“Bang for your buck” 4 of 5 stars

Mwanzi Road | Westlands, Nairobi 00400, Kenya   |
Ranked #15 of 105 Hotels in Nairobi
“Bang for your buck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This was an excellent choice for a HQ before my husband and I embarked on several hiking trips. The staff were very polite and professional, the place was clean plus the breakfast (included in the rate) was too good to pass. Use of the gym and wifi were complimentary. As it was located close to a mall, it made getting supplies convenient.

• Stayed August 2013
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for the great review about our hotel regarding your recent stay in Nairobi. It is extremely encouraging to receive such positive feedback.

Management
Progressive Park Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This was a 2 week stay for me and a few friends and I have to say we were a little dubious about the safety in and around Nairobi before getting there but it didn't seem as though there were any problems at all around this hotel - located on a quiet road near one of the best malls in Africa !

The rooms are massive and the service is top quality. Food is nice and spicy and has plenty of variety. (Breakfasts till 11am meant we were able to wake up late after a night out). Good Wi-fi and friendly staff - sorted us out with drivers efficiently. Also, showers are ridiculously powerful..

Best bit was the gym - international quality with every machine imaginable and some hench personal trainers ready to help out.

The only downer was the music in the lift going up to the 4th floor, which was painful to ears after a while !!

Otherwise, highly recommended !!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013

Management
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great Location. The rooms are nice, big, clean with lot of sunlight. The Staffs are friendly. The hotel is easy to locate. Restaurant is pure vegetarian. Bathrooms could have been cleaner. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your latest stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of a safari tour and it was a great spot. The hotel is clean, the rooms are spacious, the shower is hot, and breakfast is good. The wifi is okay, I sometimes had trouble connecting but that could be temporary/where my room was located. I stayed at another westlands hotel for double the price at the start of my tour and I wish I just stayed here instead. It was great value for the price.
Ps- There is a gym on site that looks great, I just wasn't feeling well enough to use it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your latest stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed yourself and appreciated the value for money that we offer.

Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you are looking for a simple bed & breakfast then this is the place for you.

Location: Bang opposite Nakumatt Ukay (open 24hrs) in Westlands and right next to West Gate Mall... You can't ask for more. Sarit Center is also just a 10-min walk.

Acco: Very clean & good, simple rooms.

Food: The Hotel has a small kitchen. Breakfast is OK but only vegetarian no Eggs also. Lunch is A La Carte but dinner is a veg buffet again. But since the hotel is at Westlands you have a lot of options around your hotel.

Staff: Good, friendly staff

Overall: Good

Room Tip: You can chose apartments if you want which are also available in the same hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your latest stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed yourself in particular our Rooms & friendliness of our Staff. As mentioned our Location is very convenient to both the Buisness & Leisure traveller.

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed there for 7 nights, the hotel is nice and clean, rooms are quite big, it serves buffet breakfast but do not expect spanish omellete there as what they serve is pure veggie but it's good. The hotel is located in a safe and lively area in the Westlands, just opposite Ukay Centre where you can find a number of nice restaurants including Hashmi Barbeque and also Nakumatt supermarket which remains open 24/7, Westgate mall is just three minutes walk from the hotel, there also you can find plenty of good restaurants. The restaurant at the hotel called Progressive Park Kitchen is nice but they only serve veggie dinner, but if you like non-veg still it won't be a problem as plenty of restaurants are nearby. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and I will select Progressive Park Hotel only next time I visit Nairobi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review and posting pictures from your latest stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed yourself

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Ok, taxi (cab) drivers do not know where this hotel is unless you say at "Bank of India".
The outside appearance is the one responsible for the hotel not getting five stars from me. Inside the rooms though, it is beautiful. I got a chance to stay in two different rooms and I was impressed. The beds are spacious and the TV is wide. There is a working area and as I was on a working transit trip, I got my work done in no time.
My complaints; The wifi coverage is not very good in some of the rooms. The TV has lots of Indian channels (did I mention Bank of India above) and nothing else, no sport no movie magic,....
The restuarant is strictly vegetarian, which though I do not have a complaint against, I believe it reduces their variety......and tjo, the food I got was spicey (did I mention India somewhere above).
There is a gym..... found it well equipped but it's location is rather bizarre..
The location is excellent. I got to go out to eat my meat.... I also watched movies and did some shopping at Westgate Mall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013

I have noted your comments regarding potential improvements which I shall share with the senior management team. We are already in the process of setting up a new Reception which shall definitely enhance the appearance of the Hotel.

I am pleased to inform you that our Lift has now been installed and is operational. Our Studio Rooms & Executive Studio Rooms are all accessible by the Lift.

Progressive Park Hotel

Been to Progressive Park Hotel? Share your experiences!