“Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Africa Veterans Safaris - Day Tours

Africa Veterans Safaris - Day Tours
Collage House, 4flr Koinange Street, Opp. University Way | P.O. Box 3656-00200, Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)
+254-20-2401831
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 103 activities in Nairobi
Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Sao Paulo, SP
“Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Me and my wife went on a 18 day safari tour on april/may 2014 in three countries.All the hotel reservations, park fees, etc were provided by mr Martin Mugo.We started in Uganda with an Africa Veterans Safaris partner and when we arrived at Nairobi, mr Mugo himself and our guide and driver David were at the airport waiting for us in order to welcome us, to check if Uganda part was OK and to brief us about the tour in Kenya and Tanzania.They were very professional and friendly at the same time.We had a good time, they provided everything that was agreed upon and sometimes we got some upgrades for free.If we plan to return for a safari in Africa definitely it will be with Africa Veterans Safaris and mr Martin Mugo

Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
West Baldwin, ME
10 attraction reviews
“Terrific Safari Partners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

TripAdvisor ratings of Kenya safari operators led me to contact several companies in mid-2012 concerning a safari I was organizing for late August through mid-September, 2013. One of the first operators to respond was Martin Mugo of Africa Veterans Safaris. Martin not only offered the lowest cost for my 2013 afriCATreks safari, but worked closely with me over the ensuing year planning and arranging every aspect of the trip. He was able to book the very rooms I requested at the larger lodges and secure the number of tents I required at small camps. He assigned my group two excellent drivers in Daniel Mwaniki and James Wachira. Martin remained in close contact throughout our trip itinerary to solve any problems that arose. When a group member forgot a camera and other belongings at an accommodation in the northern rift valley, Martin worked with the proprietor to have the items sent to our next location. When another group member became ill and had to return to the U.S. from Masai Mara, Martin had Daniel drive the couple to Narok, sent a driver from Nairobi to meet and take them to Kenyatta Airport, and made airline reservations for them to leave that night. As the rest of my group was returning to Nairobi following our sojourn in Masai Mara, we picked up several travelers whose safari vehicle had broken down. We didn't realize that, as we left them in Nairobi, they mistakenly took a piece of our luggage with them on their way to Wilson Airport to continue their safari. When we discovered what had happened, Daniel went to that airport and, after a thorough search, found our missing luggage still in the departure area. Neither the clients we had picked up nor their safari company had taken it to lost-and-found. I doubt that your safari will involve problems such as we encountered, but if it should, these are the partners you want working with you. They not only proved to be veterans in handling these problems, but are outstanding safari guides as well. We found all the wildlife that draws visitors to Kenya as well as a rare sighting of a serval with her kitten. Africa Veterans Safaris is a terrific outfit.

Visited September 2013
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Trusty safari company.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

When booking a safari and been a seasoned pro, I still get apprehensive when booking Africa, because there are so many stories. Martins Africa Veterans is a trustworthy, and enjoyable, flexible company who I will be booking next year once again. Like many African companies and countries they would like feedback and get excited at giving great service
. This is exactly what we found with Martin and his company. Great safaris,great lodge and a knowledgable, trustworthy, friendly staff . Great ...see you in 2014 !

Visited November 2013
“Excellent ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a 5 days safari. Martin replied us promptly. And when we first arrive, Martin and our guide and driver-Richie, came to our hotel to make sure our itinerary of safari goes smooth.
We can feel your hospitality and passion. Your driving skill is great. Every time , we can look animals closely. When the tour finished, he asked the staff in hostel to take care us and make sure our journey safe. During the safari, We had a great time.

Thank you for your love and care,Richie .

Hong Kong, China
“An unforgettable Kenya journey with Africa Veterans Safaris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

did a week safari in 2-7 August with Africa Veterans Safaris. From the 1st moment I met Martin, the manager and my tour guide David at the airport, I just knew I picked a right choice esp when Martin greeted us at the airport in person(I never met him before,its just based on reputation from my friend and emails to confirm everything) and you know Martin called David and other on duty tour guides on a daily basis to make sure everything was fine.

With all the reviews and research I had, safari itinerary is more or less the same, but what makes my journey so SPECIAL is my tour guide David's excellent hospitality, his passion for his job and his country, love and care, thoughtfulness, patient, attention to detail and flexibility makes everything so different. David taught me more than just animals'habitat & behavior, an in- depth about the culture. He explains everything thoroughly. His driving skill was incredible, he would try his best to steady the car when we were on some difficult paths, make sure I wasnt upside down:)

It always happens when you see tourist cars broken in the safari, but we never came across. David would test and clean up his car everyday. He is very professional, managed to get us till we got the best shots and would give way to other drivers. I LOVE his working attitude. There was so much laughter, joy and harmony in our car. I was so fulfilled everyday I finished the tour.

During my journey, I met other Asian tourist group with Africa Veterans. Alex and James were their tour guides. We made good friendship w each other. David, Alex and James were sooooooooo friendly and caring, they cared for everyone, we had lots of chit chat, gathering, sharing and laughter.

Thats not the end. On 7th Aug, I was scheduled to go straight to airport from Masai, however due to the Jomo Kenyatta Airport had a big fire so we were stranded in Nairobi. Martin arranged a hotel accommmodation right away. It was a bit chaos, David was with me from check -in, took me to airlines office, grocery, got me a local simcard. When we were settled, it was very late already, I knew David was tired but he never said a word, just be there with me. I was stranded in Nairobi for 6 days so as other Asian group.

David, Alex and James were already on the safari with other customers. During our stranded days, David and Alex called /text us every other day to see if we were able to get on the flights and make sure we were ok. To be honest, its not their job. The tours were finished, but I really can see there was so much love and care in between. This heart-to heart connection makes my Kenya journey so special and remarkable.

Now I am back for a couple of days, still adjusting myself and I miss Kenya and Africa Veterans Safaris people so badly, I am very impressed with their hard work, and most of all, I feel so much loved and cared and I would never forget these people.

Visited August 2013