“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I had a four night stay here for a conference. Conferencing facilities, rooms and meals were great. Restaurant area overlooks the national park - which made for fantastic meals. Staff was very friendly and accommodating all round.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking game park amazing. Close to the interconnecting rooms a little noisy, however som...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am glad to learn that your conference was a success.

513 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great hotel, used it to start our Safari. Hotel was very nice, rooms were very nice. Beds are comfortable, breakfast buffet had lots of choices. Would stay back here again. Was hoping to see some wildlife from the room but didn't spot any. Staff is great. Feel like you are outside of the city staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
I thank you for sharing your positive experience.

I am glad to learn that your stay was comfortable and up-to your expectations.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stay at this hotel with work about 15 times a year plus. The service is fantastic and they always give me my room of choice thanks to one of the staff. The rooms are good with nice shower room. The real selling points of this hotel are the staff nothing is to much trouble. The restaurant is fantastic I usually go for cut of the day. The pool area is amazing with views of the park I've seen buffalo, rhino and giraffe from the pool.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I thank you for sharing your positive experience with us.

It is our constant endeavor to ensure that our guests enjoy the finest of services and I am glad to hear that your stay was a memorable one.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I'm a frequent visitor at Ole Sereni, for lunches and dinners, and once for breakfast.
Their service is good. Staff are friendly. Great food.
The hotel is conveniently located, away from the noise of the busy Nairobi yet close to Jomo Kenyatta Airport. It's right next to Nairobi National Park, so you have chances of spotting a few animals from the comfort of your hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am very thrilled to hear that you enjoy our services and we look forward to having you with us soon.
Trier, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The hotel is in between downtown and the airport - off from the busy Mombasa Road. However the hotel is at the fenses of the Nairobi NP and you feel like outside of the city. This was my 2nd stay in this hotel and I will come back again. Unfortunately a huge road construction project is ongoing and they start working at latest 8:00am and the windows have just thin glas without any sound isolation.

However the decoration of the hotel is exellent with nice African arts and drawings. The breakfast is very good with a wide selection of everything. You can eat at the balcony with a very nice few to the national park. It's a very relaxing start of the day.

The same is valid for dinner or lunch. Just the prices are a little bit on the high end. The bar and the restaurant at the top floor is very good and offers even a better few to the NP.

The gym is well equipped and you have staff always around you for support. I general the staff are friendly but sometimes a little bit slow. Check in/out takes some time.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are equal (towards NP or towards Mombasa Road). Take the upper floor as you wi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

I am very glad to learn that your stay was memorable.

We will tighten up the speed related to service levels.

We look forward to welcoming back.
Cambridge, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I travel on my own for business and the staff at this hotel have looked after me extremely well being friendly but without intruding.

On a day of free time i arranged a trip to the national park which i would recommend - ask for Benson. The hotel mini van has a roof that lifts up to give 360 clear viewing.

On the one occasion during my six night stay that I made a comment about my dinner, I was given a discount and received a hotel branded scarf personally brought to my room with thanks for my business from management.

Hotel has good internet and constant power. Menu is good but would benefit from some local dishes.

But its the staff that really make this place a great base for business or holiday.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
I thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

Your positive comments will go a long way in motivating the Team and to ensure that we consistently deliver the same level of service.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

We spent about 15 hours in this hotel. We checked in at about 9pm and left before lunch the next day. All went well until the check out which took ages. Then we tried to get a taxi, first from the check out guy who quoted silly money, then from the concierge who took forever, and when I threw my toys out of the cot, took less money from me than the reception guy quoted and then drove me to the airport in what I assume to be his own private car... Very shonkey and the owners need to know what is going on. This totally took the shine off what had otherwise been a pleasant stop-over.

Stayed April 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I do apologize for the inconvenience you faced. In regards to the revised rate from the Travel Desk, the driver offered a discounted fare which we do apply on rare occasions.

We do hope this incident will not hinder your decision of choosing us during your future travels.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Been to Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi? Share your experiences!