“Amazing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Godial's Bed & Breakfast

You added Godial's Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
Godial's Bed & Breakfast
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Lenana Road | P.O.Box 76314, Nairobi 00508, Kenya   |
Ranked #19 of 183 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Nairobi, Kenya
“Amazing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I spent a night at the godials. It was nothing short of amazing.
Every one was helpful and gracious till we cheched out.
Their prices are also pocket friendly plus its very convenient to travel to Nairobi CBD from there.
I recommend it to anyone especially couples.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Accra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Godial's felt like home away from home. The exterior is beautifully landscaped; featuring potted plants, wrought iron arm chairs, tables for two - really, many interesting places to sit and chat with a friend or read a book. The guest house is also fairly quiet if one wants to sleep in. We were in a double room. It was spacious, clean and well lit. The location is great, close to town and all major shopping malls. The lounge and breakfast areas are cosy and inviting.

Room Tip: We found the meals ( we only ordered dinner once) too pricey and not exactly value for money.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Godials was recommended to me by a friend who stayed in Nairobi for a couple weeks on a climbing trip. I stayed both going and coming from a one month medical assignment in Eldoret. They were fantastic - accomodating my early arrival (I had the inconvenient 4am flight). Everyone was incredibly friendly, and helped me with some local travel arrangements and tourist stuff (the elephant orphanage is pretty cool). The rooms are clean and nice, showers are hot and comfortable, there's wifi, and there's lots of plants around - just a chill, comfortable environment. Tasty breakfast too! Nancy was easy to plan with via email. They were able to provide a room for a friend who's other hotel plans fell through last minute - super helpful. I was so pleased I also had another friend change her plans to include Godials. The location is actually pretty convenient, as its a couple blocks safe walk to the mall, where you can get anything you need, from groceries, clothes, books, espresso, ATM, etc. Prior to visiting, I had some people scare me about the safety of staying in Nairboi, but Godials was very safe, gated and guarded. I was out late a couple nights (euro cup), and it was no problem returning in the wee hours - they have many drivers who are reliable and friendly. It was great to feel comfortable and welcome during an otherwise hectic trip. Some co-workers stayed at pricey hotels in order to feel safe, but I think this is a way better value. I plan on staying here when I return, and I highly recommend to my friends, and any other travelers.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

As an English lady who worked in Kenya, I stayed at Godials on the odd night and then for weeks at a time. I always looked forward to my stays there and never felt let-down or dissappointed by the service provided. It is well located, secure and is in one of safest areas in Nairobi. The management and staff are lovely and are very helpful. It is always very clean, there is hot water and clean towels. The food is great though there are take out leaflets at reception so you can do what suits you. There are also a wide range of rooms which cater for the businessman to the traveller. This has to be the best B&B in Nairobi! I hope to stay there again one day and really cannot recommend it enough.

Room Tip: Don't worry if you need the cheapest option. The single room with a shared bathroom is absolute...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Sherwood Park, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I recently got to stay at Godial's in Nairobi when my daughter was having an emergency c-section! She was first cared for at the hotel before I arrived - was on bedrest and the staff were just the best - they checked on her every hour! Well above the call of duty. Then I was ensconsed with my 3 year old grandson waiting for the delivery results - they could not have been kinder to us. Josh got to play with their kids, and we watched TV in their lovely sitting room. The breakfasts were wonderful and the pizza in the patio bar was great. Nancy and her staff were so kind and friendly. And we had a small but perfect baby boy. The rooms were comfortable with a lovely little outside sitting area for each room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Index, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was in Nairobi for about two weeks working on a project in the slums. It was so nice to come home to Godial's every evening to smiling faces, hot showers, a clean room and a delicious meal. The staff was very helpful and took good care of me. They have a driver on staff there named Joseph who was just great - he had excellent knowledge of the city and genuinely enjoyed showing me around it when we had the opportunity. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed here after an overland tour (i.e. needed somewhere comfortable and relaxing) - and we enjoyed it for what it was. The staff were friendly, the place was clean and it was close to restaurants and malls. The bar was good, and breakfast was delicious. The place was great value for money, in expensive Nairobi (relative to other African cities). The staff organised a driver for us to visit the local attractions, which was nice but quite pricey. They also organised for us to visit a pool of another hotel, but it was $10 each to enter the pool, plus the cost of the driver, so not a cheap afternoon out. The 'Ya Ya centre' mall which has everything you need is a 10 minute walk. They had some cable TV and the bed was huge but quite hard, and the room very small. The staff left us a bottle of wine, and rose petals on our bed after hearing it was our honeymoon, which was a nice touch. There were restaurants within walking distance for dinner time and you can get dinner there too but it wasn't that cheap for what it was (although very convenient for us weary travellers). Oh and the gardens were small, but lovely to enjoy a glass of wine in, and the security was excellent. There was free wi-fi which was great after a month-long holiday. I would recommend to stay here if you are looking for somewhere quiet and have a little extra cash to spend on some small luxuries (i.e. restaurants, wine, drivers).

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with some sunshine - ours was a bit dark but it made it cool.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple