“Value For Money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
Bangalore, India
“Value For Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you are looking for a simple bed & breakfast then this is the place for you.

Location: Bang opposite Nakumatt Ukay (open 24hrs) in Westlands and right next to West Gate Mall... You can't ask for more. Sarit Center is also just a 10-min walk.

Acco: Very clean & good, simple rooms.

Food: The Hotel has a small kitchen. Breakfast is OK but only vegetarian no Eggs also. Lunch is A La Carte but dinner is a veg buffet again. But since the hotel is at Westlands you have a lot of options around your hotel.

Staff: Good, friendly staff

Overall: Good

Room Tip: You can chose apartments if you want which are also available in the same hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your latest stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed yourself in particular our Rooms & friendliness of our Staff. As mentioned our Location is very convenient to both the Buisness & Leisure traveller.

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed there for 7 nights, the hotel is nice and clean, rooms are quite big, it serves buffet breakfast but do not expect spanish omellete there as what they serve is pure veggie but it's good. The hotel is located in a safe and lively area in the Westlands, just opposite Ukay Centre where you can find a number of nice restaurants including Hashmi Barbeque and also Nakumatt supermarket which remains open 24/7, Westgate mall is just three minutes walk from the hotel, there also you can find plenty of good restaurants. The restaurant at the hotel called Progressive Park Kitchen is nice but they only serve veggie dinner, but if you like non-veg still it won't be a problem as plenty of restaurants are nearby. I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and I will select Progressive Park Hotel only next time I visit Nairobi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review and posting pictures from your latest stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed yourself

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Ok, taxi (cab) drivers do not know where this hotel is unless you say at "Bank of India".
The outside appearance is the one responsible for the hotel not getting five stars from me. Inside the rooms though, it is beautiful. I got a chance to stay in two different rooms and I was impressed. The beds are spacious and the TV is wide. There is a working area and as I was on a working transit trip, I got my work done in no time.
My complaints; The wifi coverage is not very good in some of the rooms. The TV has lots of Indian channels (did I mention Bank of India above) and nothing else, no sport no movie magic,....
The restuarant is strictly vegetarian, which though I do not have a complaint against, I believe it reduces their variety......and tjo, the food I got was spicey (did I mention India somewhere above).
There is a gym..... found it well equipped but it's location is rather bizarre..
The location is excellent. I got to go out to eat my meat.... I also watched movies and did some shopping at Westgate Mall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013

I have noted your comments regarding potential improvements which I shall share with the senior management team. We are already in the process of setting up a new Reception which shall definitely enhance the appearance of the Hotel.

I am pleased to inform you that our Lift has now been installed and is operational. Our Studio Rooms & Executive Studio Rooms are all accessible by the Lift.

Cairo,Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

it is a very good hotel at an amazing area ( westlands ) beside westgate mall , the stuff is amazing and very helpful i was in 2 bedrooms apartment it was nice and clean , any way i spend 6 days in a business trip these rental apartments are very good just two matters maybe is not perfect 1 - wifi coverage network some rooms & areas not covered . 2 - the breakfast is just for Indians ( Indian menu ) .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

I am also pleased to inform you that our Lift has now been installed and is operational. Our Studio Rooms & Executive Studio Rooms are all accessible by the Lift.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have stayed in the Progressive many times, and highly rate the hotel. Its location (close to Westgate), and cost ($100) make it a very good choice for Westlands.
I always stay in the 1-bed apartment, which has ample space, and good amienties. The only negative is the operation of the shower.
The hotel food caters to an Indian crowd, but with Westgate 200 yards from the hotel, there's no shortage of cafes and restaurants.
The boss (Shalin) and staff (Eva & Stella) always make you feel welcome.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your latest stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed yourself, in particular our Location & Room facilities.

I have noted with concern your comments regarding the operation of the shower and shall ensure immediate corrective action is taken to rectify this.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very well priced compared to all other hotels in Nairobi in the westlands area. The Rooms were good and so were the amenities and the room service was an added advantage for afternoon snacks. The free wifi was definitely appreciated and the ever helpful staff were a pleasure to meet.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for the great review about our hotel regarding your recent stay in Nairobi. It is extremely encouraging to receive such positive feedback.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have stayedat the Progressive Park Hotel many times and am very satisfied with what the Hotel provides. Rooms are kept clean and most have very good showers. In some rooms the wi-fi can be hit and miss, but staff always try and assist. Great location - just next to a big mall which has good restaurants, super market and cinema! If you go for an apartment style room you have basic cooking facilities and a very spacious room. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013

Progressive Park Hotel

Been to Progressive Park Hotel? Share your experiences!