“Harassment for tripadvisor reviews” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Africa Veterans Safaris - Day Tours

Africa Veterans Safaris - Day Tours
Collage House, 4flr Koinange Street, Opp. University Way, Nairobi, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)
+254-20-2401831
Website
Improve this listing
Fontvieille, Monaco
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Harassment for tripadvisor reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Not only was I asked twice (before and after my safari) to review Africa Veterans positively, but I was then e-mailed to ask me again to review them.
Tripadvisor, I believe, is a community for travellers to use as and when they see fit, not for tour operators to use as a marketing tool. I am happy if Africa Veterans have done well from positive reviews, and I myself, was perfectly satisfied with my tour with them. This harrassment to review them (in their words so that they can be number 1) is, in my opinion, contrary to the objective of Tripadvisor.
Admittedly they have not offered bribes or discounts for reviews, but that doesn't make such begging letters any more pleasant. A sour taste to end a perfectly pleasant trip.

Visited May 2012
NairobiTours, Owner at Africa Veterans Safaris - Day Tours, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thanks very much for raising that concern. The reason for us writing to you was to get the feedback of your safari experience we us during your safari as we do with all of our clients so that we can know what to improve on and what to keep continuing doing to serve all our clients better.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Africa Veterans Safaris - great company, great guys! They can be trusted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

It was our first trip to Kenya.
We were a little worried before the trip.
Requests we sent so many agencies.
Director - Martin Mugo - very promptly responded to our emails. All of his email was very informative and useful for our trip planning.
All of it!
We are very grateful to Africa Veterans Safaris for the excellent organization of our trip!!
Our driver and guide, Richard - RESPECT!. Conscientious and just a very nice guy! Throughout his work he performed at 100%!
We definitely will recommend to all Africa Veterans Safaris and must take guide Richie!!

Visited October 2012
Thanks very much for your email and letting us know how your safari was,we really appreciate. We will continue doing great work for our clients all the time. Yes,next time you come,Richard will be waiting for you to take you on safari as requested.
Granger, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great one-day safari to Lake Nakuru!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

While I had been to Nairobi on business several times, this was the first time I splurged and stayed an extra day to enjoy the nature. Martin was very professional and responsive to my e-mails which helped me set up a day trip to Nakuru quickly and efficiently in between my work obligations. James, my driver, was prompt in picking me up at my hotel and was very knowledgeable. He knew the park inside and out and we were able to see so much in a single day! I wasn't sure a day-trip like this for a single person would be worth it, but it certainly was. My only regret was not having a better camera with me! Moreover, James ensured we stayed on schedule and we made it back to Nairobi well in time to the airport for the long trip home. I highly recommend the park and Africa Veterans.

Visited June 2012
Thanks very much for your day trip feedback which you did with us at the Nairobi National Park. All of us were very happy that you did see so much in a few hours of your day trip. James said hi to you to :-)
Atlanta, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“I would hire them again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I traveled along to Nairobi Kenya in January 2012. I found Martin and my driver to be very friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating to my needs. I visited the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, where I saw the orphaned elephants, which was a real treat. We also visited the Giraffe Centre and the Maasai Market. Martin and his employee's are like walking encyclopedia's. I would definitely hire Africa Veterans when I visit Kenya again.

Visited January 2012
Thanks very much for your email and letting us know that you did enjoy your day trip with us,very much appreciated.
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Friendly service and a phenomenal trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

Our group went to the Hell's Gate National Park with Africa Veterans Safari and had a great time. The safari van we got was spacious and clean. Our safari driver was accommodating and friendly and gave us good advice on what to do at the park. The organization itself catered to our needs very well and I would highly recommend them to any Canadians heading towards East Africa for a safari.

Visited December 2011
Thanks very much for the feedback ,very much appreciated. We are extremely happy that you did enjoy our great service and got to see so much .

Been to Africa Veterans Safaris - Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Africa Veterans Safaris - Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.