“Shellfish and Service beyond excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 324 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: American, African, Caribbean, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Description: Already considered to be Nairobi's premier steak and seafood destinations, Seven's distinctive and innovatively designed restaurants offer a sumptuous selection of the finest Indian Ocean seafood and the finest cuts of locally produced beef aged on site in a glass, humidity controlled meat rooms. A mouth-watering array of oysters, lobsters, prawns and ocean fish are delivered daily, freshly prepared and accompanied by Seven's signature sauces. Meat lovers are well catered for, with exclusive, hand-selected cuts of Kenya's finest beef that have been carefully aged and butchered in house. Reviewed as the best in town, indulge in one of Seven's decadent desserts to complete Nairobi's most unique dining experiences.
former NYr
“Shellfish and Service beyond excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant in the middle of a casual shopping mall in Nairobi. Because Nairobi is landlocked we were a bit skeptical but intrigued by the plentiful seafood and shellfish on the menu. We started slowly to test the water with an order of baked oysters. They were prepared wonderfully. We had two more orders. We then ordered the King Prawns. Again excellent, prepared with a paprika sauce that was a new and wonderful experience. After at least five appetizers we graduated to some sort of "house" shellfish platter that included Spiny Lobster, King Prawns, and Slipper Lobster. Again, prepared with a very flavorful paprika sauce.
I can't give a higher recommendation about this restaurant. If you find yourself in Nairobi and enjoy shellfish and stellar service with a smile - you have to visit Seven Seafood and Grill. Top 10 restaurants I've ever been lucky enough to visit. Lastly, excellent wine menu to complete the experience.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Nairobi
“Try the steak and ale pie...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

...for something completely different in a restaurant, the original branch of which (ABC Plaza) is best known for its fish. Delicious, with a crust worthy of a London pub. Service at lunch was a little slow, but friendly. Much better than average lunch stop.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
“A whole disapointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

We went there to discover a new place but we were terribly disapointed! My muslin Colleague first of all asked for Virgin Mojito, they brought us Golden Mojito (which contains alcohol), I asked for Garlic bread, they brought bread toasted with butter, we aited for almost a hour to be serve cold food. Another colleague and myself have to ask them to go and warm the food, my food was with cripy fries and vegetable, I have never seen the vegetables. After dinning we asked for a bottle of water, till the moment I am riting this review it has not come. And the bill OMG! for a non tasty food and anyone who is crazy about sea food should just go to my usual place Tamarinds! Seven Seafood is not the best place for it at all!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Poor Service and Unfresh Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have dined at Sevens on several occasions, the ambiance is very good and the food has been good, when the owners are present. However when the owners of the restaurant are not there, the staff are not able to perform on their own. Now that they have opened another restaurant, the owners are rarely there. Yesterday evening, I ordered the masala prawns - first the waiters completely ignored to bring me the puri accompaniment, that is suppose to come with the dish. The smell of the dish was off - meaning the sauce that the prawns were drenched in was not fresh! then I found in a prawn that looked like it belonged to another dish - it was not shelled and was open like it had been barbequed - I thought maybe they were trying to reuse a prawn and it could have come from a leftover dish or something.
The service was terrible, despite having numerous waiters, they added us a table and did not lay out the table with a cloth until pushed to do so.
As there are suspicions as to the freshness of the seafood, I shall not be eating there again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Kenya
“Bad service and only one simple salade let me wait 40min”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

However the taste of food is deserved waiting. I propose the seafood salade as starters. Especially the toast sauce is delicious.

• Visited November 2013