“Quality place to stay.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 129 Hotels in Nairobi
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Quality place to stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

This turned out to be a decent location near the Sarit Center and the Undugu Fair Trade Shop. The room was very nice though perhaps a little cramped for the price and level of the hotel. The bathroom was very nice and included an in-room hair dryer, shower with multiple heads, and separate tub.
The spa included a nice fitness room, and the rooftop pool and bar was definitely picturesque.
We enjoyed the lunch buffet at Artisan, the less formal of the restaurants within the hotel, with great Kenyan tea, great breads, soups, and cheeses among the options - plus an awesome dessert bar. The food service was incredibly friendly and helpful, and the outdoor patio for dining was lovely.
Hotel service was outstanding, including the front desk/reception and the director of services Monica (the concierge).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My first impression of the hotel was wow! Very upmarket and trendy. The service was good although it felt a little commercial for me. The rooms were smart but rather small, given the price of $300 USD per night. The food was excellent, I ate breakfast and dinner at the restaurant. I recommend the view from the roof as its quite something. I would recommend this if your looking for real upmarket living.

• Stayed September 2013
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in the hotel for 4 nights on their business executive room floor. Well designed room, though not that spacious. The staff are friendly and very professional. I like the fact that it's near to popular malls, bars and restaurants in Westlands. Security is also reassuringly tight.

I look forward to night time when they offer to turn -down the bed, they give these small and cute collectible animal figurines.

The only issue is the small and cramped front desk at the ground floor and a claustrophobic elevators.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed here for a week on business. Great hotel and would highly recommend. Friendly and efficient staff, very comfortable beds and great food. The breakfast is lovely and the hotel has a few restaurants that are great. I especially liked the Thai restaurant. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sankara N, Manager at Sankara Nairobi, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Kathleen M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review dated 3rd September 2013.

We are always pleased to hear from our guests and more so with your gracious compliments about our staff, service, food and facilities.

As the entire team at Sankara Nairobi care deeply about our guests’ convenience and comfort, your kind words will only motivate to further exceed your expectations.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed at the Sankara 3 times over the past several months for business. There is never a question of where I will stay in Nairobi because of the excellent and helpful service of this dedicated and friendly staff. The hotel is conveniently located. Serene and comfortable rooms (especially on 2nd floor, overlooking the pool next door), very good business facilities, and excellent food (insane dessert bar, lovely cold drinks). From reception to rooftop the hotel is well appointed and comfortable. But what really makes the Sankara special is the staff - always professional, accommodating and eager to help. On one occasion, my colleagues and I had a 3 a.m. departure, and the staff arranged breakfast to go for us. On another, our trip was extended, and the staff did their best to try and find rooms for us for the duration during a very busy time. They even offered to check at the hotel next door on our behalf. On another occasion I was ill (nothing to do with Sankara) and the chamber maid came to check on me at turn down, saying she had heard I was ill and was there anything she could do for me. Last minute arrangements were made for us to make use of the board room when we discovered this was needed - a lovely space, rental included good food service at reasonable rates.The clientele appear to range from safari go-ers and tourists to business people from all over the world, including Kenya. And, the soapstone animals. As others have mentioned, this is a very sweet touch, and a much anticipated souvenir by my son when I return home. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear LBR25,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review dated 3rd September 2013.

We are always pleased to hear from our guests and more so with your gracious compliments about our service, staff and facilities.

manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed in the Sankara for a few nights (5th Aug 13) and absolutely loved the hotel!
The decor, the restaurants, the champagne bar on the roof, and the food.
The little touches as well made me smile, the hotel gave me a new soapstone animal (lion, giraffe etc) every day which I thought was the nicest gift I've ever had from a hotel....a really nice touch!!
The staff were lovely, and very elegant. Clearly alot of thought has gone into the detail of this hotel, and when I go back to Nairobi, this is where I'll stay.
Everyone should feel very proud to be part of a really special place to stay.
I hope you enjoy it as much as me, Adam (UK)

Room Tip: I was overlooking the main street four floors up which was beautifully presented and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Adam b,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review dated 2nd September.

We are always pleased to hear from our guests and more so with your gracious compliments about our decor, service, food and facilities.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Sankara represents the best ambiance you can get in any one place in Westlands. The lounge and bar have an excellent selection of drinks and an excellent relaxation. Very good chill out place. The wine list is formidable with exotic Italian wines. Service is also very good with knowledgeable and helpful staff.

Sankara is close to three major shopping malls and will give you ease of enjoying shopping in the city and westlands in particular. parking is also readily available in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Hjkenya,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review dated 2nd September.

We are always pleased to hear from our guests and more so with your gracious compliments about our ambience, service and facilities.