“Outstanding service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 105 Hotels in Nairobi
Stockholm, Sweden
“Outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

This hotel has pretty much everything you need in terms of room amenities and general facilities, and everything is in excellent condition and quality and so on. So I will not go through all that. I would, however, like to mention the staff who were very friendly and helpful with all kinds of matters at all times during my week at Sankara. Yes, all this comes with a rather high price. But I found that it was worth what I got during my stay!

Room Tip: A view towards the city or some street action is always nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sankara N, General Manager at Sankara Nairobi, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear makkipakki,

Thank you for your wonderful review about our property and we are delighted to note your comments on our services. We do look forward to welcoming back to enjoy our Kenyan hospitality again very soon.

Moshi Perera, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Located in the centre of Nairobi, perfect for access to markets and about 30 minutes from the airport when the roads aren't choked by traffic - as they usually are in Nairobi.
Great restaurants and a fantastic view of Nairobi from the roof pool bar and restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sankara N, General Manager at Sankara Nairobi, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear sueord,

Thank you for your kind comments about our property. We do look forward to welcoming you back soon; to the amazing views of the Nairobi’s skyline from our roof top Sarabi and the distinctive Champagne Bar.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I would say this hotel has every thing as a business traveller.... Well appointed room,sleek and great in room amenities.

The sleep is very comfortable, lovely bed and you barely hear any noise from busy street.

Well though and build well....

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Priyan P,

Thank you for your amazing review. We do look forward to welcoming you back soon; to enjoy the authentic flavour of the new Africa.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have just spent 6 nights at Sankara. First of all, I got there and I was told my card i.e. Maestro wasn't accepted in the hotel. I asked why it wasn't on their website and why it was not communicated to me as I have been in contact with the reservation managers, an apology was offered. I decided to make a bank transfer as that was the only other method of payment I do. I was given their bank details and I made the payment. I have since been sent emails saying that the payment is yet to reach their account, which is strange because it usually take 2-4 working days. I thus sent them a receipt of payment showing that it had been paid into the account I was given; I am yet to hear from them.

The hotel itself is nice, with friendly and courteous staff. My main disappointment was the breakfast spread. There wasn't much of a choice, which I think is a shame. I hope that could be improved upon in the near future. My main highlight of the hotel is the 7th floor roof top pool and bar, which made it worth the visit.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Pta.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Had to stay in Hotel for a week for business, was great . Had a clubroom that gives you access to a private business conference facilities etc. service were great! Staff extremely kind and helpful. Will go back every time. Food just magnificent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Sankara N, General Manager at Sankara Nairobi, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Wilma V,

Thank you for your kind review of our club floor services. We do look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please do not hesitate to let our Club Floor team know if they can assist in your forthcoming stays.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We usually eat up at the pool side on the roof top and have never had a bad experience. Of late, the menu has changed and is even better, offering a lot more dishes for the individual palette. They have delicious vegetable juices that are freshly made and not watered down like a some places do. Their gazpacho soup is to die for too! Only problem is that it is a popular smoking haunt and sheesh is also widely available, therefore for a non=smoker, it is very difficult to find a smoke free zone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Smatlock10,

Thank you for taking the time to review our services and facilities in Sarabi. We are delighted to hear of your encouraging experiences and thoughts of the menu changes. Our chefs will be delighted to hear of your kind words on their dishes.

We would like to apologize for the Sheesha smoking. The size of the area is quite limiting and with the high demand and being an open area, sometimes challenging to be able to accommodate all of our clients’ needs in the open environment.

We do look forward to you returning soon. Why not try our Sunday Movie nights, watch some classics in the al fresco atmosphere every Sunday night.

With Warm Regards,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I always try to get to my destinations through a skyteam flight (I take my elite status very seriously), so when I had to book a flight from Maputo to India, it was only normal that I would fly KQ, which meant I had to do a layover of 23 hours in Nairobi. The next step was to book a hotel, which at first I was very sceptical, going through some of the reviews on bookers or even on trip advisor, non of them seemed to get my attention, some looked outdated, tired or with a lot of personality (too colonial). I knew I would be tired so I looked for something modern, with clean lines and an appealing bed (of course .. from the photos).
The Shankara caught my attention and I booked a room for the night. It was everything that I was expecting. Clean, young, cool, high-tech, swanky but times at times I felt a pretentious vibe in it (but just for a split moment .. I think).
Stayed in room 3036 which I guess is a standard: clean and the design was superb for a standard, and I was impressed with the detailing of the amneties. Being a "big/chubby/tall" boy I was surprised to actually encounter robes big enough for me, and of course decent hangers (I don't get why some 5* hotels still use those that r locked to the wardrobe ... that's just mental).
Staff was attentive and overall the service is very good for what you pay for, it's not a fantastic hotel but it is what it is, it is reliable and safe for leisure, business or a layover like me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear 15theos,

Thank you so much for your gracious review. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our property and finding the rights sized robes.

We note that you felt the hotel was missing some elements to make it fantastic. We would be most grateful for any feedback on what elements were missing so that we can review for future improvement. Please do let us know on stay@sankara.com

We do look forward to welcoming you back in your next visit to Nairobi.

With Kind Regards

Moshi perera, General Manager

Been to Sankara Nairobi? Share your experiences!