“If staying here request the new wing.” 3 of 5 stars

Comfort Gardens Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   UN Cresent Road plot no 34, Nairobi 00621, Kenya   |
Ranked #43 of 154 Nairobi B&B and Inns
London
“If staying here request the new wing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed here on business in April 2013 and to be honest as much as Liked the place I hated it to.

Good points:
friendly people/staff
swimming and a relaxing atmosphere
24 hours coffee/tea

Bad points:
Break fast continental not too great
No kettle in the room
No Air con in the room
Hot/Cold water a struggle
Menu for veterinarians NIL.

+point Village Market is a two minute walk and a great location for food.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Comfort G, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
To our esteemed guest,
Hope you are fairing on well.It is nice hearing from you and thank you for taking your time and share your thoughts.We will continue doing what we do best and improve to our level best on our weak areas so as when you come back next time you feel our improvement and hope you will feel the comfort.Thank you for pointing out what needs to be installed and improved in the rooms.
Have a nice one

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bogota, Colombia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

It's amazing how a nice and relatively comfortable stay can turn have a nasty turn in just a minute by one of the staff at the reception... The house is quite nice, the breakfasts are good, but the room we got had very poor ventilation and no light AT ALL, so wasnt really a place for a nice sleep or rest. Besides, the cleaning is also very mediocre and they even didnt locked the door after cleaning, when I came it as unlocked! you need to turn on the water heater several hours in advance just to see that only 1 person is lucky enough to get the warm water. Staff is all the time very confused, is very disorganized but the worst part... they completely misinformed us on the rates, the last day they were clearly trying to get advantage and one of the guys was very rude implying that I was aiming at 'not paying' the bill ... he even grabbed my arm violently! so NO, DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: Find another place to go
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed here for over a week. There is a very pleasant atmosphere and excellents service. As a guest you feel at home here. Staff takes care of you with an eye for detail. I can certainly recommend the place for people working for the UN or just outside Nairobi. Will for sure return!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

No other name could be more fitting than what it is popularly known, “Comfort Gardens”.

Comfort Gardens is a Guest House/B&B in Gigiri in Nairobi, Kenya which is quite literally a garden of lovely flowers, varieties of plants and trees, birds of different kinds, complete with ponds, small waterfalls, and a swimming pool. It is also a garden of friendship and camaderie particularly coming from its graciously accommodating staff offering every guest a great feeling of comfort (as I experienced, observed and heard guests saying). I have come to know Patrick, Eric, Alex, Maggie, Mercy, Josephine, David, Assige (the Chef), Eggrey (the Janitor) and even the drivers, cleaners and guards. The owner is known to be Charles. And they call me Henry. Services are as personalized as the way they call you.

Aside from its lush garden, what initially impressed me was the high standard of sanitation and cleanliness in the room and in the surroundings. Upon check in, I was warmly requested by Rose, it’s cordial Manager, to wait awhile as the cleaners were disinfecting my room and doing a general cleaning. I was like. “Wow!”. My room was spacious with fresh white bed sheets and two more layers of blankets for the cold nights. The shower room was spotless with fresh towels changed every two days. Not bad. There were two small pieces of soap but where is the shampoo??? Good I brought my own. My first night and the rest of my sleeps were restful and quiet. I wake up in the mornings with a cacophony of birds singing their early melodies.

Breakfast everyday was particularly satisfying with a variety of international and African chows to choose from. Eggs are freshly cooked and bread are toasted to your liking as you wait. I love the cooked African bananas, tubers and other African delicacies served differently every day. The loud voices of Rose and Maggie as they converse could be a bit annoying as they compete with the chirping of the birds and as you quietly take your breakfast in front of the greens. But that too is part and parcel of a “homey scenario”, isn’t it?

The living room has a huge landscape painting of Mt. Kilimanjaro with a big screen TV open 24/7. Slouch or curl up in the soft sofa and nobody would stop you. A mini bar is available by the pool for those who love to unwind in the evening with a local beer or mixed drinks while watching the news, music video or a movie in a big projection screen. On weekends, the tables in the gazebos are occupied by guests, many of whom are UN consultants, expats and embassy officers with their laptop computers and coffee cups. I like gazing at the pool thinking while I type my reports away.

