“Walk to this green oaisis in Nairobi” 5 of 5 stars

Godial's Bed & Breakfast
Lenana Road | P.O.Box 76314, Nairobi 00508, Kenya   |
Ranked #16 of 157 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Nairobi
“Walk to this green oaisis in Nairobi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Our office is in the Kilimani area of Nairobi so when we have colleagues visiting or when I am in town this is our base. walking distance to Yaya Center, great breakfast, green and well-appointed property. great staff!

Room Tip: if you choose to share a bathroom, this is one of the best deals in town.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GODIALS, Owner at Godial's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you very much for your kind words and compliments, it keeps us very motivated to do even better the next time round. We love hosting you and your colleagues and are glad you have chosen us as your preferred second home in Nairobi.

Looking forward to many more visit from you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dakar, Senegal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

My family and I had a wonderful wonderful stay at Godials this summer. I happened to hear about it from a cab driver and decided to check it out online. The place is truly friendly, staff are delightful, accommodating and respectful. We really enjoyed our stay there. There's beautiful art all around and every detail is well thought out. Super clean too. It's the perfect location as you are near several shopping malls but away from the honking horns and exhaust of traffic. I hope when we're next in Nairobi, Godials will still be there because we will most certainly check in! It did feel like a home away from home.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
It is nice to know that after a guest has had faith to choose to stay with us, that we met their expectations. My staff and I are truly humbled and nothing pleases us more than when a guest says that they thought of our B&B as their home whilst in Kenya.

We loved hosting you and your family and look forward to seeing you again in the near future! Thank you for your compliments and kind words
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed here for three nights last year. Overall it was a cute guesthouse, with a nice garden, with rooms and breakfast corresponding to the money you are paying.

The main issue I had was the driver that was called to give me a lift to the airport at 5am in the morning. After a few minutes in the car it became evident that either he didn't know how to drive, or he was drunk. I felt really unsafe, but had to get to the airport, and didn't want to stop somewhere randomly because it was dark. In retrospect I should have done that, because we ended up having an accident - the driver drove into the back of a truck, which smashed the front glass. Quickly a group of people assembled in a not so great neighborhood, but I told the driver to just keep going. Eventually we arrived at the airport, but it was an awful experience, and I was very disappointed that the staff, who had been very nice and helpful with everything, didn't go through a thorough vetting process, especially in a city like Nairobi where you are reliant on having a safe driver.

Room Tip: Wifi was not very strong though
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GODIALS, Owner at Godial's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Reviews whether positive or negative are always welcomed!

Firstly, we are glad you enjoyed your stay at our B&B overall.
We are also proud to announce that we now have high speed broadband internet facilities, including a very strong outdoor access point with a very wide radius (great WI-FI).

Vetting of the Taxi company used, was done prior to us beginning work together and we continue to do so as they grow their fleet and number of drivers. In fact in your case, the same Taxi company did your airport pick up which was incident free. An accident whether minor or major is not an experience anybody should go through.

Looking forward to seeing you again at our B&B in the neat future.
Berkeley, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My week at Godial's was friendly, warm, safe and lovely. The place is rambunctious (kids and dogs), but I loved that over the sterility of a big hotel. The guards and kitchen staff knew me by sight, and owner Nancy was warm and welcoming at every turn. The kids and dogs made me feel like I was staying at their home. The room was simple but clean; the common areas were great places to chill with other guests; the outdoor coffee bar was a great place to do work on the laptop in a nicer setting than in your room. It's a great location too (short walk to Yaya Centre mall, for example). Their chosen cab service was reliable and reasonable (including airport pickup). I'd stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GODIALS, Owner at Godial's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We here at Godial's were really delighted to host you! Nothing pleases my staff and I more than when a guests says that they thought of our B&B as their home whilst in Kenya.

I am glad that you enjoyed the lively environment from Superheros to snoopy, simba and the cats! Your comments and compliments are highly appreciated and we look forward to meeting you again in the near future.

Many thanks!
Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Friendly and helpful guest house, conveniently situated in leafy suburbs. It is very quiet, especially at night, and very comfortable and secure. We liked the tasteful african decor in the lounge and dining room. The fresh pizzas were great but we were served a dry overcooked roast chicken when we asked for something Kenyan. They look after you and respond quickly to requests. Nice to have daily newspapers and to meet fellow travellers. We found it a bit annoying to have to ask for small items missing from the room, such as face towels, liquid soap/shampoo, toilet paper, and dried milk sachets for the hot drinks. Also it was inconvenient to have to kneel under furniture to plug in the kettle to the socket used by the fridge. Good wi-fi (but not in the furthest rooms) and internet facility.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GODIALS, Owner at Godial's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Your compliments are so highly appreciated, it was a pleasure having you here. My staff and I are glad you enjoyed your stay. My apologies for the inconveniences you experienced, we are looking into introducing liquid soaps and shampoos in the near future and ensuring that your other basic items are always in the rooms as required.
We are also pleased to announce that we have now acquired high speed internet (Broadband) which has excellent reach to all our rooms! We look forward to hosting you again!
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed at Godial's for a business trip, and felt at home right away. Very friendly atmosphere, relaxed and in a great location to get around town. The single rooms are small, but the terrace and living room are very nice (and quiet too!) so that you would not want to spend too much time in your rooms anyways. It feels much more convenient and peaceful than in a large, crowded hotel. The food -both breakfast and dinner- are very good too and the chef is happy to pick up special requests. There is also a printer if you need it. All in all, highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GODIALS, Owner at Godial's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
My staff and I are ever so motivated when our guests expectations are met. We are glad that you had a delightful stay and felt at home. We look forward to your return and thank you for your recommendations.
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I first stayed at Godial's in 2011, have since returned several times. Single rooms are not large but sufficient, it's very clean, conveniently located, staff is delightful. At that price and location Nairobi's best.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GODIALS, Owner at Godial's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
We are always pleased that you enjoy your stay each time you return to Nairobi, thank you for your compliments and continuous support. Your review is very much appreciated by my staff and I

Been to Godial's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!