“Just perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 91 hotels in Nairobi
Sao Paulo
“Just perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Brand new, beautiful and modern rooms, nice decoration all over the hotel, wonderful breakfast, perfect espresso coffee, kind and polite staff,we have enjoyed the rooftop bar!!!Just perfect!!!Book now!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night , if you need to cross town do not stay in yhis side , price is very exenssive ( usd 300 per night) . Rooms are large and fully equiped , breakfast is nice , and service is very good !!

• Stayed June 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I checked in to the hotel after moving out of Serena. I was told a lot of good things about this property, however I was so disappointed by the lack of service standards and clear thinking by the staff and even duty manager.
I had checked in the morning and dropped my bags at the check-in desk to be dropped in my room. Left for my office from the reception. Had a late night flight to catch and some official dinner to attend with senior management of my company. Once I reached my room in the evening and was getting ready to take a shower, realised my bags were missing from the room. I called the guest services, they said it will be up in a few minutes. Kept waiting for 20 minutes and no sign of my bags. After repetitive calls 5 times, still the bags were not delivered. Once I crossed the 1 hour mark u just asked for the duty manager over the phone and have him my piece of mind. The bags did turn up after that. However, I asked the bell boy to send the manager to the room, but no sign of him. My bosses were waiting for me for dinner and here I was waiting for my bag.
Went for the dinner which I could only be there for 15 minutes as I had a plane to catch after that.
No sincere apology. I had to return back to Nairobi in 2 days time for a 7 day trip and had confirmed Sankara to my administrative staff. However after this experience I just took myself to my old and trusted Fairmont Norfolk. They never go wrong with the service.

Sankara N, Manager at Sankara Nairobi, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Anshuman,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review dated 4th June 2013.

We're sorry to hear that your experience was not to expectation and we did not deliver the standards we are accustomed to. Please accept our sincere apologies for the laps in standards. As part of our commitment to our guests we would value your feedback how we can improve on the services we offer from your recent experience. We look forward to hearing from you at press@sankara.com.

We do hope that afford us an early opportunity to restore your faith in the Sankara Nairobi soon. To this end please do not hesitate to contact us so that we can take care of all your requirements personally.

With kind regards,

The Management.
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

First time in Nairobi. Stayed 1 night only. Could stay here for weeks. Great hotel, lovely rooftop bar & pool area. Truly world class facilities, food, service. Stylish, modern. Felt like being in a 5 star hotel anywhere in the top global destinations. Great Cappucino ! Beautiful rooms, with iron, gowns, etc etc. slightly pricey, but most good hotels in Africa are. Fantastic breakfast ! Overall - highly recommended

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Very efficient, clean and well designed rooms and restaurants. Great rooftop bar and good gym. Excellent spa too! The hotel has become a staple for my business trips to Nairobi. Seems to have quite some turnover of teh senior management team but the hotel continues to provide great service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was there for a hosted party and it was quite good. The music was fantastic, the cocktail bitings and drinks were well selected and paired. The service was excellent and helpful. The facilities were pretty clean as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Spent 3 nights in the Sankara Nairobi after a recommendation from a work associate. Loved it. The staff were friendly and efficient, the hotel well designed, the bar on the roof vibrant and the rooms perfectly balanced between size and function. For a business traveller like myself the wifi connection was effortless - staying connected even during power outages in Nairobi. The small sculptures placed next to your bed as a gift creates a very special touch as each night offers a different one, to a total of 6 little animal sculptures of beautiful design.

Only complaint I had was during check-in when I challenged why they needed to lock (pre auth) $500 on my card for my prepaid room. After some discussion they admitted the policy is to lock $50 per night, giving a total of $150 for my stay. We agreed on that amount and my bad experience ended right there. The stay itself was highly enjoyable and I was very satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Sankara Nairobi? Share your experiences!