“Visit Artisan Restaurant at Sankara Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Sankara Nairobi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Woodvale Grove, Westlands, Nairobi 00606, Kenya   |
Ranked #11 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
San Francisco
“Visit Artisan Restaurant at Sankara Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at the Tribe Hotel during a conference and joined my friends for dinner on a Zairean night. The service and food was excellent in contrast to Tribe Hotel and restaurant. The Sankara Hotel has a choice of restaurants which area all excellent. We went to the Artisan Restaurant. I had the Lamb shank with couscous and it was heavenly. Our waiter expertly assisted my blind friend and found a proper chair for my friend using a walker. Superior service from the receptionist, to the server, to the chef.

• Stayed September 2011

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011 via mobile

Our second visit. Excellent club lounge and rooms. Very friendly and efficient staff throughout the hotel. I very much liked the free and v efficient wireless. I've stayed in many hotels in Nairobi and for as long as the standards are maintained this will be our hotel of choice.

The menu is a bit up it's own bottom and needs to be a little more sympathetic and accessible.

But all in all a really good place!

• Stayed September 2011
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

A hidden gem of a hotel in Nairobi.We stayed here for a couple of nights to get over our jet lag and chill out before flying off on Safari.It was fantastic.Not too big,excellent staff,fab rooftop pool and very good food

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but the higher up and/or executive club slightly better
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I visit Nairobi often, but this was the first time I've stayed at the Sankara. My review may well be influenced by the fact that i was upgraded to a suite, but the room was outstanding, the service was excellent and the bar on top of the building was a great place to be on a warm Nairobi evening.

The only downside is the cost - there are certainly cheaper options in the city, but it's a great place to indulge

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Lovely hotel in Nairobi, completely new and in a great location, right from the pickup from the airport with a Mercedes upto the check out all very very good.

Would recommend it to anyone who comes to Nairobi. would definately stay here whenever in Nairobi.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
greatexpectationss
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Good if pricey, well located.

Beds overly soft - loved by some, hated by others.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

So, we didn't actually stay here. My girlfriend/long lost cousin and I took the kids out for breakfast after church (we are ex-pats living in Nairobi) and got to restaurant at 11:15, 15 mins after they stopped serving breakfast. The staff were cordial but rigid that we couldn't order anything but would have to wait 45 minutes for brunch. The prospect wasn't all together appealing so we asked to see the manager . After a short discussion. he set us up in the coffee area, assigned the charming, Michael to wait on us and 15 minutes later we were tucking into well made beautifully presented dishes. The kids cleared their plate (always a good sign) and I ate most of my muesli served in a huge red wine glass with what tasted like home made yogurt. Michael was very attentive and the manager returned once to find out how we were getting on. There was a slight lapse in service between courses but on the whole the staff were warm and efficient. I questioned them closely about the muesli mix and they must have thought I was potty. However for those of us with sensitive stomachs it's important to know what's in a dish. Alas I have suffered all day from IBS and I can blame it squarely on the muesli. However as a goodwill gesture they had not charged us for it, so I won't deduct a star either for my stomach ache! It was a nice outing although being Sankara, rather pricey.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sankara Nairobi? Share your experiences!