This is small, very nice and presonally owned B&B. If I will return to Nairobi some day, I will not consider any other option (if the price - approx 30 Euro per person will remain the same)!
- The whole booking / payment / lodging is mainly provided by the owner Nancy herself. So, because it is her own business, she puts as much afford to make you satisfied as possible! Nancy is really kind person, we have spend a lot of time chatting each other. This is originally a family villa, so the the best positive thing is, that you will fell like staying at home rather than at hotel...
- Transport to the B&B from the airport was arranged by Nancy and was OK. B&B has its own car - a brand new and huge Toyota I gesss whis we used also for taking us around Nairobi (Joseph - the hotel driver was a bit late, but this is normal in africa ;-)
- Transportation to the B&B took us around 15 minutes
- B&B itself is well guarded (this is very important), well situated and well maintained and quite place. Rooms are furnished simply, but they are really clean and the beds are comfortable. Also the bathoroom was clean.
- We used a hotel car for getting us around the city. I must mention the driver named Joseph. This guy was very well english speaking (better than me ;-), he was really kind, attentive and he took us anywhere we wanted to go (we went to museum, and for a dinner to Carnivore which I recommend to visit. I must say that hotel owned car and the Joseph himself were one of the biggest advantages of the hotel!
- "Buffet like" breakfast was included in the price. it was simple bud very tasty and personally operated by the "breakfast staff".
- The final communication with Nancy was a bit awkward. I needed to remind myself and it took her few days till she confirmed our in-advance payment.
- We have sleeped at the triple room directed to the entrance. So we heard a watchdog barking almost the whole night. But on the other side, this is sacrifice for your security.
- Not every room has an aircon. Our room had not A/C, but even if it was equipped with it, we would barely use it because during the night it was quite cold (we have stayed here at January 2012 and the night temperature was around 22 I guess).
So, all in all great place to stay. If you go there, say hello to the Nancy and Joseph from guys from Slovakia !!!
Some not orientated to the entrance
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
April 5, 2012
I am touched by your kind words and glad that you had a wonderful stay. Your comments both positive and negative, as well as your recommendations mean a lot to our business. I must apologize for the small lapse in communication due to technical problems we experienced at the time.
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your kind words about Joseph as it is important for our staff to feel that their efforts made your special time in Kenya worthwhile and memorable!
The pictures are wonderful and reflect the good times you had.
We look forward to hosting you all again.
Warm regardsto you all
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.