“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Osoita Lodge

Save Saved
You added Osoita Lodge to your Saves list
Osoita Lodge
Nazarene University Road, behind Nairobi National Park off Magadi Road | Ongata Rongai, Nairobi, Kenya   |
Ranked #21 of 96 Specialty Lodging in Nairobi
Nairobi
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I spent Christmas day in this lodge with my family. We had 2 lovely rooms, one being a cottage. Both were comfortable but the cottage seemed quite bare. The shower curtain was dirty too.
The restaurant was very busy at the time; it's the 1st restaurant ive heard telling a guest they cant prepare 'black' tea since they are too busy. The staff were so busy, you'd have to wait for ages to be seated & they didnt have time to clean up the tables/floor either.
The only reason i'm giving it a "very good " review instead of average is due to the service we received from the wait staff & especially the lady in charge. Food was lovely, definitely no complaints whatsover in that area. The pool was also lovely.
I'd still recommend this lodge; we still had a grand time especially during such a busy season.

Room Tip: Expect some traffic noise if you choose the cottages
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
habibmansur, Manager at Osoita Lodge, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for your review. We appreciate and take our customer's feedback very seriously. First of all, we sincerely apologize about the curtain. We hope our staff was able to replace it with a clean one.
We have since increased the number of our waiting staff on a permanent basis to accommodate our growing clientele. We hope you will consider Osoita Lodge again for your next vacation.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kent, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had a one night mid-week stay and I wish I could stay for a week! On arrival I was greeted with fresh fruit juice and Martin the waiter was smart, polite and had excellent customer service skills. I checked into my single room, I had a hot shower-the best thing in the world after a month long camping safari!! The hotel has free wifi, which is super fast and I could Skype without any loss of connection! I could even get signal in my room. I upgraded from b&b to full board and the food was delicious with a great choice on the menu! The bed was extremely comfortable, I slept like a baby. There is a little noise from the nearby road but it didn't disturb me. I had the pool to myself for the whole day too. It's such a perfect retreat! The hotel booked me a taxi for the airport run in the evening an were extremely accommodating for my late check out request. I would come back in a heartbeat, no hesitation!

• Stayed August 2013
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

A beautiful, cosy place near Nairobi, close to some of the most recommended tourist sites.
Great service with very helpful staff, super-tasty food and a well-stocked bar.
Beautiful pool. The place is perfect for a weekend get-away or for the first few nights before a safari.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
dorset
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our family stayed here for 2 nights in July having booked at the last minute as a stopover on our way to Mombasa, we were so glad we chose this hotel. It was a great place to stay at a very reasonable price for Nairobi. The hotel is much nicer than your typical city hotel and it is located very near Nairobi National park and the attractions near there e.g. Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage and the Giraffe centre. The restaurant is a beautiful huge thatched building and the rooms are built around it and there is a small swimming pool. The rooms are simply furnished but have mossie nets and a bathroom. The owners son was our driver for the day and he took us to see see the sights. He was very reasonably priced and a good source of knowledge. We ate at the restaurant in the evening, it is an Indian menu and the food was delicious. The staff are all very friendly and Charles our waiter was lovely. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a typically Kenyan experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

The restaurant is very nicely designed. The food is Kenyan indian, with nice curries and nyama choma (roast goat). Prices are very fair for the quality.

There is also a small hotel with a plunge pool. The rooms are basic and clean, and fairly priced by Nairobi standards. Traffic jams to both Nairobi airports can be bad however.
Access to Nairobi National Park is however only a few minutes.

The staff is extremely helpful, and will make your stay really pleasant, whether it is for a meal or for overnight stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Osoita Lodge is just before Rongai town ( the same road that takes you to Rolf's, Nazarene University & Masai Lodge, which has since been tarmacked :-)) It will be on your left where the road takes a slight dip.

The food is great and they are famous for their "Koroga" They provided the raw ingredients (chicken, fish or mutton, plus the spices and stuff) and you do your own cooking (You will need to call them a day earlier if you are going with this option.

They have bandas that can sit about 8-10 people comfortably in their very serene gardens, time just flew !

When we went they were redoing their rooms and had no live in guests, but gave us a tour anyway. The rooms by the pool were much better. Though in my opinion a wee bit over priced (They are asking for about Kes 5,000 - 7,000 PP,) They offer discounted rates for groups. You can call and discuss.

They have a swimming pool, well, more of a dipping pool as there is a huge sign saying "No Diving' :-) From its location, i think its only for residents.

Room Tip: I liked room number 1 :-) Take a look at the pictures
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Osoita Lodge? Share your experiences!