Comfort Gardens is closely adjacent to the Village Market and a comfortable distance from the UN Compound (UNON). A hotel car takes me to the UN, where I work with UNICEF Kenya Country Office for a short term consultancy, for free every morning. The way back to the Gardens is a nice lazy walk in the cool afternoon. Lunch and dinner are prepared by a trained chef, Mr. Assige, who can satisfy any foreign culinary taste.

I am checking out tomorrow for an official safari in two counties (safari generically means “travel” and not the holiday trip one might think). I will definitely look forward to coming back on Friday after 5 days of tiring “safari” for a nice hot shower, a good night sleep and a glorious breakfast. All these comforts, home atmosphere, and all sorts of amenities one finds in a hotel cost me a reasonable amount based on Nairobi standards.

Room Tip: The room I had by the end of the car park was quiet. Not sure about the other rooms though.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed at Comfort Gardens with a large group of work colleagues while we were attending a meeting at the United Nations nearby. Everyone at the hotel was very pleasant and helpful. My room was spacious and clean. The internet connection was a little intermittent there but I could easily go to the lobby and pick up a stronger signal. There was a good selection at the breakfast buffet, including eggs made to order. I would have enjoyed some freshly brewed coffee (especially in Kenya, a country known for its coffee!), but the instant style they offered was also the norm in many of the other establishments I visited in Kenya. There is a pool that I would really have liked to take a dip in, had I not been so busy with work, and some comfy areas around it where you can sit and have a drink and talk with friends. There is nice landscaping, and I enjoyed watching some pretty birds visit flowers in the morning while eating my breakfast outside. I once ate there for dinner and the spaghetti dish I had was quite tasty. The location is a very short walk to the Village Market, and a bit of a longer one (but still only about 15-20 minutes) to the United Nations. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Unfortunately there is a car park next door to the hotel, and on two of the nights I was there a car...
Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was with a group of more than 15 people who stayed at Comfort Gardens. We attended a weeklong conference at the United Nations. My stay at Comfort Gardens was flawless.

The service, was enough reason for me to stay at Comfort Gardens. Never had any bad experience with any of the staff, from Eric the Supervisor to all of the reception and kitchen staff - they were all great to be with. Had also a chance encounter with the Manager Charles when he overheard me and another guest talking about the noise coming from the road. He politely inquired about the problem but I had to assure him that once I closed the windows the noise was totally manageable. I totally appreciated that kind of effort. The staff were also helpful when we were trying to figure out our safari and other things that we can do as tourist in and around Nairobi.

The food was also great! Can't complain about the food!

The location was a big plus as well. Although I must admit that the feeling of security was more because the hotel was situated in Gigiri where most of the embassies are and very near the United Nations office.

All rooms have wifi connection, although some of my colleagues said theirs were slower, the door in my toilet room had some problems but these are very minor problems.

All in all, even if I would just be a regular tourist in Nairobi I would stil prefer to stay at Comfort Gardens. I also forgot to mention that they have an excellent taxi service with Francis and the other guys there. What more can I ask for. Comfort Gardens is highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mathu K, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you very much for the positive review, kind words and generous commendation of Comfort Gardens. We were delighted to host and serve you along with every other participant to the conference.
We have several access points to Wi-Fi connectivity and guests are requiredto connect to the strongest network at their particular points, changing appropriately if they should significantly change positions. Failure to do so results in slower speeds and that explains the experience by some colleagues.
We are glad you liked your stay at Comfort Gardens and will be delighted to host you every other time. Thank you
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I booked our visit -- for 15 of us -- from the U.S., and had a fantastically helpful, welcoming and organized email correspondence with Comfort Gardens leading up to our arrival. When I needed to make adjustments, the hotel readily helped me make the changes. They booked our dinner for us in a nearby restaurant when I emailed about that, and when we arrived, generally made us feel at home. On another night, the chef let us order dinner even though the kitchen was officially closed. The breakfast was delicious (omelets to order!), rooms very comfortable, and the kids in our group loved the pool. It was nice walking a few steps down the road to the lovely mall. We loved Comfort Gardens.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms seemed nicest.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mathu K, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Our most memorable moments in August were those during which your group stayed with us; we are grateful you chose to stay at Comfort Gardens. Thank you for grabbing an opportunity to review our facility, and for telling of the great experience you had through your stays!
It was our delight to assist you in every single thing we could and will gladly do much more again to you, any and every other guest.
Thank you very much for choosing Comfort Gardens, and thank you for loving it! Best regards

Been to Comfort Gardens Guest House? Share your experiences!