We stayed only one night at this small hotel while in transit from Ethiopia to the Masai Mara for a safari. The hotel is reasonably priced for Nairobi which is not a cheap city. The location was great in that it was located outside of the traffic-clogged downtown area. It is walking distance to the US Embassy if that is something you need - but more importantly, it's located very close to the Village Market shopping area - a cool outdoor shopping area with great shops and restaurants. Oh, and there's a movie theater there as well.
The room was quite basic but nice enough. There is mosquito netting but no window screens. We did get some bites...TV didn't really work well but that wasn't really important to us. The bathrooms are very basic. Though not immaculate, it was clean enough for our purposes. Though the property has a nice pool area, we didn't swim but we did read by the pool in what is a very nice oasis in the busy and somewhat dusty city. The morning breakfast was very nice - if you don't have to leave prior to 6:30-6:45am. We did. Our safari company recommended this hotel but the breakfast wasn't going to be ready in time...so they prepared us sandwiches the night before.
The big negative was the customer service. Only the manager seemed to know anything or be able to do anything. When we arrived, we wanted to make change so we could tip our driver. The front desk staff claimed not to have any change. The manager solved the problem for us. This was a surprise trip for me (from Ethiopia) so I didn't have the correct electrical adapter. The front desk told me that "most guests just go buy one" and that she couldn't help me. We called the manager and he appeared with an adapter." The other issue that is was an enduring frustration is that they provide one bottle of drinking water per day per guest...and claim to have no other source of clean water other than for purchase.
So, it wasn't ideal and it wasn't the best place we've stayed in Kenya but did suit our needs.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Gardens - Kenya Hotel Nairobi
- Comfort Gardens - Kenya Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Gardens is a quiet guest house located 8 kms away from the hustle and bustle of Nairobi city. It’s located in one of the safest neighborhood in the city, next to the UNON Compound, a host of embassies and NGOs as well as the Village Market. The Gardens is ideal for a business traveler, especially those conducting business around Gigiri. The tourist will find the Guest House ideal as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Gardens Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.