“Not at all like the reviews” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE AIRPORT PICKUP
Ranked #19 of 125 Hotels in Nairobi
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Not at all like the reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I recently stayed at the PP, based largely on the reviews I read on here. Given the quality of (very expensive) hotels in Nairobi, No 4 for business looked good and at $90, it seemed a steal. It was, but not for me, for the hotel, it’s not good. The location is excellent and the bed was comfy. There is no a/c which must be a problem when it's hotter, though when I was there it was fine.

The breakfast is Indian with no proper western offering. The cereal dispenser contained corn flakes, bran flakes and (a first for me) Bombay mix! The free wi-fi had two working speeds, very slow or not at all. Apparently it wasn’t usually like that, so I must have been unlucky for all three days, the internet never loaded properly

There was no hot water for washing or shaving and no sink plugs anyway and the instantaneous electric shower involved turning on two different water taps and an electric switch for the pump. It was no power shower either.

I’m not at all precious about where I stay, this is Africa, but after a good experience on my last visit a month ago at the Pride Inn, Westlands for $90 (inc a/c and proper breakfast), I was expecting something similar. I’d say a fair price for what I got would be about $60 maximum. Overpriced at $90 and even more so if you pay the rack rate of $120. As for $240 for a 2 bedroom apartment, wow!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
ProgressiveParkHotel, Manager at Progressive Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review from your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for not having been able to meet your expectations. We have rectified all the shortcomings mentioned in your review. All of our rooms now have a Power shower and our Vegetarian Breakfast has been introduced with many continental options. The Fibre Optic Internet connection to which we are connected minimises downtime and ensures fast browsing speeds are achieved.

It is the high demand for rooms that has led us to expand our capacity from 24 rooms to 60 rooms over the past 2years. We now have a New Wing with Standard Studios & Executive Studios (with AC) which are accessible by Lift. We also have a New Reception & Restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Progressive Park

Management
Progressive Park Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

I was in nairobi over april and enjoyed my stay here. The hotel is good value given the location, spacious rooms and convenience.
With nairobi traffic as bad as it is, this hotel's location is even more important. I would have gone crazy if I had to cab it for meals in nairobi traffic, but instead I can cross the road to nakumatt or walk two blocks down to westgate and there's groceries, meals, coffee, entertainment and everything. Even better, the staff suggested to my driver this back route to Gigiri area (where I had to commute while in nbo) where we avoided the rush (Peponi road I think).
The hotel has the usual amenities, such as the gym. I remember once in the evening the music at the gym was loud and I had to call the receptionist - they turned it down then so it was fine.
All in all really good value. rooms are comfy and clean and the location is gr8.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

The location was great, It was walking distance to Westfield's where you can get anything you need!
The staff were friendly, and welcoming.
Room was very tidy!
Only thing maybe could be improved is the breakfast menu.

Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

I was visiting Kenya for business, stayed here as recommend by a friend. The room was spacious, clean and had everything I needed.

It's close to all amenities and the staff were very friendly and accommodating

Hotels in Kenya are either a bit dated or over priced, this wad neither and had the perfect balance for business travel

Will be back again soon

Mills, Oxford, uk

• Stayed February 2011
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2011

I stayed here for a few days and would definitely recommend this hotel. It was safe, clean and a very convenient location. On top of this, there was a gym available for use as well as an excellent restaurant on the premises.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I stayed at Progressive Park for a week and was very amazed by the hospitality and the service! We were made to feel very welcome.

The rooms were very spacious, very clean and the bed was comfy!

The location was fantastic! It was walking distance to Westgate Mall, and Nakumatt which was very handy! The view was great too, you felt like you were in the middle of the city, and actually part of it!

Thoroughly enjoyed the stay and would definitely recommend it to people! I am definitely coming back!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

The hotel was really nice, the staff were all friendly. There was really good access to nice restaurants and cinemas. It was great to be able to use the gym and keep up with fitness levels even though we were on holiday and the equipment there was great.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Progressive Park Hotel? Share your experiences!