My husband took me to stay at Sankara for two nights for my birthday. We live in Nairobi so it was easy to find and we already knew about the local clubs and restaurants. Several times before we had been to the pool bar for drinks and appetizers.
This was the first time we actually stayed overnight. The room was clean, modern, and very nice. The two things that stand out the most to me were:
1. The Bed! It was so soft. The sheets and pillows were exceptional quality. I could have spent the whole two days in bed.
2. The Water Pressure! I probably took six showers. Anyone who lives in Nairobi has probably experienced a lack of water pressure, especially in the older houses like one one we live in. To me, this was a real treat!
We ordered room service. I had the beef fillet and a salad. It was delicious and cooked how I wanted it. We ate and had drinks at the pool. Also very nice. And we had dinner one night at the Thai restaurant. Breakfast was included for both of us with the cost of the room. It was a diverse and substantial buffet offering everything I could want.
We had a lovely stay and would definitely go back. The location is perfect if you want to go out to local clubs and bars. I recommend Sankara for business and for couples.
Final and cute touch were the little painted creatures on your bedside table. These were set out during the turndown service. Collect all seven!
- Also Known As:
- Sankara Nairobi Hotel
- Sankara Nairobi Hotel Nairobi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sankara Nairobi combines international five-star standards with personal service and the authentic flavour of the new Africa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Sankara Nairobi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.