“Wonderful way to spend an afternoon” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Factory Tours
Attraction Details
Hook, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Wonderful way to spend an afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

An excellent guide taught us masses about bead making. Watching each step of the process, and being able to talk to the clever ladies who do the hard graft, was wonderful. And then an opportunity to buy the beautiful products.... What more could a girl ask for?! And it was fine to get around in a wheelchair too although I did need the occasional push. Fabulous afternoon and now I am back in the dreary uk weather I still love my necklaces!

Visited January 2014

Geneva, IL
9 attraction reviews
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

It was a Sunday when we went here so the factory was closed. Nonetheless, I had a very enjoyable time browsing through the shop and finally managed to choose the perfect necklace. Items are very well made and reasonably priced. Had a drink in the garden also.

Visited December 2013
St. Albans, United Kingdom
61 attraction reviews
“Interesting place to visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We went here for a quick tour on our day in Nairobi, it's not too far from the giraffe centre and elephant orphanages if you're over in Karen. We were shown round by one of the guides who was very good at explaining how all the processes worked.

At the end we were invited into the shop to have a look. We bought a few bits and pieces, came to about £30 for 2 necklaces, a small giraffe and a candle holder which seemed pretty reasonable to me.

Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
62 attraction reviews
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Words cannot express how I felt when I went into this wonderful place, these beads are hand made, hand painted, and the result is beautiful, they are up to perfection when completed, we had a great tour of the place, Mary Maraga was so great with us , the people there are so happy.
Each piece brought from Kazuri helps to contribute to single woman and the welfare of their families. I brought so many it was well worth it.

Visited October 2013
Kirkwood, Missouri
23 attraction reviews
“Fascinating place....beautiful jewelry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

"Small and beautiful" aptly describes the Kazuri beads and the women who make them. I was fascinated by both the painstaking process of making the beads and the women themselves. This factory teaches women (mostly single mothers) a skill to help them support their children. We were able to speak and interact with them during the tour. Each bead is handmade, handpainted, fired and strung. I love my flat-bead necklace, as I can feel the finger imprint of the women who made each bead. I disagree with an earlier post that the prices in the shop are hefty. They are significantly less than the same product here in the States. I went online to shop for more and the price for one necklace is more than I paid in Kenya for 2 necklaces, 2 bracelets and a pair of earrings. At the factory shop, I wanted my necklace shortened and they cheerfully handled that for me at no additional cost. I definitely recommend a trip to this attraction. In fact, I would go again.

Visited July 2013