“Good Communications” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Go Kenya Tours and Safaris Day Trips

Go Kenya Tours and Safaris Day Trips
P.O.Box 18066, Nairobi 00100, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)
+254 723 321 938
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 104 activities in Nairobi
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Go kenya tours and safaris organizes Day safaris both group and Private tours to Masai mara,amboseli,Lake Nakuru,Lake Naivasha,Tsavo East Tsavo west,Shimba Hills,Samburu,Aberdares,Mt Kenya,Mount Kilimanjaro,Kisumu,Kakamega and Many more.They do both Lodge safaris and camping safaris.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Shenzhen, China
11 attraction reviews
“Good Communications”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I can't compare the service offered by GoKenya with any other company, but we felt overall that it was close to perfect. I chose GoKenya because, when I contacted several potentials, Robert was the only person who answered the questions I asked.

Our driver/guide, Mike, understood what we wanted and delivered it - what more needs to be said? We had two safaris - Amboseli/Tsavo West/Tsavo East and Maasai Mara - I can recommend both.

Israel
6 attraction reviews
“Great experience with some room for improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

With so many excellent reviews on Go Kenya Safaris, I will not re-iterate what's been written below. The driver was indeed a pro, schedule was kept, and we saw many highlights in 7 days. Here are a few things you may want to be aware of though:

- We were on a family safari, and a couple of days into the trip realized that the schedule was a bit too ambitious. 7 hours on the road (e.g. Aberdards to Samburu; Samburu to Nakuru; Nakuru to Masai Mara) was more than enough for my kids, and they didn't want to hear about a game drive after so many hours in the van. Also, to get to the next venue in time for lunch, we had to leave at 7 am on those days of long drives (after packing, checking out and breakfast). There was so much time pressure we couldn't even think of stopping somewhere along the road other than for a very quick comfort break.
My advice to you: After receiving your proposed itinerary, ask about driving times between destinations. By the way, Google maps will not help you with that.

- Our driver/guide didn't provide us with information up front; so for example we learned about early morning departure only in the evening of the previous day. My advice is to find a few minutes in the beginning of the safari to better understand the plan: times, quality of roads etc.

- Our driver was not very friendly to start with; it took him a few days to open up to us and then we discovered how charming he was. Make an effort to get closer in the beginning.

Visited September 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Trip to Kenya”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I recently had a five day trip to Kenya with my family, which was an unforgettable experience. Robert was very prompt in his reply to e-mails and very helpful in arranging this trip. I had lots of queries and concerns prior to my visit, which was answered by Robert in a very professional way. The main hero of the safari was our guide (Nguta). He is very good in spotting animals as well as knowledgable about different animals/birds. With his help we were able to see Big Five (Rhino, Wild Buffalo, Elephant, Lion and Leopard).

I would highly reccomend Robert and Nguta for those who are planning for Kenya Safari

Visited October 2013
“Experience of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I travelled to Nairobi in August for a volunteer medical mission. Knowing the days would be long and intense, I decided to fly to Africa about week earlier than the group so I could recover a bit from jet leg and the 30+ hour trip. Having never been to Africa and not knowing if I'd ever have an opportunity to go back, I booked a 3 day safari with Go Kenya based on the reviews I read on Trip Advisor. Robert contacted me via email within a day. I was nervous to travel so far away, being completely unfamiliar with the country, the people, the culture and without the comfort of my cell phone ;) I was able to call Robert when I got into Nairobi to finalize plans. He assured me my guide Mike would pick me up at my hotel after breakfast. What I didn't realize was that I was about to embark on a completely private tour of the majestic Masai Mara for three days. Mike was amazing. I sat up front with him in the safari vehicle and we talked and talked and talked for three days. He went out of his way to make sure it was the best experience, and it was. I learned so much about the beautiful wildlife and more. He was so knowledgeable, passionate and proud of beautiful Kenya and it was an adventure that absolutely exceeded my expectations. I recommend this fabulous touring company without hesitation and can't wait to return with my husband for the 8 day trip! Worth every penny!!!

Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Fantastic safari experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I recently went on a 5 day 4 night safari with my brother arranged by Go Kenya. I would highly recommend this company. Robert Katithi did an amazing job at providing suggestions and making the arrangements according to all my requests which included making sure that we got the rooms I asked for, a gold certified guide and great safari vehicle. I also want to highly commend Pascal M our driver/guide. He definitely deserves his "Gold" certification, great driver, very knowledgable about the animals and the parks we visited. He made sure that we were happy with all the accommodations, food and everything along the way, wonderful person. We went to Amboseli, Lake Nakuru, and the Masai Mara. Go Kenya and Pascal are a great reflection of Kenya and made our experience unforgettable. There was one small problem with the room at the Mara location but Robert solved it right away. Excellent experience.