“Great Budget Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #119 of 145 Hotels in Nairobi
Beirut, Lebanon
“Great Budget Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The apartments are huge for the rates and the small rooms are really nice but the glass is quite thin so if you are a light sleeper like I am it might be very hard for you to sleep. The staff are super friendly and helpful and I thank them for everything.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
PRIDEINN_12, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Road, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear guest. Thanks for your review, We have taken note on the quality of sleep as you mentioned and the issue of glass will be discussed by management to find best possible way to correct the situation. We value guest sleep and comfort and this is a priority to us. Regards, Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager

Cairo, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We Stayed at the Nairobi PrideInn for 1 night in March 2014 after staying at Eka hotel for 3 nights. Thought Eka got a 5 star rating, I found Prideinn more friendly and guest oriented. Especially reception and security. Manager allowed for late check out free which was very appreciated! I did not manage to have a meal here except for breakfast of which I would say obviously Eka has better offer on this. We found Pride Inn an excellent place, the room was very clean and comfortable. They allowed us to leave our extra luggage at the hotel for days and picked it up as we were to the Airport. Excellent people and policies.

Room Tip: Studio room was very nice and equipped kitchenette
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Eugen T, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Road, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Limoh,
i am glad you found your stay at our hotel most pleasing.
on the breakfast; that concern is duly noted and something to improve on it will be done.
we look forward to your return
East Timor
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed ten days on business and I had a comfortable stay. The room I got was big and well furnished: A king size bed (although it was actually two beds put together under one big sheet), a settee including a coffee table and sofas , a dining table and a chair, a TV (which did not always work), a fridge, a kitchen sink and some plates/cutlery. It was almost self-catering: I say almost as there was no cooker/microwave to cook/heat food. My room was at the end, in front of the swimming pool, and the wireless internet reception was poor. The kettle was broken when I checked in but it was replaced. The shower stopped heating but it was fixed. The water pressure was decent. The restaurant served international, Indian and Chinese food. The Indian food was good. An issue was that they do not sell alcohol - but once I learned that, I bought from shops and stocked in my room - the problem solved. Breakfast is quite basic - a buffet style, instant coffee or tea bag, sweet bread, spring rolls/samosas, some stir-fried veggies/beans, and fruits. Staff cooked eggs at request. Staff were friendly and helpful. There was a wedding party one night and the music did not stop until early in the morning but I slept anyway. All in all, I think it is a decent hotel and can recommend for a long stay. I felt at home and safe.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
PRIDEINN_12, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Road, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback. We highly value our clients views and we found yours very special. We are glad you enjoyed the stay after all. Sorry for the Wedding, this is not very common as this is a residential set up. Am glad the Electrical Kettle was replaced on time same to the shower. Sometimes mechanical installations and equipment could fail but quick replacement works. We have also improved the breakfast from basic to English, I am sure next time you visit you will be delighted by the improvement. Currently, we are on fibre optic and the net speed is commendable. We regret the inconvenience caused but we are delighted at the end you found us convenient, safe place, good food and friendly staff. We look forward to hosting you again soon. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

It is out of the way, in a residential area of Westland, a toney area of Nairobi. I spent three nights there on a business trip, getting a killer good rate via tripadvisor and being interested by the ranking.

Good restaurant, great staff (to a person), comfortable room, strong wi-fi, and a pool (which I did not use). Quiet location, so great sleeping. Refrig in room.

There are limitations. Shower (a good one) but no bathtub. Limited TV channels. No AC or screens on windows, but they did immediately provide me a nice fan when requested. But I was out on business during the day, and there only at night, so I was very comfortable. And no booze there, but you are not far, by taxi, from excellent shopping, so no worries.

For a bit, my passport was lost, and I was looking at the prospect of having to stay three extra nights, until the US embassy opened again. But that did not seem so bad, given this place. And by the way, the staff all put on their thinking caps to help me figure out where it was lost.

On balance, I can't now imagine staying anywhere else in Nairobi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear, Mr. MarcCutright, Thanks you so much for a wonderful review, we are delighted to learn that you actually had a good moment in our facility and staff treated you right. We thank you so much for choosing us and making us your first choice in Nairobi. Good luck with the Passport. We are sure to see you soon. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I and my partner stayed here for 2 nights after completing 3 day business trip in Nayuki. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are very old but still very comfortable, restaurant service was reasonably good and the receptionists were excellent. we enjoyed the food and the breakfast was great! Most of all, Ezekiel the security manager was extremely good to us, very helpful and polite. Surely a nice place to stay in Nairobi.

Room Tip: The rooms in front are renovated and very cosy unlike the spacious ones facing the pool
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
PRIDEINN_12, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Road, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Clive, We are honored to read such a review on Trip Advisor. Thank you very much. It is our hope that you will be coming back soon. I will definitely pass your regards to Ezekiel. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager
mumias, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Being my third time to this hotel, It has become my second home. Very warm staff, nice meals and unmatched environment. one of those places in Nairobi you can will enjoy open area with grass.
The menu has improved and the rooms given a face lift. I thank the management for considering and implementing guests concerns.

Room Tip: New deluxe rooms are modern and cosy
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
PRIDEINN_12, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Road, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
We are honored to learn that you liked our facilities. Thanks a lot and we do hope to host you again soon. Lawrence Kinyua,General Manager
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

The suite was superb, cleaned twice daily. The staff is very efficient and friendly. The pool is cool with refreshing cocktail bar. The meeting rooms are well sized with upto date equipment. The place is very quiet hence very appropriate for private meetingns.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
PRIDEINN_12, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Road, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We do appreciate your review on our services. We are happy to realize that you actually enjoyed your stay with us. Lawrence Kinyua