“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 115 Hotels in Nairobi
Hinsdale, Illinois
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We spent two nights here recently as we were transmitting through Kenya. The staff were very welcoming and the hotel was clean and well appointed. We were especially pleased that we were at this location after we witnessed how terrible the traffic is in Nairobi. The easy access to the airport was really appreciated! We also had a wonderful dinner on the terrace - the Indian food was excellent.

Room Tip: We did not have a room that faced the reserve, but we were okay with that as we were going to be on...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Breakfast was splendid...The staff was amazing especially Winfred who offered her guests first class service.she was Jovial and was always up and down in making sure that guests were happy and comfortable....Kudos!!!

Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you so much for sharing your positive feedback.

We will surely share your sentiments with Winfred.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Had an enjoyable yet brief overnight stay at the Ole-Sereni as a stopover on a business trip. Arrived late in the evening and was greeted promptly and assisted from the cab and check in was swift. I inquired about an early breakfast to be delivered to the room since we would be leaving early in the morning before the breakfast buffet was served. The hotel staff assured us there would not be any problems and we placed our order with the kitchen. Room service was 15 minutes late before I called to inquire and they assured me it would arrive soon. It did, but I didn't have much time to enjoy it as I only had 5 minutes before I needed to leave to catch my flight. Great location not to far from the airport. I had an upgraded club room which was great, nestled on the edge of the game park and had a nice sitting area facing it. The bathroom was wonderful and overall had very nice amenities. I would definitely stay here again and hopefully longer than just overnight to really enjoy the place. Staff were very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking time to share your positive feedback.

I am very pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I chose this hotel based on location near the international airport – 15 minutes drive. The hotel arranged my transfer from the airport on arrival (US$25) and were there waiting for me.

I elected for a Club room due to the balcony overlooking Nairobi National Park. Although, the “balcony” was actually inside the room with the windows at the outside edge of the balcony. Lots of birdlife seen but no large mammals.

Efficient and quick check-in and check-out. The bill was accurate.

Room is clean and bed is comfortable.

The restaurant staff could do with providing an explanation of what is available and where/how. Breakfast is self-service and guests were having to ask other guests how it all worked. But the food was good and plentiful. No real continental option – no meats/cheeses.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback.

I am pleased to learn that your stay was pleasant.

I agree with your point on creating more awareness to the guest on what is available in the restaurants. We have addressed this.

We look forward to welcoming you back
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Lovely place. Pool bar w amazing view of safari park. Very friendly and helpful staff. Great food. Nice shop. Quiet. Good location, close to airport and town. Clean rooms -best with view over safari park. Great gym.

• Stayed January 2015
Thank you so much for taking time to share your positive feedback.

Entebbe, Uganda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The person who made the reservation sent me the confirmation and that's what I presented at check-in. Sadly there was no reservation, apparently, and "we are full tonight". I was encouraged to take a seat and given a refreshing glass of fruit juice, which was appreciated.

A few minutes later and all was resolved, but of course my request for a Smoking Room wasn't possible (because there was no reservation and they're full, remember) and I also got what must be one of the worst rooms available.

When being formally welcomed "for two nights" once it was all sorted out, I did wonder how the receptionist knew the duration of my intended stay if there was no reservation to refer to. Some light questioning revealed a simple answer......"we always have these problems with b**kings.com". Oh well that's fine then, you let those problems continue and the guests can just accept the outcome.

The two emails I'd sent the week previously asking for a Smoking Room didn't get answered and the Receptionist's apology was obviously all I would get at check-in. But thinking back now, if there was no reservation then who would care enough to perhaps write back and explain you can't have a Smoking Room until you've got a reservation, Sir.

For no other reason that I've got too much time on my hands, I will keep re-sending the same request and see how long it takes for a response.

Anyway, that's my gripe over and done with. What about the hotel generally?

A great location in respect of the airport; staff are friendly and efficient; restaurant choices are good but the Ostrich and Lamb are only on the menu to fill the pages and are apparently rarely available.

It's miles from anywhere worth a walk to investigate, and there's a new by-pass being constructed on their door-step. The views of the National Park are stunning and it's a great venue for never seeing any animals - although I did see three Ostriches and wondered whether to mention it to the chef.

And now I've just received an email asking me to complete a survey about my experiences.

This will be fun. Remind me to suggest their "Tuna Mayonnaise Sandwich" should be re-branded on the menu as "two large chunks of tasty bread with a teasing hint of Tuna Mayonnaise"

Room Tip: Check you've really got a reservation. Try to avoid inter-connecting rooms. Pick another hotel
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback.

My profound apologies on the ordeal you faced in making reservation and the dining experience.

Ole-Sereni surely does not stand for these levels of service but obviously we failed to deliver it

I have taken stock of all your concerns and we have addressed them and I can assure you that your future experience with us will be of superior quality.

Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Adjoining the National Park, the hotel has pretty good rooms, multiple dining options and good service. The reception and lobby are though, just about average. While the USP of the hotel is proximity to the National Park, maybe I was unlucky, but did not get to see a single mammal over my 5 days of stay. Locationally, on the highway and offish from the city. Hotel provided taxi charges are astronomical. So, not much flexibility to move around. Good hotel to stay overall

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park are better. Book regular room and pay for upgrade. It works out better.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback.

I am pleased to learn that your stay was pleasant.

We are in the process of upgrading our interiors especially when it comes to lobby and reception as you have rightly pointed out.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi? Share your experiences!