“Progressive Hotel; Good, Clean and Beautiful” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE AIRPORT PICK UP
Ranked #17 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
“Progressive Hotel; Good, Clean and Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Ok, taxi (cab) drivers do not know where this hotel is unless you say at "Bank of India".
The outside appearance is the one responsible for the hotel not getting five stars from me. Inside the rooms though, it is beautiful. I got a chance to stay in two different rooms and I was impressed. The beds are spacious and the TV is wide. There is a working area and as I was on a working transit trip, I got my work done in no time.
My complaints; The wifi coverage is not very good in some of the rooms. The TV has lots of Indian channels (did I mention Bank of India above) and nothing else, no sport no movie magic,....
The restuarant is strictly vegetarian, which though I do not have a complaint against, I believe it reduces their variety......and tjo, the food I got was spicey (did I mention India somewhere above).
There is a gym..... found it well equipped but it's location is rather bizarre..
The location is excellent. I got to go out to eat my meat.... I also watched movies and did some shopping at Westgate Mall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review and posting pictures from your latest stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed yourself

I have noted your comments regarding potential improvements which I shall share with the senior management team. We are already in the process of setting up a new Reception which shall definitely enhance the appearance of the Hotel.

I am pleased to inform you that our Lift has now been installed and is operational. Our Studio Rooms & Executive Studio Rooms are all accessible by the Lift.

Manager
Progressive Park Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cairo,Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

it is a very good hotel at an amazing area ( westlands ) beside westgate mall , the stuff is amazing and very helpful i was in 2 bedrooms apartment it was nice and clean , any way i spend 6 days in a business trip these rental apartments are very good just two matters maybe is not perfect 1 - wifi coverage network some rooms & areas not covered . 2 - the breakfast is just for Indians ( Indian menu ) .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

I am also pleased to inform you that our Lift has now been installed and is operational. Our Studio Rooms & Executive Studio Rooms are all accessible by the Lift.

Manager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have stayed in the Progressive many times, and highly rate the hotel. Its location (close to Westgate), and cost ($100) make it a very good choice for Westlands.
I always stay in the 1-bed apartment, which has ample space, and good amienties. The only negative is the operation of the shower.
The hotel food caters to an Indian crowd, but with Westgate 200 yards from the hotel, there's no shortage of cafes and restaurants.
The boss (Shalin) and staff (Eva & Stella) always make you feel welcome.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your latest stay with us. I am glad to read that you enjoyed yourself, in particular our Location & Room facilities.

I have noted with concern your comments regarding the operation of the shower and shall ensure immediate corrective action is taken to rectify this.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very well priced compared to all other hotels in Nairobi in the westlands area. The Rooms were good and so were the amenities and the room service was an added advantage for afternoon snacks. The free wifi was definitely appreciated and the ever helpful staff were a pleasure to meet.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for the great review about our hotel regarding your recent stay in Nairobi. It is extremely encouraging to receive such positive feedback.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have stayedat the Progressive Park Hotel many times and am very satisfied with what the Hotel provides. Rooms are kept clean and most have very good showers. In some rooms the wi-fi can be hit and miss, but staff always try and assist. Great location - just next to a big mall which has good restaurants, super market and cinema! If you go for an apartment style room you have basic cooking facilities and a very spacious room. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013

Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for one night prior to leaving on a safari tour. The rooms are smart, clean, and include everything we needed – fridge, wi-fi, hot showers. Breakfast was standard and the staff were all very nice, attentive, but not overly so. Located a stone’s throw from the Nakumat Westgate shopping center and many other convenient markets for gathering supplies

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Held a conference for 12persons here. As I had booked 6guests to stay at the hotel we received a good discount on the conferencing (ksh1500 per person per day including lunch). This was more than half the price I was quoted in nearby hotels

Facilities are good and modern. Includes a projector/screen; wifi; writing pad and pens.

My guests also enjoyed their stay

• Stayed January 2013
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for the great review of our Conferencing Facilities. It is extremely encouraging to receive such positive feedback.

Progressive Park Hotel

Been to Progressive Park Hotel? Share your experiences!