“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 111 Hotels in Nairobi
Doha, Qatar
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I stayed here for 2 days awith my husband after a safari. It was an excellent choice because we wanted to stay in the hotel, resting and relaxing for the entire time. The hotel is a bit far from the city but that was no problem for us at that moment.
We payed for a room that had a view of the Nairobi National Park and although it was nice to see it, we ended up not spending a lot of time in the room, so i think we could have saved that extra money. The room was a bit smaller than what i expected, and the shower and toilet were also small, but impecable and modern.
The hotel is very well maintained. The bar and restaurant have wonderful food and their cocktails are also highly recommended.
Breakfast buffet was nice although a little overpriced compared to other hotels in Nairobi, where we had very similar quality and variety for less money.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to spend lots of time enjoying it.
Service was just OK. I honestly expected a warmer and more friendly service, as well as a more efficient one. We spent 10 days in Kenya and Kenyans were always friendly to us, and the least friendly treatment we received was at the Ole-Sereni hotel. I am not saying it was a rough treatment, but definitely less than what we received from our safari guide and the safari lodges and camps.
When we arrived at the hotel after the safari, we were greeting and thanking our safari tour guide and driver and security man at the door was a bit rough with our driver, asking him to move his car, even when there were no more cars or clients coming. What a way to welcome your clients.
It took us 20 minutes and asking 2 different people, to get a bottle of water in the pool. Although the cleaning service in the room was very good, we had no water for an entire day in the room, and had to go to the pool to get some (and wait another 20 min).
Overall, i would go back to the hotel to experience the landscape and hotel facilities, but service is not as good as we experienced in other hotels in Kenya.

Room Tip: View of Nairobi national park is good, but really not worth the extra money - you can see it from an...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback.

I am pleased to learn that your stay was memorable apart from the slow and less courteous service delivery. I have taken this concern with my team and we assure this will be delat with right away.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

A very nice hotel and just a little bit away from the busy city centre of Nairobi. You take about 15 minutes from the Jomo Kenyatta international Airport. The Hotel is built adjacent to the Nairobi National Park hence can enjoy watching the wildlife comfortably from your room. The rooms are well spacious and their food and especially barbeque is mouth watering.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the Nairobi National park are excellent and gives you a very good view of the wildl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

We are glad to learn that you enjoyed our facilities.

Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

February is most definitely my best month of the year.. It's my birthday month, valentines & my family + friends really shower me with lots of love. So when my dad asked me to pick a hotel for my birthday treat, Olereseni was my first pick. The location was perfect, very accessible & convenient for us all.. We started off with breakfast, it was so well done & the service was on point!
My dad, sisters & I had an awesome time! Thank you to the General Manager Mr. Ghulam Samdani who honored us by his personal appearance & best wishes.. oh & thanks to the Olesereni kitchen staff for the bday cake surprise. You guys are just awesome! I would recommend this hotel to everyone. This is now my favorite spot in town!

Oh, when you visit the hotel make sure to get to the Eagles restaurant on 4th floor. Smooth Jazz music, collection of some of the smoothest whiskies & wines. Pure bliss!!

Room Tip: Choose rooms with the National Park view, these are more quiet & the sunset view is awesome...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Ms. Jackie,

Thank you so much for taking time to give us your positive reviews.

Yes, I do recollect meeting you and I am very pleased to learn that your experience was memorable.

We hope you will continue to choose our services.

We look forward to having you with us soon.
Glenelg, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Loved this hotel! Great gym facilities and pool, rooms and breakfast are perfect. Best aspect was George, the tour manager, who took us to the elephant orphanage, Kenyatta centre and kibera slum.

If you're in Nairobi, definitely stay here. It's stunning in every aspect.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am very pleased that your stay was memorable.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

A short ride from the airport and after an 9 hour flight we were treated to the warmest of welcomes matched by the warm colours and generous spaces of the building itself. Delightful room with the same warm colour scheme and great toiletries, towels and bathrobes- very important! Hungry at 11.30pm? No problem, we were able to take advantage of the late night menu available on the attractive terrace overlooking the National Park taking in the magic sounds of the African night.Good room service breakfast the next morning and excellent cappuccinos whilst using the internet facilities in the business centre. The lunch buffet was an impressive, imaginative and generous display of hot and cold dishes with emphasis on Indian food but also a delightful sushi selection which was my choice with a glass of excellent Sauvignon Blanc, yummy! As for the desserts- they were as pretty as a picture- and it was very
tempting to try them all. All in all a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the National Park are a winner
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
I thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am very pleased to learn that your stay was a memorable one.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The restaurants are really lovely for family dining. They pay special attention to children's prefs as well. Booking is easy with staff politely following up on you to ensure you get your reservation.

The location and ambience are outstanding with great customer service with Kenya love.

Stayed December 2013
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, March 11, 2014

Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed in Ole-Sereni two times last year, I booked online and got a very good deal.
The hotel is close the airport and opposite the National park but dont expect to see too many animals. If you want to see game, organize a safari to the National Park with an early pick up from the hotel. If you are en route somewhere / having a stopover in Nairobi, this is a very good option. The staff is very polite, friendly and helpful. I would like to praise Ann at the Business Centre. She was outstanding, assisting me with various tasks. The food is good, the breakfast was wonderful and the gym and pool very nice. The rooms are comfortable with a kettle, coffee and tea available.
I look forward to my next visit.
Asante sana na kuona kwenu hivi karibuni

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

It is our constant endeavour to provide the finest of services and I am glad to learn that we achieved it with your stay.

I will surely pass your sentiments to Ms. Ann.

Karibu Sana

Been to Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi? Share your experiences!