Had three separate stays at Sentrim Boulevard within a couple of weeks, so this is a combined review.
- They let us check in very early, so we almost got an extra day.
- The hotel is clean, beds reasonably comfortable.
- Very nice garden and swimming pool (although I think you have to pay extra for that).
- Excellent breakfast
- Close to downtown, within walking distance to some shopping, restaurants, etc. (daytime only!)
- Very sketchy neighbourhood.. although probably the entire Nairobi is like that. You feel like you are in a prison, with barbed wire fences, special tickets needed to leave, etc.
- No air conditioning. In September you could probably live with that, but I don't know about the warmer months.
- Dinner restaurant food is really bad and greasy. Recommend you go out to eat somewhere else.
- The second and third time we stayed there, the WiFi was broken and they never managed to fix it. However, they did let us use their computer downstairs.
- Hot water may not always reach the third floor
- The biggest complaint we had was with the security. When they let us use the computer at the reception, we accidentally took a look at the thrash bin. And what do we find there, but copies of our passports, thrown away?! No shredding, just crumpled and tossed out. It's very troubling that a hotel would do that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nairobi is the capital and largest city of Kenya. The city and its surrounding area also form the Nairobi Province. The name "Nairobi" comes from the Maasai phrase Enkare Nyirobi, which translates to "the place of cool waters." However, it is popularly known as the "Green City in theSun." Location: Sentrim Boulevard is located at the end of Nairobi’s Harry Thuku Road, an oasis of peace and quite with beautiful manicured gardens and lawns. There are 70 rooms in 2 stories. The main guest area consists of the reception, lounge area, Restaurant and bar. The Mezzanine floor has the conference facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Sentrim Nairobi Boulevard Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.