“Surprised by the quality of food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 315 restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Bangkok, Thailand
“Surprised by the quality of food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was invited for dinner by my business partners at this restaurant. My expectations were not so high given this was my first visit to Nairobi but I have to admit that the food was superb. The menu is quite creative and the dishes I tried were excellent.
This seems to be a popular place in town and the restaurant was busy. Service was efficient and friendly.
Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
Geneva
“Outstanding restaurant by any international standards”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Truly one of the best fish restaurants I have visited but have no doubt their meat dishes are as excellent.

Fabulous fresh-catch specials of the day served with audacious flavours and great presentation.

Ambience very cool, and a good mix of locals and expats.

Waiter was excellent and despite being busy was easy to get their attention for refills.

Good international wine list as well.

It is mid to upper priced but as always it depends on the wine you choose and how many bottles, because the food alone is reasonable for a very, very nice place.

I would come here regularly if I lived in Nairobi and will definitely come back when visiting again later in the year.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“The Perfect Date”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

After watching the Bush Larder, I became a great fan of the chef & had to try his restaurant. It didn't disappoint. We had the Ocean platter & enjoyed the different fish, especially the octopus.
It is rather pricy but the food was a lot, we had leftover to carry.
Love the ambience, the service was perfect & the waiters were well informed. It has been a while since I had such great service at a restaurant. The only negative was the tea we had was bogus.
I am definitely going back. Love it:-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Probably the best place in Nairobi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Yup, seafood it does and do it well it does. Not cheap but then this is for special occasions, that said 6 of us ate (cocktail to start, starter, main & dessert + wine) for GBP300. Nothing on the menu is bad...all good...just go and enjoy.

Visited February 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“phenomenal seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Having lived in Nairobi most of my life, I know that seafood options have always been iffy. So I (sadly, and shamefully) usually wait for holidays away to really go into seafood. Seven has changed all this-- the food is fantastic!!! It's a great place- the ambiance is good, and the service is wonderful; and of course, the food is out of this world!

• Visited July 2012