This hotel appears to have grown incrementally from a residential property to a guest house to a fully-fledged hotel, and it shows. It comprises adjoining blocks that don't fit together well - you walk through a TV room and dining area to get to most of the rooms. My room was adequate but noisy due to the narrow corridors, lightweight doors and proximity to the outdoor seating area. For the price it was fair, however, especially for this upmarket part of Nairobi. The close proximity to the Village Market was also a great bonus, as you can walk there in 5 mins and find a wide variety of food/drink options.
Two real gripes guided my 3-star rating. First, the hotel is about to burst and is taking too many people for its staff and infrastructure. Breakfast was a melee with everyone coming at the same time (7-7.30 am) and the system unable to cope. I didn't get a seat and there was no coffee left. Bowls and cutlery had run out and the kitchen staff were racing around trying to hold it all together. The front desk was a similarly chaotic scene, with lost keys and various confusions. They're overwhelmed and can't cope at full occupancy. My second problem was with the two hotel taxi drivers, one of whom picked me up at the airport and the other who dropped me off. They are maniacs. One is an ex-matatu driver and behaves like it. "Ghetto Radio" on full blast, phone calls and even text messages while careering along at high speed and telling you about his "record time" from airport to hotel, while rudely cutting up every other driver. He behaved very dangerously and shouldn't be allowed to keep his licence, let alone transport guests.
In summary, I think the hotel would do better by knocking some rooms together, taking lower occupancy and going "high-end". Right now the size of the place simply can't cope with the number of people they are trying to cram in and serve. And get rid of the dodgy drivers!
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Gardens - Kenya Hotel
- Comfort Gardens - Kenya Hotel Nairobi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Gardens is a quiet guest house located 8 kms away from the hustle and bustle of Nairobi city. It’s located in one of the safest neighborhood in the city, next to the UNON Compound, a host of embassies and NGOs as well as the Village Market. The Gardens is ideal for a business traveler, especially those conducting business around Gigiri. The tourist will find the Guest House ideal as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, EasyToBook and Venere so you can book your Comfort Gardens Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.