“great food and value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Open House Restaurant

Open House Restaurant
Ring Road Parklands, Opp The Mall | Centro House, Westlands, Nairobi 00800, Kenya
+254 727 726345
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 315 restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: At Open House Restaurants, we believe that Fine Indian Cuisine comes from a delicate balance of succulent food, authentic ambiance and personalised service. So when you walk into our doors, be ready to experience a connucopia of indian flavours, whilst being transported into our traditionally set surroundings. Feel free to enquire about your taste preference or take suggestion from our experienced staff. Enjoy!
Nairobi, Kenya
“great food and value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I love open house... their food is quite authentic. food is filled with flavour. it has value for money.

Visited December 2012

92% Recommend
“Flatlining Open House”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was really looking forward to dining at the Open House, having heard great reviews from friends and family. The service was prompt, our waiter was friendly and obliging. The food was ready pretty fast. However, the food to my great disappointment was, in a word, bleh! So ordinary, perhaps I should have had more spicy food. The wait-staff tend to just hang around ( I guess on account of the very few diners) while you eat, which was unnerving. I won't write this restaurant off though, it is probably worth checking out again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“My favourite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

It doesn't have a great ambience. It's not smart. But I eat here every time I come to Nairobi cos the food is simply unbeatable. It's so good that I phone a day early and ask them to freeze some takeaway which I then take back to London. Don't leave without have a dahl makhani. East African curries are the best. Great service too. Don't go to Haandi's (though it's good), go here.

Visited March 2013
Mombasa, Kenya
“One of the best Indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

THis is very good indian restaurant in Nairobi. The owners are very friendly and helpful. Last time I was in there the owner sent out a chicken wing for my girls which they loved. I am oddly addicted to theur nuclear nan which has crazy amounts of spicy chilis. You can't go wrong with this place.

Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Food and Service,but Slightly Overpriced and Noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just ate at Open House for the second time. I found the food excellent,and it was served to my instructions as I prefer very spicy food. I order both paratha and garlic naan and they were neither greasy nor oily which is a common problem in their preparation in Indian restaurants. My appetizer chicken tikka was excellent as was my vegetarian main course: spinach korma.I enjoyed the salted lassi The service was efficient and very polite. The restaurant's ambiance was very nice,except that it was marred but by the all the noisy customers. Open House is somewhat expensive due to the fact that the Vat and service charge add a lot to the bill.

• Visited March 2013