“Home away from home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 154 Nairobi B&B and Inns
Colombo
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We just returned from a trip to the Maasai Mara, and spent our time before and after safari at the Hibiscus Guest House, which was a home away from home. Phyllis made us feel so much at home and was ever available to answer our questions on what to do and where, etc in Nairobi. The staff were so pleasant and friendly and ready to please. For budget travellers, there couldnt be a better place in Nairobi! Cool, clean rooms with wifi available, and decent clean bathrooms with hot water showers. Tucked away in a quiet residential area, Hibiscus offers travelers a home in Nairobi where one feels safe and comfortable. I highly recommend it to anyone who is travelling on a budget and doesnt require luxuries.

Room Tip: The rooms inside the main house are far better than the ones outside.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dominica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Place is very clean. Staff are friendly, courteous and trust worthy. Very good chef. Rooms are pretty clean. The place has wifi in the dining area. Overall we had a pleasant stay and had nothing to complain about.
We also had some tour guides who took us around for shopping and sight seeing and they took very good care of us. They organized the entire trip and even at times packed a picnic lunch for all of us from the guest house.
Hibiscus guest house is very good if you are on a budget holiday. I would highly recommend this guest house and will definitely go back there again.

• Stayed September 2012
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I enjoyed my stay in Hibiscus.it is cool and no noise and the staff are great.The security is very good.it is near the green house and other major shopping malls.I wish come again and recommend my friends.I plan to celebrate my birth day right here.its a great place and i loved it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Lewiston Woodville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our stay. Hibiscus Guest House was on point. It was like a home away from home. The food is great, on top of that, anything that I need, whether it was from the store or where ever, The Hibiscus staff gave us a hand without any problems. They also offer a car hire service, even a diver if you needed one. It’s located in a peaceful spot and not too far from downtown. My wife and I really enjoyed ourselves and planning on staying there again in a few more months...

I just want to say ASHANTE SANA to the Hibiscus staff for showing my wife and me a good time....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The Hibiscus Guest House is a dream come true. The staff is excellent and helpful with everything. We were staying at a different location and were forced to relocate in the middle of the night. The staff at the Hibiscus woke up, found us space, and were so understanding of the situation. When we wanted to travel to Kisumu, they found us the correct shuttle line to take. When we wanted to get some dresses tailored, Phyllis recommended her tailor to us. The breakfast is filling, the rooms are large and clean. The grounds have nice gardens and the location is wonderful. It is close to the bus lines, Adams Arcade, and a short walk to the Yaya center and Junction. A great place I would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The friendly staff here certainly makes you feel at home! The rooms are simpel, but clean. Free wifi. Plenty of restaurants in the neighbourhood (try Ethiopian restaurant Habesha!).
Perfectly baked omelets by the friendly chef Sos. My friends who run projects in Kibera always stay here, now I know why!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Phyllis and her staff will make you feel like the Hibiscus is your home while in Nairobi! It's on a quiet street within a short walk of Ngong Road, one of the main thoroughfares in the city. The house is lovely with a large lounge area, dining room, and extensive gardens for relaxing. The bedrooms are simple but neat, with clean bathrooms. There is also free wifi available.

Breakfast is nice and filling, with eggs, sausage, and an assortment of cereals, fruits, juice, coffee, and tea. I was travelling with two friends, and all three of us arrived in Nairobi at different times. I arranged separate taxi pickups from the airport for all three of us and everything went off without a hitch.

It's the staff though that really make the Hibiscus shine. Everyone there was so friendly and helpful and made our short stay in Nairobi so memorable. Asante sana!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hibiscus Guest House? Share your experiences!