“Friendly and homely” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 96 hotels in Nairobi
UK
“Friendly and homely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This is a very good hotel which offers a reasonable standard of accommodation. It has excellent local amenities including some very good restaurants nearby. Generally we had a very pleasant and homely stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your latest stay with us. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Management
Progressive Park Hotel

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Salmiyah, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Been here in year 2011.Awesome place to stay.Very homely environment.Close to Nakumart & Westlands mall.Few minute drive from main city area.Good location with beautiful view from hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ProgressiveParkHotel, Owner at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from you latest stay with us. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our location.

Melbourne, Australia
1,095 reviews 1,095 reviews
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Having stayed in the heart of Nairobi for a few nights, I was getting a bit run down and tired. With all the street noise, I had been having a hard time of sleeping. Then came a couple of blissful nights at the Progressive Park Hotel and all was solved.
Progressive Park is almost literally next door to the Westgate Shopping Centre in Westlands. It is back off the road a ways, and the area is very quiet at night. With the shopping centre nearby, the location is great. There are even some other centres and a heap of restaurants and bars to choose from as well, all within walking distance.
The hotel is accessed via a gate to a long driveway, and there is a guard on the gate so security is good.
My room was great – more of an apartment than a hotel room, with a separate lounge and kitchen, bathroom and bedroom. Heaps of space and all kept clean and comfortable. The rooms are not new, but in reasonable shape.
The hotel has free wifi, which was a good speed and reliable. My booking also included a free airport transfer which was very handy.
The only real negative was the hot water – or lack of it. The water heater on the wall didn’t really do much – I got luke warm water on one day and stone cold the next. But other than that, I cannot really fault Progressive Park Hotel.
Westlands is not too far from the centre of town – in off peak times I travelled between the two in around 20 minutes – peak times will take MUCH longer. Progressive Park was an excellent hotel, not too remote and nice and quiet. Recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
ProgressiveParkHotel, Owner at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review with some very nice photos. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us, in particular the hotel location, complimentary high speed WIFI and clean comfortable rooms.

I would like to sincerely apologize regarding the hot water situation you were faced with. The water heaters installed in every room are of very high quality (The unit is made in Malaysia and the heating element in the UK); I wish this problem would have been reported to the reception so that appropriate action could have been taken immediately.

I would like to once again apologize for the inconvenience caused and look forward to welcoming you back to the Progressive Park.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My last rating of this hotel was average, I have been back here a couple of times since and I have to say it gets better and better. The building work has been completed and there are now new rooms. There is a new spacious breakfast room and I understand a new restaurant opens soon. Still a great location, the price is good and excellent staff. Nice to see a place improving all the time!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review. It is a pleasure to read that our continuous improvements are being noticed and appreciated. I am sure that the team will be as happy as I am to hear that their service was appreciated, as well as our prime location. Our restaurant shall be open by 1st August 2012. We do hope to welcome you back to the Progressive Park again in the future.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Very Nice Hotel , clean , free wi fi , spacious rooms with tv and modern bathroom , good secuirty , if you need a driver with a car I can give the contact details reliable and honest just e-mail me on SapnaRprl@aol.com also Airport pick up .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you so much for taking some time and writing a nice review from your recent stay on Trip Advisor
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and all went well
I will share your comments with my team
Please let me know of any future visits to Nairobi and I be more than happy to help with any reservations
Wishing you all the best
Moshi, Tanzania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

A perfect setting next to the Westgate shopping mall, a mix of doubles, twin family rooms to suit various budgets. Breakfast is basic Indian style but adequate Rooms are very clean and most have a small kitchen attached hich is useful. A perfect place to stay if you need something central.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
, Owner at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from you latest stay with us.
I am very glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our location. Regarding the Breakfast, I am pleased to inform you that our New Breakfast Room with a larger variety of options is now open. I have uploaded a picture of the same.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days. The hotel services are really good in a nice location. Shopping mall, varieties of restaurants including muslim food, taxi stand, mosque : all are within short distance from the hotel. They have allowed me early check in with complimentary breakfast, which is absolutely beyond my expectations.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Owner at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you for your kind review which I took great pleasure in reading. I am delighted to learn that we exceeded the promise and delivered beyond your expectations. I’m sure that the team will be as happy as I am to hear that their service was appreciated, as well as our flexible check in policy. We do hope to welcome you back to the Progressive Park again in the future.

Shalin Thakrar

Been to Progressive Park Hotel? Share your experiences!