“Good airport hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 106 Hotels in Nairobi
Temple, New Hampshire
“Good airport hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

If you need somewhere to scrub up prior to heading off to the airport then this is the place!

The hotel rooms are average however the restaurants, pool deck and bars are great.

You can have a drink and watch a few animals lope around in the neighbouring park.

All in all quite convenient and handy place to stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive feedback.

In regards to our rooms layout, we are in the process of upgrading.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I flew for the first time to Nairobi on the 21st June and stayed there till 23 June 2014 and booked in at the Ole Sereni hotel. I chose the hotel as traffic to the city from the airport is a nightmare and the Ole Sereni is located between the airport and the city. The hotel is located on the fringes of a National Park and very remote so no walking distance to anything. During my stay I saw an ostrich and a giraffe in the distance. On arrival I asked if I could get a room facing the National Park. They told me yes at an extra cost per night of USD70. I was told that the room is better and that it had a bath. The room with the bath that is on their website is for a suite. I paid the for the upgrade upfront. I was very disappointed with my room as the shower was in the bath not the bath as I expected that is shown on the website. The room they allocated was noisy as it was above restaurant. I complained and told them that I am disappointed with the upgrade and wanted to go to non-facing National Park room and have my refund. I was told not to worry and that they will resolve it on check out nothing happened. The food and the staff is generally good and friendly. The staff made lots of mistakes (not getting back to you, food not arriving after 40mins after order - oops they forgot etc). The last straw was on check-out they overcharged me so watch your bill. I only noticed this after I left the hotel!!! I like the hotel as the rooms were neat and clean, liked the view od the National Park, food was of good standard and complimentary wifi in the room. I promised myself that I will never go back again to the Hotel but I think I will give them another try and let me have your comments re my second stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
I thank you for taking time to share your feedback.

I see that you faced series of inconveniences on our service delivery. For that we sincerely apologize.

I have taken stock of your concerns and we will ensure they are addressed right away.

I can assure that your future stays will be of superior quality.

Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel is in a word, stunning. The reception area, rooms, pool area and restaurant are all spotlessly clean and well furnished. The view to Nairobi national park is stunning and if you go up to the 4th floor you can use the telescope to view animals in the park. I personally saw Zebras and Giraffes.

The rooms are very nicely decorated and the beds are very comfortable. However, if you are on the city side of the hotel it is very noisy during the day as they are building a motorway directly behind the hotel. There is reasonably priced mini bar products in the rooms and lovely toiletries.

The food in the main restaurant is simply stunning. I grabbed a bowl of chips at night as a snack and they were like chip shop chips-yummy. Then the following day I had the half tandoori chicken with dips and rice which was sooo tasty. A couple of my colleagues had pizza, spicy stir fried tofu, chicken Penang and soup and melon with Parma ham. All of which was very nice indeed. The service is quite slow although this is probably just because we are used to faced paced life in the UK.

Definitely recommended.

Stayed July 2014
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your positive feedback.

I am very glad to learn that your stay was enjoyable and you found our services to your expectations. However, we are working on better service delivery.

Venice, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very poor service for room rent.Shifted to intercontinental after 2 days with much better service.None of plugs in room was charging.Repeated complaints were no avail.No adapters were available.Staff least interested in helping.WiFi not working.Per staff nothing could be done.Just bad attitude.
Repeated room service orders were brought wrong and later corrected.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

My sincere apologies on the experience you had.

I have taken stock of your concerns and service delivery. We will do all it takes to ensure it does not reoccur.

We hope you will reconsider our services during your future travels.
Mombasa, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This place is ideal if you don't want to be far from the airport, there terrace bar overlooking the National Park is very serene, you can sit your sundowner on the west side of the hotel by the pool overlooking miles of wilderness.

The other side of this property however, borders the new diversion under construction, so when booking ask to have the side facing the park.

The staff were amazingly friendly, from the receptionist to our general waiters (except our dinner head waiter who had a bit of an unnecessary attitude). There isn't much space to walk round outside of the hotel. so not ideal if you want some open spaces.

Still this place gets a five for every other bit that is brilliant. The rooms were well furnished and spacious, be careful of the fully stocked bar, you pay for those items on check out and they are not cheap.

This place is above average on prices, but the food and service and ambience is worth it.

PS: Its ideal for a quiet romantic weekend without having to leave town.

Room Tip: One side of this property borders the new diversion under construction, so when booking ask to have...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I will surely check on the service levels you received.

Nairobi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Came here with my parents for some breakfast as we arrived by air from Eldoret and were en route South Africa much later on in the day. Relaxing,Beautiful hotel, lovely decor and overlooking the nbi national park - with amazing views ! Breakfast was a tad overpriced, but that's expected in a hotel of this calibre in Nairobi ! We're greeted by a lovely member of staff Shardack ( sorry if I've got that name wrong) he was extremely friendly, well spoken, humorous and looked after us. I still can't believe he is 48 years old ! He looked amazing for his age haha. Staff generally seemed helpful, even just on observation. Would love to return to stay !

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to give us your positive feedback and I hope we will see more of you.

Shadrack is one of our STARS who is very natural on how he presents himself and the hotel. His age still remains a secret to me as well:)

I look forward to welcoming you back.
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We only stayed here for one night before catching our connection the following morning.
It was in a great location of help minimise the disruption to travel from the awful Nairobi traffic. The hotel has great. There was high level security with guards on the gate, checking cars arriving and airport style security to check every guests' bags on arrival. Also an x-ray gate to walk through. Staff were friendly and efficient. The food was delicious. We ate in the 'big five' restaurant and the portions were huge! We asked for a take away breakfast for our early morning flight. It was adequate, 2 croissants, yoghurt, fruit and a drink and delivered to our room before check out. Was worth it to help us get through the experience of JKIA. The transfer was on time and in a comfortable car with a knowledgeable driver.
The outlook of our room wasn't great, but the other side was amazing (looking into the Nairobi national Park!)
It was quite expensive for one night, but we were glad of the security and convenience to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the Nairobi National Park side!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am very pleased to know that your stay was memorable and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi? Share your experiences!