“Fresh Breaze!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 156 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Windhoek
“Fresh Breaze!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I checked in on 2nd August 2013 in the evening: Met by the usual FRIENDLY office staff. Betty was on duty. Being tired after a long journey, when reaching my room, the tiredness was overtaken by the breathtaking appearance of the room: Clinical clean, beautiful linen and a perfect prepared room as if it was done JUST FOR ME!!! It made me feel so special. Obviously I had a great night! One thing about this place is that one of the Directors, Nancy and her staff (Betty, Lucy, Pauline and the chef(cant remember his name) always make one feel so at home! Always friendly and helpful and go that extra mile for a client. And every time I arrive there, there is something new and better in the place! Oh why do I serenade them, go check this out for yourself!!!!This is African Hospitality at its BEST! Even the dogs are friendly and are like they are constantly smiling at one!!!Leave alone that little angle of a daughter of Nancy!!!

Room Tip: Rooms 5 upwards are the best as it is in a quite area. although room 4 is huge and very comfortable...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
GODIALS, Owner at Godial's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Mimmie,

Happy New Year! What can I say other than to thank you for your kind comments, I am deeply humbled. It is always a pleasure hosting you and having you as part of the Godials Family. Thank you for keeping us motivated to continue sharing the true African hospitality.

Many thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Biella, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed for one night and we had an excellent stay at Godial's guest house .The room and bathroom was very clean and pleasant, there was a beautiful garden. The staff was friendly and accommodating . It's very cozy and safe. It's recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had an excellent stay at Godial's guest house. The location was quiet and felt very safe. There is a cute little garden, and the room and bathroom was very clean and pleasant. The staff was friendly and accommodating -- even though I got back after the kitchen had closed, they offered to make me a pizza. I only stayed one night, but would really have liked to stay longer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed for 1 night and was glad to have a clean bed after an all day shuttle ride from Arusha. We were given a king size bed as they where expecting my daughter "Jamie" was a mans name! no big deal , they did offer other room possibilities. Our room was very clean and comfortable, did not care for the very high brown tub, there was a leak by the tub that could easily be fixed. Bed was a little hard for my personal taste. Overall, very nice, clean dining room for our breakfast, which had toast, eggs, sausage and various juices. We paid $95 for the night and extra for the airport shuttle. I would definitely stay here again as I like my trips as hassle free as possible. We had lost a bag the previous night and the receptionist did everything she could to help us find our bag, calling us even as we left the B&B,,, thank you so much,,, we did find our bag : )

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

It's quite difficult to find a location with a good balance between budget and quality in Nairobi. I still can't decide if this balance is ok at Godial's. The rooms are simple but clean and everything you need is available. We had the pleasure to ahve room number 5 for a couple of nights and I think this is a good room.

The breakfast is just a little bit poor for the money you pay for a B&B. Just some toasts, baked eggs which are made some time before and not so much fruit. This could have been better.

Please note that taxi drivers do find it hard to find the B&B. If you want to guide them in the right direction please send them to the Wood avenue junction with Lenana Road.

Conclusion; if you need an ok prized location in Nairobi, please choose this B&B.

Room Tip: Room number 5 is a good spacious room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nanyuki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My experience of mid and low priced bed and breakfasts here in Nairobi have been disappointing due to neglected decor or broken items within the rooms. This lovely mid priced bed and breakfast pleasantly surprised me. Clean, well kept, excellent taste decor and lovely helpful staff. I had a single en suite which, although small, was plenty big enough. All electric so let's working and in good order. Bathroom and bed were clean and fresh. Their courtyard is amazing and welcoming. They even have a little cafe/pizzeria which had tasty items for a really good price.

The only downside for me (and I have told the manager so it can improve) was that the wifi was slow in the room (not in the cafe area) and that there was no decaf coffee at breakfast even though it was on the menu as an option. The management took this on board without fuss and thanked me for the input which I thought was a good sign.

Parking is secure but tight. Just be aware of this when you arrive. Don't let it spoil an otherwise pleasant stay.

Anyone visiting Hurlingham area of Nairobi, this is a good place to stay.

Room Tip: It is well thought out so most rooms will provide a good stay.l
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The guesthouse is small, clean, amazing staffs. I spend only one night over there.
Location is not so good cause is far from Nairobi and far from airport, but the can pick up of and drop you off at airport if you need.
My room was very small and basic, just a bed, little fan and simple shelves. The shower was outside but I haven't to wait to take shower ou use the bathroom anytime. Very new and clean bathroom. Good shower and hot, very hot water.
Breakfast was pretty good! fruits, bread, yogurt, eggs.... very nice!

Room Tip: Maybe on with private bathrom. I had no option cause the place was full when a booked, but they have...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Godial's Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!