“BEST SERVICE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites

Save Saved
You added PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites to your Saves list
PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Raphta Road | Westlands, Nairobi 38343, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)   |
Ranked #2 of 92 hotels in Nairobi
Berlin, Germany
“BEST SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

It was my first time in this hotel and from day one i knew i was home.From the security to the cleaner,they are always ready to help.I had a problem with my booking from my office but the receptionist-jacky sorted it out immediately.The Indian food is amazing.I got a very nice,clean room with a kitchen which came in handy.I recommend this place to anyone traveling to Nairobi

Room Tip: choose rooms around the pool area
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Eugen T, General Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
kampala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

i have been a regular guest in this hotel and always stay for prolonged periods at a time due to the nature of my work, For me what always stand out are the staff-They always make my stay pleasant and memorable and i always feel at home- Eric, Fridah,Jacky, Ben etc-thanks alot-you are the best. Regards Koigi

Room Tip: I always preffer rooms 114 or 116-They are very spacious and it is a home away from home!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Waterloo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Arrived the first night. I felt so bad. He showed us the room. It didnt have AC. I was really angry. But then later I realized we didn't need AC. I misbehaved a little but the staff were very patient. They were very polite. Nice restaurant. They have great indian food. The rooms were good. Very clean except for the suite. Very close to the bars in the Westland. Reasonable prices.

• Stayed September 2013
we very much appreciate your positive comments....we look forward to hosting you again soon! Regards...Siele
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

During my stay I was in room 126/127 with my family and I also had other family members staying in other room around the hotel. My room was two different rooms joined together which made the place bigger. The stay was welcoming by the staff and I felt at home.
The freedom around the hotel made me very happy and the help of the staff meant that I did not have to rely on my parents.
I think by the end of the stay (9nights) I was quite upset as I felt that I was leaving family and moving out as opposed to checking out of a hotel. The help of the maintenance staff (Julius) and house keeping (Janet and Robina) was excellent and efficient.
The reception staff (Eric, John, Ben, Jacky) were always there to sort out any problems, no matter what the time was. For example, when I was thirsty one night, Ben was more than happy to serve me some drinks from the restaurant.
The kitchen staff were welcome to any request for Breakfast and would cater to every need my stomach required.
The swimming pool and snooker table facility meant that my friends and I could enjoy 24/7 in the hotel only.
My mornings started nicely with the early morning breakfast and ended nicely due to the welcoming Pride Inn.
I will be looking forward to seeing the new improvements when I come back next year.

Definitely recommend this hotel over the others in and around Nairobi, Kenya.

Room Tip: Avoid 116 and 117 as they tend to have problems 114 has an excellent doorbell to start your monring...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks Moti....We sincerely thank you for taking time to review our property and we shall endeavor our very best to keep our service even better..sincere regards, Siele
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at this facility for 19 days. Although my first room was not up to my standard, the complaint was addressed promptly and to my full satisfaction by getting a new room which was lovely. It was very spacious and I could hold many business meetings there without having to drive to town.
What i liked most was the breakfast which included traditional foods like "Ngwaci" and "Nduma".
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and I look forward to seeing Hillary, Edwin, John, Anne, Pius, Ben, Mathee (and the others whose names I cannot remember) when I next go back. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PRIDEINN_12, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to review our services. We pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to host you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at the Raphta Road suites (B & B only) for 6 days in total (first for 2 days and then for 4 days). When we arrived, only one of our 2 rooms was ready. It was a largish room with a living area and a small kitchen. We weren't given any fresh towels or bottled water - so had to ask for these. Also the shower didn't work properly so there was no heated water. And there was no hot water in the sink either - when we complained to reception, they said that they didn't have a boiler!!!!! Anyway, they came to fix the shower and we got lukewarm water.

The internet connection was crap too. Wireless signal was not very good. At one pointm the WiFi connection wasn't available for 2 days. The hotel blamed the service provider and it was eventually fixed - wasn't good for people who had come for business conferences!

Foodwise - very basic, limited choice. It was buffet style. However, they did make you a fresh omelette should you wish to have one. If you decide to eat in the restaurant for lunch or dinner, then their prices are reasonable.

After 2 days we left to go on our safari and returned back to PrideInn and things were not much better. We were promised two rooms next to each other, but were given the same rooms we had previously. The first night back, there was a power cut. The generators failed to come on, but luckily we had packed torches - there weren't even any candles in the rooms!#

Again, rooms were cleaned daily, but fresh towels were not refreshed. We had to ask at reception for more. One excuse was that the laundry van hadn't arrived on time!! Surely they should have a spare supply.

Also, all these complaints - the managers don't relay these back to owners of the hotel. Luckily for us, the owner was on site, and he didn't know about these issues and he said he would get them resolved. We said that all these problems that we suffered, we'd need some form of compensation because you expect basic amenities - they wouldn't reduce the amount we had to pay, but they did give us a complimentary dinner which was nice of them.

Location-wise, it's ok... about 30 mins walk into central Westlands.

Overall, if I had the choice, I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mr. Dazkool,

Thanks for taking time to review our services. We however apologize for all the inconveniences caused. It is our standard to have room ready with all the supplies before we sell. We do acknowledge that there was a delay from our outsourced laundry services provider due to general problem of power in town that also affected the water supply. This caused delays in major service around town and we had to use the entire linen stock that was available hence the slight hiccup experienced. This explains the unusual power black out.

We also apologize for the internet connectivity as well. As you mentioned, for 3 days we had a quite a big challenge with connectivity assumably due to fresh cable installation that was going on in Westlands at that particular time.

However, so far we have established a laundry section with one of our 6 outlets, and for the Internet, we are on the two major service providers in Kenya .. Access Kenya and Wananchi. This means, when one is down, we can still access Internet through the other.

Our generator has adequate output and capacity. Unfortunately, that evening the Autoswitch temporarily jammed and we sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience.

We got a new group chef and as you mentioned, we have discussed the menu options and so far the issue of variety in the menu will not arise in near future. At the moment, we boost for the best and largest multi-cuisine kitchen around handling Chinese, Indian, Barbeque and Continental under Royal Kitchen Multi-Cuisine.

We do appreciate your remarks on the the menu price as well as the omellet. our concept is 3 star facilities offering 5 star services. That explains why our prices seemingly are reasonable.

With all the accommodation and conference facility choices we have around, we still would like to encourage you to stay with us next time and you will confirm the improvement
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed at the Raphta Road property for 2 days first week of December 2012. The rooms are very run down but massive bed room and living room.. comfortable bed.. The instant water heater works but the shower was haywire.. the food is average.. the service was pretty good.. Wifi was weak in the room but fast in the restaurant and reception. More importantly its well located if you are going to be around Westlands or the city. the staff and the reception was very helpful and I think a lot of their rooms are under renovation and hence will be good to stay once they are ready. Was booked under a corporate rate and hence was affordable. Would definitely stay there provided i pay the corporate rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Eugen T, Manager at PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Arenski,

Thank you very much for the informative suggestions that you have given to our Hotel. Management has taken these comments posted here very seriously and We have Hotel has already started the process of renovating the rooms which were in poor shape.
We thank you for the continued support and we ask that you visit our hotel in the future so that you can be able to see the massive improvements and you can rate us once again.

Kind regards,
Eugene

Been to PrideInn Hotel Raphta Suites? Share your experiences!