“A very nice stay at Comfort Gardens” 4 of 5 stars

Comfort Gardens Guest House
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   UN Cresent Road plot no 34, Nairobi 00621, Kenya   |
Ranked #49 of 162 Nairobi B&B and Inns
San Francisco, CA
“A very nice stay at Comfort Gardens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed at Comfort Gardens with a large group of work colleagues while we were attending a meeting at the United Nations nearby. Everyone at the hotel was very pleasant and helpful. My room was spacious and clean. The internet connection was a little intermittent there but I could easily go to the lobby and pick up a stronger signal. There was a good selection at the breakfast buffet, including eggs made to order. I would have enjoyed some freshly brewed coffee (especially in Kenya, a country known for its coffee!), but the instant style they offered was also the norm in many of the other establishments I visited in Kenya. There is a pool that I would really have liked to take a dip in, had I not been so busy with work, and some comfy areas around it where you can sit and have a drink and talk with friends. There is nice landscaping, and I enjoyed watching some pretty birds visit flowers in the morning while eating my breakfast outside. I once ate there for dinner and the spaghetti dish I had was quite tasty. The location is a very short walk to the Village Market, and a bit of a longer one (but still only about 15-20 minutes) to the United Nations. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Unfortunately there is a car park next door to the hotel, and on two of the nights I was there a car...
Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was with a group of more than 15 people who stayed at Comfort Gardens. We attended a weeklong conference at the United Nations. My stay at Comfort Gardens was flawless.

The service, was enough reason for me to stay at Comfort Gardens. Never had any bad experience with any of the staff, from Eric the Supervisor to all of the reception and kitchen staff - they were all great to be with. Had also a chance encounter with the Manager Charles when he overheard me and another guest talking about the noise coming from the road. He politely inquired about the problem but I had to assure him that once I closed the windows the noise was totally manageable. I totally appreciated that kind of effort. The staff were also helpful when we were trying to figure out our safari and other things that we can do as tourist in and around Nairobi.

The food was also great! Can't complain about the food!

The location was a big plus as well. Although I must admit that the feeling of security was more because the hotel was situated in Gigiri where most of the embassies are and very near the United Nations office.

All rooms have wifi connection, although some of my colleagues said theirs were slower, the door in my toilet room had some problems but these are very minor problems.

All in all, even if I would just be a regular tourist in Nairobi I would stil prefer to stay at Comfort Gardens. I also forgot to mention that they have an excellent taxi service with Francis and the other guys there. What more can I ask for. Comfort Gardens is highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mathu K, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank you very much for the positive review, kind words and generous commendation of Comfort Gardens. We were delighted to host and serve you along with every other participant to the conference.
We have several access points to Wi-Fi connectivity and guests are requiredto connect to the strongest network at their particular points, changing appropriately if they should significantly change positions. Failure to do so results in slower speeds and that explains the experience by some colleagues.
We are glad you liked your stay at Comfort Gardens and will be delighted to host you every other time. Thank you
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I booked our visit -- for 15 of us -- from the U.S., and had a fantastically helpful, welcoming and organized email correspondence with Comfort Gardens leading up to our arrival. When I needed to make adjustments, the hotel readily helped me make the changes. They booked our dinner for us in a nearby restaurant when I emailed about that, and when we arrived, generally made us feel at home. On another night, the chef let us order dinner even though the kitchen was officially closed. The breakfast was delicious (omelets to order!), rooms very comfortable, and the kids in our group loved the pool. It was nice walking a few steps down the road to the lovely mall. We loved Comfort Gardens.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms seemed nicest.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mathu K, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Our most memorable moments in August were those during which your group stayed with us; we are grateful you chose to stay at Comfort Gardens. Thank you for grabbing an opportunity to review our facility, and for telling of the great experience you had through your stays!
It was our delight to assist you in every single thing we could and will gladly do much more again to you, any and every other guest.
Thank you very much for choosing Comfort Gardens, and thank you for loving it! Best regards
Gudhjem, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Comfort Gardens provides all the required hotel facilities - well-functioning wireless intenet, clean room, sheets towels, good bed, ok desk, well-functioning bathroom, safe, sufficient hangers in the wardrobe, nice garden, pool and bar area - while maintaining a welcoming family atmosphere. Friendly staff accommodate extra wishes, if at all possible, such as early breakfast, storage of bike, etc. There is a restaurant, and the Village market with a host of restaurants, movie theatre and shopping possibilities is only 3 minutes walk away. Walking distance to the United Nations complex and the US embassy is about 10-12 minutes in a safe area. A fitness-center with a motion bike and a cross-traininger would be a great addition!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
DerKenyan, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
We are grateful that you not only chose Comfort Gardens for your accommodation during your mission in Nairobi, but also found some time to write this positive review about us. Thank you very much.
It was our pleasure to host you and be of assistance to you whenever we could.
We look forward to hosting you again, serving you a lot more and making your experience with us far much better.
Thank you again, best regards.
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was doing a 5 month volunteer job in Nairobi and this hotel was closest to my job. Everything about this place epitomizes comfort. The hotel should be called Hotel Heaven. The rooms were clean and spacious. The water was hot and plentiful. I felt very safe (as a single female) staying there. The staff, from the front desk to the waitstaff to the guards and gardeners, were professional and friendly and extremely helpful. As someone else had previously mentioned, the staff were more concerned with our comfort than in making a buck. I felt like part of their extended family. Nothing was too much of a bother for them. The atmosphere was extremely relaxing, even on those rare rainy days. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and they cheerfully put up with some of my foodie demands. I wouldn't stay anywhere else, even if it was free. All hotels should model themselves from Comfort Gardens.

Room Tip: Should ask for balcony if that's important to you. Or a refrigerator in your room if that's...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
DerKenyan, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words about our facility! We are honoured to have had the opportunity to serve you and appreciate your contribution to not only serving you but also improving our general service thorough your suggestions.
Thank you for commending our endeavour to providing the best we can. We will strive to keep up and get better.
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here two times in August on the recommendation of a friend. The hotel is near a nice shopping area called the Village Market and in a very safe part of Nairobi. The staff are friendly, the rooms are large and clean, and there is a pool and decent restaurant on the grounds. The hotel staff arranged a tour of the city for me for a reasonable price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
DerKenyan, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you very much for the positive review and the warm compliments about our facility. We are glad you found cleanliness, friendliness and decency in the Guest House.
That you found time and made effort to post this review elicits much gratitude from us and encourages us to pursue excellence all the more!
We wish you the very best.
Bergen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here for a week (R&R). We felt we got our money's worth plus more. We felt the staff were more focused on being friendly and helpful, and not on making an extra buck off us (as is the case some places).
Every morning there was a warm breakfast buffet. Sometimes we arrived after the main breakfast rush, and they'd run out of eg sausages or the scrambled eggs. However this was ok, because they offered to make up whatever we wanted, and brought this to our table quite quickly.

We walked to the Village Market (mall) and back and felt safe doing so even in the evening. It is only a 2-minute walk and there are guards around. This makes the location very convenient.

We were very impressed by how responsible and trustworthy the staff were. After checking out, we realised we had left a converter plug in the electricity outletin the room. The reception staff promised to track it down and asked us to leave our contact details. We were rushing to the airport and did not expect anything would comeof this. However, true to their word, they emailed us a few days later and said they'd found the plug, and would keep it for us until we could pick it up. And sure enough, when we were back in Nairobi, we picked it up. This for us was reason enough to come back and stay again.

Room Tip: It seems some reooms are equipped for self-catering, and others not. It's probably worht asking...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Gardens Guest House? Share your experiences!