“Great Place” 4 of 5 stars

Geneva, IL
13 attraction reviews
“Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

It was a Sunday when we went here so the factory was closed. Nonetheless, I had a very enjoyable time browsing through the shop and finally managed to choose the perfect necklace. Items are very well made and reasonably priced. Had a drink in the garden also.

Visited December 2013

St. Albans, United Kingdom
60 attraction reviews
“Interesting place to visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We went here for a quick tour on our day in Nairobi, it's not too far from the giraffe centre and elephant orphanages if you're over in Karen. We were shown round by one of the guides who was very good at explaining how all the processes worked.

At the end we were invited into the shop to have a look. We bought a few bits and pieces, came to about £30 for 2 necklaces, a small giraffe and a candle holder which seemed pretty reasonable to me.

Visited September 2013
Toronto, Canada
68 attraction reviews
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

Words cannot express how I felt when I went into this wonderful place, these beads are hand made, hand painted, and the result is beautiful, they are up to perfection when completed, we had a great tour of the place, Mary Maraga was so great with us , the people there are so happy.
Each piece brought from Kazuri helps to contribute to single woman and the welfare of their families. I brought so many it was well worth it.

Visited October 2013
Kirkwood, Missouri
26 attraction reviews
“Fascinating place....beautiful jewelry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

"Small and beautiful" aptly describes the Kazuri beads and the women who make them. I was fascinated by both the painstaking process of making the beads and the women themselves. This factory teaches women (mostly single mothers) a skill to help them support their children. We were able to speak and interact with them during the tour. Each bead is handmade, handpainted, fired and strung. I love my flat-bead necklace, as I can feel the finger imprint of the women who made each bead. I disagree with an earlier post that the prices in the shop are hefty. They are significantly less than the same product here in the States. I went online to shop for more and the price for one necklace is more than I paid in Kenya for 2 necklaces, 2 bracelets and a pair of earrings. At the factory shop, I wanted my necklace shortened and they cheerfully handled that for me at no additional cost. I definitely recommend a trip to this attraction. In fact, I would go again.

Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
42 attraction reviews
“I wish I had bought more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Kazuri Every Bead Has a Story .Kazuri which means "small and beautiful" in Swahilili began in 1975 as a tiny workshop.Each piece is handmade and painted.
It evolved from a need for the women to support their families and have social interaction
I attended the shop on a Sunday so was unable to see the actual process of making the jewellery but that does not detract from the amazing colours and designs of the jewellery on display for purchase.
I personally did not find the items expensive in that in my home country I would pay far more for the item.
It was very hard to decide what to buy and at the same time I am so disappointed that I did not buy more.
For crafty people who like to make their own you can purchase the beads.
You will not be disappointed by visiting this outlet and if tired of shopping stop under the tree have a tea and let the mischievous monkeys entertain you.

Visited September 2013