“Saturday lunch at Seven” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 347 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, African, Seafood, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Already considered to be Nairobi's premier steak and seafood destinations, Seven's distinctive and innovatively designed restaurants offer a sumptuous selection of the finest Indian Ocean seafood and the finest cuts of locally produced beef aged on site in a glass, humidity controlled meat rooms. A mouth-watering array of oysters, lobsters, prawns and ocean fish are delivered daily, freshly prepared and accompanied by Seven's signature sauces. Meat lovers are well catered for, with exclusive, hand-selected cuts of Kenya's finest beef that have been carefully aged and butchered in house. Reviewed as the best in town, indulge in one of Seven's decadent desserts to complete Nairobi's most unique dining experiences.
Nairobi, Kenya
“Saturday lunch at Seven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Another tantalizing meal at Seven, have been several times but finally got round to writing this. Seven has a great atmosphere and having been there in the evenings on a couple of occasions I must say I love the atmosphere and of course the cocktails. I would safely say Seven does the best cocktails in Nairobi. The Mojitos are the best, try the strawberry Mojito, very nice.
For our lunch, I had the lime and ginger juice, can't say I was too impressed with that, then came the food, the asparagus and Brie tartlet was divine and just melted in your mouth, my husband had the goats cheese starter on a bed of beetroot again fantastic. For the main I had the open ravioli with spinach and butternut which was good but not as amazing as the starter. My husband had the Mediterranean panini which was also good. Seven has a separate lunch menu, it would be nice to have a veg burger, or a quiche with salad on it. I must admit being vegetarian this is not the best choice of restaurants as it geared more towards seafood which my friends claim is excellent. I would suggest to the chef, for us vegetarians who enjoy coming to Seven for the atmosphere, cocktails and company, it would be nice if they varied the menu a little, maybe have a different vegetarian special. Other than that a most enjoyable experience and a great place to spend time with good friends.

• Visited December 2012

Nairobi, Kenya
“Over-rated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Disgusting inconsistent food. I do not understand why some people like it. The non-seafood dishes are a disappointment for sure.

Visited May 2012
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Can't wait for my next visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

A beautiful restaurant with a great atmosphere! The food was amazing and the menu tantalised every taste bud! The staff were friendly and efficient and the owner was at hand to meet guests and ensure both the food and service were to the highest of standards! We will definitely be returning!

New York
“They know their fish...mostly.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

One of the few places in Nairobi that actually knows how to cook fish properly (i.e. seared, semi-crispy outside and moist, not-quite-rare inside). The interior aims high for Nairobi standards, and though the execution is far from perfect, the attempt is admirable.

My only gripe was the (lack of) oysters. Last time I went we ordered oysters on the half shell. Ten minutes later the waiter returned to ask 'cooked or raw'. We reiterated that we meant the latter. Twenty minutes later he returned to ask 'you know that's raw, right? Are you sure you want that?' and we assured him we did. After more than thirty minutes and no oysters we again inquired. At about the one hour mark we were told there were, in fact, no oysters.

Other than that a solid experience.

• Visited April 2012
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
“Pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Located in a strip mall, this fish restaurant is a hidden Nairobi gem. Food was really good: fresh tasty fish and very good wine. We even found a bottle of our favorite New Zealand Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc.

Visited October 2012