“Old Colonial Charm” 4 of 5 stars

+254202022272
Improve this listing
Ranked #127 of 315 restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: European, Italian, International
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
“Old Colonial Charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Staff great, food pretty good but with a hint of 1980s about it ... see crinkle cut mash topped with a tomato rosette and cheeky sprig of parsley. But the setting atop a spectacular gorge with views over the Nairobi National park to the city make it well worth a visit - of particular note is the approach ... via a rope bridge (with Masai warrior escort for the nervy). Perfect spot for a sundowner - try a chilled Tusker Malt ...

Visited November 2012

62% Recommend
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Based on the previous review that was posted here about people getting sick from the food I was a little hesitant to take my family and parents here. But we did go and were impressed by the quality of the restaurant. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their meal and we will definitely be going back. Needless to say no one got sick. My parents who are visiting Nairobi said this was their best meal so far. My father got the wiener schnitzel and said it was the best version of it he had since he was stationed in Germany 40 years ago. My mom got the potato leek soup and it was really good. I had the grilled chicken with noodles and also the it was great.

Also the setting of the restaurant is amazing as you have to cross a rope bridge over a cliff to get to the hotel/restaurant.

It was a perfect place to have lunch after a morning safari in Nairobi National Park.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Very Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Go there to enjoy your drinks and maybe a pizza. Food is no good. But it is a beautiful place to go swim, drink and relax.

Visited September 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“Disaster!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

On Boxing my family and I went for lunch at Rolf's. The location and setting is simply stunning, but everything else is a disaster!!! The staff took 30 mins to sit us down, 45 mins to take our order, 30 mins later we got our drinks, 1 hour 45 mins later we got our food, it took them 45 mins to bring out all of the food. I ordered a T-Bone steak medium rare, they served it raw. I sent it back, 15mins later the brought it back to me and it was over cooked chewy and impossible to cut with the butter knife (steak knife) they provided me with. The rest of the table was served pasta, more recognisable as mashed potatoes with a lumpy cream sauce. Un-seasoned soup with croutons burnt and dripping in oil, under cooked soggy chips with no ketchup or mayo.

On the whole avoid this place! The waiters are rude and slow, the food if beyond terrible!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Nice place, but keep away from the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Excellent atmosphere, great view, loved the bridge. The washrooms were dirty and there was no toilet paper. I asked the waiter if she could provide me with some, she smiled and nodded but nothing happened. After having asked twice two other staff members, I was taken to the manager, who guided me to another washroom with no lock. This resulted in the door being opened as I was washing my hands. The staff were unorganized and unprofessional. The food took forever to arrive and was terrible. I had the variety of cold starters sharing with my parents. A half avocado with a nasty thousand island dressing with some stale shrimps, a frozen paté (the taste was ok) some uninteresting white bread, a greasy salad and some tasteless cappaccio meat. Go there for the atmosphere, the view and the bridge, but don't get tempted to order food there.

• Visited December 2012