3rd time in two years. The place had been left to the hoods but today it is amazing the much that has been done. But most of it all, staff are the best I have ever dealt with. Moses in the restaurant and Erick at the desk were extremely good without forgetting the boss John. Room are now spacious and very clean well equipped and a comfortable bed. Good investment. Surprisingly, the rates remains the same.

Room Tip: Any of the new rooms will do
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Abdullatif,

Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at PrideInn Hotel Raphta. We are glad you appreciate our comfortable rooms. I’m also excited to note that you found our staff to be extremely good . I have personally passed on your commendation to the mentioned staff. Our friendly and helpful staff strive to provide warm, welcoming, high standard service always, and making your stay with us great. Thank you for your recommendation and we appreciate each word. We definitely look forward to hosting you again.

John
Assistant General Manager (Pride Inn Raphta)

Been to PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites? Share your experiences!