“Nice place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites

Save Saved
You added PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites to your Saves list
PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raphta Road | Westlands, Nairobi 38343, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)   |
Ranked #2 of 101 hotels in Nairobi
California, Maryland
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were here for 3 nights after our game drive. It is located around 5 minutes drive from the city centre in a very quite lavish estate in Westlands shopping centre.Delicious food, quality accommodation and a very cool atmosphere, perhaps the best part of this hotel second from the rates and staff attitude, Very helpful and friendly staff especially the front desk and security. Generally, we loved the place so much and we will definitely pass our recommendations to friends!

Room Tip: Executive rooms after the reception block are excellent
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
PRIDEINN_12, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
We are so happy to read your beautiful review. It is so encouraging to hear all the good things you found in our services and facility. We are sure to host you again soon. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Cape May, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

It was a challenge getting here. Even the airport cab driver did was not very much conversant with the location of this hotel. Otherwise apart from the on going renovations and difficulties in tracing the hotel, everything else was excellent. My room was a studio next to the reception, well equipped and the room ambiance was so pleasant. Meals were delicious,Both front desk and the restaurant staff were very friendly to us and we even extended our stay with 2 days. We shall be back.

Room Tip: Take a studio room near the reception
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Johnson. Thank you for your genuine opinion. It is true Raphta is slight away from the busy town streets, while in a lavish estate in Westlands. We have taken note of your concern and we are placing clear billboards in all the necessary places. We are glad you loved our place and that now you are away of the direction. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager
Fes, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Raphta is not a luxury hotel, that you should know. I was here through hotel.com and I have no regrets. The services are above their class. Rooms and I mean the new rooms are excellent with awesome lighting. The restaurant is open air with red theme color.. very clean and sparkling. Very delicious meals and helpful staff. The gardens are young and well maintain. But the best part id the staff attitude. Thank you and expect us back!

Room Tip: Studio room doubles are cool with kitchen
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear John, Thank you so much for your brilliant review. We are glad you found our services that good. It was pleasure hosting your group and we do believe you will be back soon. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager
Moshi, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

For 3 days I stayed here, I should say this was my best stay in Nairobi. Very friendly team of staff, excellent Chinese Cuisine, very beautiful restaurant and crystal clean swimming pool right behind the rooms.

The room we got the first day was aging but we managed to get another one on the front row and this was marvelous. I realized they are currently working on the old wing to bring it at par with the new rooms. Receptionists were so good and security was convincing. Will always recommend the place especially for the vegetation all around.

Room Tip: Take a room on the front row near the reception
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Karu, Thank you for the review, we do appreciate and feel so encouraged. We promise to keep up the standard and even improve on. Regards, Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager
Mbale, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

One of the great places in Nairobi. I was here for 2 days visiting our sister company. The rooms are comfortable clean and spacious, the restaurant is beautifully set and the meals are excellent. The gardens well maintained and very peaceful. The most exciting thing is the staff. very friendly and profession. will be back

Room Tip: Studio rooms are excellent and the Kitchenette is well set
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Jacob. Thanks a lot for the beautiful feedback. We are delighted to learn how impressed you found our services. We surely look forward towards hosting you once again. All the front desk and service staff miss you so much. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager.
Juba, South Sudan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed ten days on business and I had a comfortable stay. The room I got was big and well furnished: A king size bed (although it was actually two beds put together under one big sheet), a settee including a coffee table and sofas , a dining table and a chair, a TV (which did not always work), a fridge, a kitchen sink and some plates/cutlery. It was almost self-catering: I say almost as there was no cooker/microwave to cook/heat food. My room was at the end, in front of the swimming pool, and the wireless internet reception was poor. The kettle was broken when I checked in but it was replaced. The shower stopped heating but it was fixed. The water pressure was decent. The restaurant served international, Indian and Chinese food. The Indian food was good. An issue was that they do not sell alcohol - but once I learned that, I bought from shops and stocked in my room - the problem solved. Breakfast is quite basic - a buffet style, instant coffee or tea bag, sweet bread, spring rolls/samosas, some stir-fried veggies/beans, and fruits. Staff cooked eggs at request. Staff were friendly and helpful. There was a wedding party one night and the music did not stop until early in the morning but I slept anyway. All in all, I think it is a decent hotel and can recommend for a long stay. I felt at home and safe.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
PRIDEINN_12, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback. We highly value our clients views and we found yours very special. We are glad you enjoyed the stay after all. Sorry for the Wedding, this is not very common as this is a residential set up. Am glad the Electrical Kettle was replaced on time same to the shower. Sometimes mechanical installations and equipment could fail but quick replacement works. We have also improved the breakfast from basic to English, I am sure next time you visit you will be delighted by the improvement. Currently, we are on fibre optic and the net speed is commendable. We regret the inconvenience caused but we are delighted at the end you found us convenient, safe place, good food and friendly staff. We look forward to hosting you again soon. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

It is out of the way, in a residential area of Westland, a toney area of Nairobi. I spent three nights there on a business trip, getting a killer good rate via tripadvisor and being interested by the ranking.

Good restaurant, great staff (to a person), comfortable room, strong wi-fi, and a pool (which I did not use). Quiet location, so great sleeping. Refrig in room.

There are limitations. Shower (a good one) but no bathtub. Limited TV channels. No AC or screens on windows, but they did immediately provide me a nice fan when requested. But I was out on business during the day, and there only at night, so I was very comfortable. And no booze there, but you are not far, by taxi, from excellent shopping, so no worries.

For a bit, my passport was lost, and I was looking at the prospect of having to stay three extra nights, until the US embassy opened again. But that did not seem so bad, given this place. And by the way, the staff all put on their thinking caps to help me figure out where it was lost.

On balance, I can't now imagine staying anywhere else in Nairobi.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear, Mr. MarcCutright, Thanks you so much for a wonderful review, we are delighted to learn that you actually had a good moment in our facility and staff treated you right. We thank you so much for choosing us and making us your first choice in Nairobi. Good luck with the Passport. We are sure to see you soon. Lawrence Kinyua, General Manager

Been to PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites? Share your experiences!