“Maybe just live in a tent..” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sentrim Nairobi Boulevard Hotel

You added Sentrim Nairobi Boulevard Hotel to your Saves list
Sentrim Nairobi Boulevard Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Harry Thuku Road | PO Box 43436, Nairobi 00100, Kenya (Nairobi Central Business District)   |
Ranked #61 of 145 Hotels in Nairobi
Sydney, Australia
“Maybe just live in a tent..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had to stay at the start and finish of my safari tour in late July/early August of 2015.

First impression arriving at the hotel late at night was that the place smelled like a war time hospital and looked like an old prison. The first room we got certainly backed up that impression. To be fair though, the room I got on the return leg was a lot better.

For food, breakfast is terrible. For the lunch/dinner, definitely find out what they are good at, I just ordered the steak and I feel like I am still chewing 7 months later.... The Indian food I ordered was actually quite good, but it did give me food poisoning the night before my 24 hour journey back to Australia..... Not ideal.

The WORST thing though was the inconsistent service. 1 front desk and the manager were extremely unprofessional and gave my otherwise awesome Africa experience a very sour ending.

Room Tip: Ask them for a good room! They are not consistent!
  • Stayed August 2015, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars

riyadh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A throwback on the 60's.Very old and dated hotel, though very clean and neat.Well kept garden and pool area non ac rooms,very old stand fans! Terrific and helpful staff.Average restaurant, though staff very kind and helpful. reasonable price.good for budget travelers.Secure compound. Center of Nairobi, though no good halal restaurants nearby.

• Stayed December 2015, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
Rajni S, Manager at Sentrim Nairobi Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel. though old we try and do the renovations often to the modern standard, I can assure you of great change on your next visit.
We are grateful to learn that our staff were of help to you during your stay.

We value your review which will make us improve where we are going wrong. We look forward to another opportunity to host you in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Kennedy Logedi
Unit Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is very conveniently located off the Waiyaki Way, near the University of Nairobi Main Campus and just a walking distance to the CBD. The gardens are beautiful. Though the food is delicious and the staff are friendly, one always has the feeling that with a little more creativity, effort and enthusiasm, it would be a lovely place to be.

• Stayed December 2015, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here to start our safari tour. The meal in the restaurant was delicious and we had an amazing nights sleep before we embarked on a long bus journey the next day.

It is in a gated compound which is odd to an Englishman but guess that is a necessity.

I'd happily stay here again.

Stayed September 2015, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2016

I only stayed here for one night, as it was the departure point and meeting hotel for my overland tour. For my previous nights in Nairobi, I stayed at a budget guesthouse, which was MUCH nicer. For starters, the staff was incredibly rude. They were very unhelpful and condescending. The WiFi, which worked FINE in my budget guesthouse, barely worked at all. In fact, I asked them to relocate me to a room with working WiFi, as the first one they gave me had absolutely no service. They switched my room, but even there the service was spotty. There was no air con, nor was there a mosquito net, making me susceptible to bites all night. And the shower was bad - many of the campgrounds we stayed at in the bush had better showers. I would not recommend this hotel, and unless I have a future overland tour that starts or ends here, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2015, traveled solo
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Nairobi hotels

Battambang, Cambodia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2016

The room was clean and large. The staff was fine, just a bit slow and not so friendly, especially at the reception. The buffet for breakfast and lunch was very good. The bar was fine and garden was pretty nice.

• Stayed November 2015, traveled on business
      Rooms
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2015

This was a starting point hotel for my safari adventure, so it was booked by the group I was with. The room was decent, no A/C but a fan, and a fridge for my water. The beds were decent, and I had no complaints with the room, staff or hotel restaurant.

I took a walk around the hotel grounds after dinner, it was well-groomed and quiet, no real problem with mosquitoes.

The hotel was within a guarded compound, and I really didn't leave the hotel unless I was in a taxi or tour van. The Pope was visiting the next day, so across the street the government set up an area for him, glad we got out the next morning to avoid the traffic, as the traffic in Nairobi is brutal!

• Stayed November 2015, traveled solo