“Pleasant surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

+254 737 776677
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 354 Restaurants in Nairobi
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Already considered to be Nairobi's premier steak and seafood destinations, Seven's distinctive and innovatively designed restaurants offer a sumptuous selection of the finest Indian Ocean seafood and the finest cuts of locally produced beef aged on site in a glass, humidity controlled meat rooms. A mouth-watering array of oysters, lobsters, prawns and ocean fish are delivered daily, freshly prepared and accompanied by Seven's signature sauces. Meat lovers are well catered for, with exclusive, hand-selected cuts of Kenya's finest beef that have been carefully aged and butchered in house. Reviewed as the best in town, indulge in one of Seven's decadent desserts to complete Nairobi's most unique dining experiences.
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
“Pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Located in a strip mall, this fish restaurant is a hidden Nairobi gem. Food was really good: fresh tasty fish and very good wine. We even found a bottle of our favorite New Zealand Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc.

Visited October 2012

Nairobi
“Well Done! Surf and Turf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I'm not a fish lover but my family is so I went to Seven reluctantly expecting to eat a plain burger with no taste. To my surprise they had more than burgers and I asked for a steak that came really welldone as I like it, still with lots of flavor. My family tried the fish in different ways and also found good quality of fish, well prepared, lots of flavor and best tartar sauce. WIll try again and this time won't go reluctantly but happy. Did I mention they have a good bar too?

Visited November 2012
Kampala, Uganda
“SEAFOOD DELIGHT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Service, top!
Food, top!
Drinks, top!
What more can I say? A friend took me to Seven to celebrate my birthday and it was a great choice. As a seafood lover who now lives in a landlocked country, I was happy to be in Nairobi for the week and spend an evening at Seven. The calamari appetizer was delicious, and the paella entre was divine. I am salivating just thinking of the meal, and I am now back to home, where I don't get seafood. The ambiance was nice, music was not loud, so you could hear one another. I highly recommend Seven mostly for the seafood, but also for drinks as they have an interesting cocktail menu.

Visited November 2012
Aalborg, Denmark
“Great steaks and seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I can definitely recommend this place as a great dining opportunity in Nairobi. Situated just off Waiyaki Way, this place has two specialities: seafood and steaks. I tried the fish cake which was great, then had the tenderloin which was absolutely divine, tender and cooked exactly to my specification. Great deco, nice ambience, friendly staff. Prices are a bit high-end, but so is the quality of the food. Came in on a Sunday night and the place was almost empty, but my business partner told me the place is very busy on Fridays and Saturdays so advanced reservation is a must on those days.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cairo, Egypt
“Food good, service not always consistent, but still tops for seafood in Nairobi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I have been to Sevens several times with friends and family. Each time I tried several dishes from the seafood and steak selection. The entrecôte steak is a good choice with the mushroom sauce. The chili prawns starter is a bit too small, which is why I usually get the Sevens prawns starter for the table. I have also had the fish Kiev and the lobster, which were great. I also recommend the Lobster cappuccino and getting one of their fishbowl drinks if you're searching for a buzz.

The food is always hot and tasty. The service has always been good as well. That's until last night - a Saturday (it was busy so it must have had something to do with it). The female server didn't seem too concerned with the fact our drinks didn't come out and that she didn't put in the entree until our starters were done, which delayed the meal - we didn't get our entree until 30 minutes after our starter. I also wasn't too crazy about the seafood paella. It didn't lack seafood, but it did lack seasoning and was a bit too dry. In the end we avoided getting dessert and coffee because we feared the additional time it would take.

I'll chalk it up to a not-so-good server among an otherwise pretty impressive service team on a busy night of the week. I will probably avoid going there on Saturdays in the future. Despite this one bad experience last night, I would still recommend it to anyone fixing for seafood and steak in Nairobi, especially if you're a little tired of the same old, same old from the likes of Tamarind, etc. The lounge is also clutch for an after dinner drink, but they clearly don't ave the license yet to keep the bar open late night (we closed the lounge a couple of times during the week - AT 11pm!). If they did stay open later , they'd definitely give Mercury (next door) a run in competition for late-night drinks.