“Nothing special, average food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Al Pasha

Al Pasha
Panari Sky Center, Second Floor | Mombasa Road, Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)
+25420820603/4
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #288 of 318 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: International
Neighborhood: Nairobi Central Business District
Neighborhood: Nairobi Central Business District
Saint Julian's, Malta
“Nothing special, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Staying at the hotel above I decided to try out this (often crowded) restaurant. Turns out it is good value for money and decent food but nothing special about it. However the staff was friendly and the experience was positive.

30% Recommend
Sheffield, UK
“A very sad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Having enjoyed many good meals at Al Pasha over the last few years, I had no hesitation in bringing the family there (five of us) on this occasion. Sadly, this turned out to be one of the worst restaurant experiences I have ever suffered in terms of food and service.

Both the waiter and the waitress who ‘served’ us were slow and inefficient. Our table (originally set for eight people) had spare cutlery littering one end through most of the meal; service was slow and often both of them disappeared for long periods; a drink for one of the party never arrived in spite of a reminder and my son’s steak, ordered ‘well-done’, arrived rare.

We could see into one corner of the kitchen and were not very pleased to hear loud pounding – obviously poor quality steaks were being ‘tenderised’. Much worse, though, were the flashes of flames and smell of burning that began to emanate.

When the food finally came, the two steaks and two lamb chop portions were all coated with a layer of pongy black cinder; the chips were nearly stone cold. The fifth member of the family was the lucky one: her chicken was ok, though also accompanied by cold fries.

Ominously, we realised with hindsight, there were no other customers throughout our long visit. On enquiring, we were told that there had been no change of management, though we couldn’t recognise any of the staff we had known in the past. However, it seems there is a new Manager. Perhaps he is still learning his job!

All in all, we shall not be visiting Al Pasha again…

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Good place to stop on the way to the airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

The restaurant has nice outdoor seating but it is often filled. Indoor seating is dominated by a very loud television. Good quantity of decent food for good value, and I would rate this one higher except for the lout TV and disregard of staff. We asked 3 times to turn down the volume on the TV and it would get quieter for a minute then go back up. We finally noticed almost the entire restaurant staff hanging out around the bar watching the TV - which explains both why service is slow and the TV is so loud. I asked to speak to a manager but none was available.

I have stopped here many times when taking friends to the airport since it is a very convenient place to stop, and this is not the first time I've been annoyed by the loud TV. I will probably try it one more time before I give up on them. If they can get the staff to pay attention to the customers instead of to the tube this could be a really good experience.

I gave average rating for Atmosphere because the outdoor seating is very nice, but indoor not so nice.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lutherville, Maryland
“Reasonable prices, slow but friendly service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The menu offers many choices and the food was ok, but service is a bit slow. I had falafel (overcooked) that was served with only a few pieces of pita and too little garlic & yoghurt sauce. I am sure if I had asked for more of both I would have received them without an extra charge, but given the late arrival of the original order I did not want to ask. I have marked the service as "average" because it was slow (poor) but friendly (above average).

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
india
“Very cozy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

It is a very cozy and wonderful restaurant. I love the view of the national park from the outside seating. The steak with fries is amazing and they served excellent coktails.

• Visited February 2012