“Convenient Westlands Location - adequate for a short stay” 3 of 5 stars

You added Progressive Park Hotel to your Saves list
Mwanzi Road | Westlands, Nairobi 00400, Kenya   |
Ranked #14 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
london
“Convenient Westlands Location - adequate for a short stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights in early May 2014. Convenient location in Westlands - opposite Nakumatt Ukay complex and the Oshwal Centre. Set well back from the main road, so fairly quiet. Accommodation was adequate, but could have been cleaned better - especially the bathroom. My room faced the gym so didnt have much of a view.

Breakfast was sufficient - all the basics provided and the dinner menu looked good too although didnt have a chance to try it out. Shalin is a great host and very helpful as are all the staff at reception - service with a smile.

Room Tip: A room in the new wing.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review about our hotel during your recent stay in Nairobi. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay especially our Location and Friendly Service. We are located in the heart of Westlands with the 24hour Nakumatt Ukay opposite and The Oval & Sarit Centre within walking distance.

Your comment regarding the cleanliness is noted with concern and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused as a result. I would like to assure you that we take Room Cleanliness very seriously - which has been commended in the past by several previous Trip Advisor reviews.

I am also pleased to inform you that all our Studio Rooms & Executive Studios have been recently installed with Rain Showers and Hair Driers.

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

This is a good budget hotel in a convenient location for the Westlands commercial and retail area. My room was spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet, meaning that my quality of sleep was excellent. There is complimentary access to the on-site gym which appeared to be well equipped, although I didn't try it out!

So why no score of 5? There were a couple of things that prevented me from giving this review a 5. Firstly the wash basin only had a cold water feed which seems a bit odd in this day and age. I boiled the kettle and used this for shaving but would have liked not to have had to. Secondly, the lighting in the room was not great with no light over the wash basin or desk and the switch for the room lights was next to the door, a long way from the bed! Finally, the choices at breakfast are much more limited than at other hotels and the restaurant doesn't offer any meat dishes for dinner.

Please do not be put off by the above negative comments as these were all minor issues and were far outweighed by the positives. I stayed for 3 nights on a business trip and I would definitely use this hotel again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Thank you for your thorough review about our hotel during your recent stay in Nairobi. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay and would recommend us to future visitors.

Your comments & feedback regarding the Wash Basin & Lighting have been well noted and passed on to the Management Team for further action.

Antananarivo, Madagascar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Excellent value for money, quiet and clean.
For the reasonable cost, ideal for long stays (in this case better the rooms in the old part of the hotel). Restaurant nothing special.
Staff ok.
Excellent for business, fewer for couples.
Better to book in advance.
WiFi ok

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review about our hotel during your recent stay in Nairobi. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our Clean & Peaceful environment.

As mentioned in your review we also have One & Two Bedroom Apartments which are more suited to the long staying guests.

As we are busy all year round we recommend guests to make their reservations in advance to avoid disappointment.

I would also like to take this opportunity to inform you that you may follow us on Twitter (@ProgressivePark) for access to latest developments & exclusive offers.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Progressive Park , Quiet and peaceful, Name it and they have it, Good Food, Gym , Good furnished rooms ,Ample parking , hospitality, Central Location - Near the biggest malls and the best restaurants.
It is perfect for Families in large numbers, occasions , business travellers . Spent my Easter holidays there and loved it.. Would stay there again...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review about our hotel during your recent stay in Nairobi. It is very pleasing to read that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay including our Rooms, Location & Gym.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My one week stay at PPH over Easter was a very pleasant experience, its excellent location, proximity to shopping malls, clean spacious rooms, well equipped gym, a good choice of food, friendly staff and excellent service made my stay enjoyable. I got value for money and will certainly make PPH my hotel of choice for all future visits to Nairobi.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for the great review about our hotel during your recent stay in Nairobi. It is very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your Easter Break with us.

Suva
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Hotel location is convenient if your activity concerns the UN or the EU. The facility itself is inside guarded premises where you can also find a fully equipped gym as well as a small restaurant (Indian dishes mostly).

Across the street (in front of the hotel gates) there is large shopping mall where you can buy almost anything that you may need when travelling in the region.

Do not expec t5 stars (even 4 stars...) comfort or sophistication but all the basic requirements are there. Rooms are spacious, quiet and clean. Staff is friendly.

This hotel is a good option for a short stay in Nairobi. The cost-quality balance is very interesting.

Room Tip: Always book in advance. A top (2nd) floor may be best. Make sure that you have learned how to operat...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for your review about our hotel during your recent stay in Nairobi. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in particular our Gym Facilities & Friendly Staff.

As mentioned in your review we are a 3.5 Star Hotel; the room rate and the facilities offered are based on good value for money and functionality for a business traveler. As many past reviews have pointed out our Location suits both the business & leisure traveler and is more importantly very secure. For the leisure traveler we are located within walking distance of the Ukay Centre, The Oval & the Sarit Centre. For the business traveler we are located in the heart of Westlands and a short distance away from the CBD, Upper Hill & Gigiri areas.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as I could not get bookings at the hotel where I usually stay and without having much expectations. But I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised when I entered the room. The rooms are very well furnished and I guess renovated with modern furniture with decent sized balconies. They have hood varieties of Indian TV channels and I'm sure any Indians will have good time in the evenings. The hotel also has a well equipped gym but not sure if the access is free as I never inquired for the same.
The breakfast spread is excellent and another reason for Indians to stay at this hotel is their restaurant. They offer a nice dinner buffet as decent price and the spread is very good.

Most importantly the location, the location of this hotel is pretty good offering easy access to malls like Westgate and Sarit Centre. This place is good for long stay and if your business is in Westlands or Parklands area. Please do not plan to stay here if your business is in CBD or upper hill area. The traffic conditions are bad in Nairobi and you may end lot of time in traveling to these areas.
I will certainly recommend this hotel for family and business travellers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for the great review about our hotel during your recent stay in Nairobi. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Our Studio Rooms & Executive Studios with AC have been recently built (Year - 2012); where as our One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Apartments were refurbished in the Year 2011.

I am pleased to inform you that our Gym & Sauna Rooms are complimentary to use for all Hotel Guests. In addition, the Gym Changing Rooms have very recently been renovated.

Progressive Park Hotel

Been to Progressive Park Hotel? Share your experiences!