“Well worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amani ya Juu

Amani ya Juu
On Ring Road in Riverside, near Prime Bank, Nairobi 00800, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)
254 20 4449071
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 25 Shopping in Nairobi
Chicago, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

The products at Amani are all great - beautiful prints, good quality workmanship, and designs that are perfect for gifts for those back home because they are beautiful and say 'africa' but also translate well to the fit and complement the american/european style. The prices are also incredibly reasonable considering the quality - you could probably bargain for a bit cheaper in the markets for something similar, but I find these items last much longer and are much better made. You can purchase great clutch purses for as little as kes 670/-, I even found some for 320/- because they were previous seasons fabric and on sale! I'd suggest going during lunch time so you can also enjoy the amazing salads and muffins in the garden that seems like an escape from the bustle of construction around the garden cafe.

Visited July 2012

Montreal, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Relax in the middle of chaos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The salads are incredibly delicious! Portions are generous, so have a half one if you have an average appetite. Inexpensive, too! However, I found the products in the shop to be a little on the expensive side - not to say that I don't value the work that was put into it, but it made it so that it was just outside of my price range. I'd go back for the food and ambiance any day though! Except Sunday, of coursed, cause they're closed.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank CharlaineL
Annapolis, Maryland
173 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 192 helpful votes
“Lovely grounds...lovely women”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

The woman who work at Amani are all survivors. The handwork they do, the bags, the quilts, the clothing, all help support them and teach them an occupation. The cafe has the best mocha! The grounds are very pretty and the kids can enjoy running and playing on the playground equipment.

Visited March 2012
“It's a great place or food, shopping and playground for kids.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I go regularly to this place with my family. The kids absolutely love the playground (2yrs and 4yrs) and we love the food and the beautiful garden setting. They have a great gift shop as well with quality African items but they are not very cheap compared to Masai Markets which you can now find everywhere. They close very early (stop serving at 3.30pm) and rarely have eerything they offer on their menu which is a real shame coz I can't seem to find another place like this in Nairobi...

Marysville, Ohio
“A Wonderful Oasis in Nairobi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

I visited Amani ya Juu in early November and thoroughly enjoyed it! The grounds are beautiful and are a wonderful oasis amidst the bustle of Nairobi. I enjoyed a scrumptious lunch at the outdoor cafe, and the shopping was great. I was able to buy high-quality, well-made purses, jewelry, clothing and home goods as well as baby gifts. Better yet, I knew that in doing so, I was directly helping the women who had made these treasures. I would highly recommend a visit to Amani ya Juu for those living in or visiting Nairobi.