“Lovely grounds...lovely women” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amani ya Juu

Amani ya Juu
On Ring Road in Riverside, near Prime Bank | P.O. Box 14801, Nairobi 00800, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)
254 20 4449071
Annapolis, Maryland
104 attraction reviews
“Lovely grounds...lovely women”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

The woman who work at Amani are all survivors. The handwork they do, the bags, the quilts, the clothing, all help support them and teach them an occupation. The cafe has the best mocha! The grounds are very pretty and the kids can enjoy running and playing on the playground equipment.

Visited March 2012

“It's a great place or food, shopping and playground for kids.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011 via mobile

I go regularly to this place with my family. The kids absolutely love the playground (2yrs and 4yrs) and we love the food and the beautiful garden setting. They have a great gift shop as well with quality African items but they are not very cheap compared to Masai Markets which you can now find everywhere. They close very early (stop serving at 3.30pm) and rarely have eerything they offer on their menu which is a real shame coz I can't seem to find another place like this in Nairobi...

Marysville, Ohio
“A Wonderful Oasis in Nairobi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

I visited Amani ya Juu in early November and thoroughly enjoyed it! The grounds are beautiful and are a wonderful oasis amidst the bustle of Nairobi. I enjoyed a scrumptious lunch at the outdoor cafe, and the shopping was great. I was able to buy high-quality, well-made purses, jewelry, clothing and home goods as well as baby gifts. Better yet, I knew that in doing so, I was directly helping the women who had made these treasures. I would highly recommend a visit to Amani ya Juu for those living in or visiting Nairobi.