“Left hungry” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Left hungry”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My family and I went for dinner there and we ordered pizza and meat lasagna's. The food is ok but when we're were done, we were all still hungry. This is the first Italian restaurant in Nairobi I have had lasagna and left hungry. Normally portions elsewhere are huge and because it's pasta is usually very filling! Perhaps they have reduced thier portions to make more money? Not sure all I know is that we left hungry and had to look for something else to eat when we got home. I had also been there on a previous occasion to meet a friend for lunch and the owner and waiters totally ignored me! Service to black women dining alone in that restaurant is pathetic!!!!!!!! I would not recommend this restaurant and after my family and I left hungry, I don't think we shall be going back again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Cozy gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Well located, with a great ambience. Cozy gem that is underrated in the Nairobi dining scene. Great selection on the menu. Good service. It's a bit of a tight squeeze on a good day.

Visited February 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
“Great value, homemade pasta!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I really like this place and think it has the best value Italian food in Nairobi. I think La Dolce Vita has the best Italian food in Nairobi, but this is cheaper and more conveniently located if you're not staying/living in Gigiri/Runda.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi
“Excellent food and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Its the one place i will have a great meal with friends and clients alike.Its tucked away in Valley Arcade and the quality of the food is superb. I highly recommend it. Honestly, i am always at this restaurant :)

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Average Fair”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Tucked behind Valley Arcade you need to let the askari know where you are going before he will let you in. Ordered two pizzas for a quick business lunch. On my vegetarian the artichokes were still cold which was disappointing.

The decor and outside seating are nice.

Service was okay but we had to ask for drinks more than once.

Maybe it was an off day, but there are better places for pizza around.

• Visited April 2013