“Pure awesomeness..” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 100 hotels in Nairobi
Nairobi
“Pure awesomeness..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

February is most definitely my best month of the year.. It's my birthday month, valentines & my family + friends really shower me with lots of love. So when my dad asked me to pick a hotel for my birthday treat, Olereseni was my first pick. The location was perfect, very accessible & convenient for us all.. We started off with breakfast, it was so well done & the service was on point!
My dad, sisters & I had an awesome time! Thank you to the General Manager Mr. Ghulam Samdani who honored us by his personal appearance & best wishes.. oh & thanks to the Olesereni kitchen staff for the bday cake surprise. You guys are just awesome! I would recommend this hotel to everyone. This is now my favorite spot in town!

Oh, when you visit the hotel make sure to get to the Eagles restaurant on 4th floor. Smooth Jazz music, collection of some of the smoothest whiskies & wines. Pure bliss!!

Room Tip: Choose rooms with the National Park view, these are more quiet & the sunset view is awesome...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Ms. Jackie,

Thank you so much for taking time to give us your positive reviews.

Yes, I do recollect meeting you and I am very pleased to learn that your experience was memorable.

We hope you will continue to choose our services.

We look forward to having you with us soon.

513 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Glenelg, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Loved this hotel! Great gym facilities and pool, rooms and breakfast are perfect. Best aspect was George, the tour manager, who took us to the elephant orphanage, Kenyatta centre and kibera slum.

If you're in Nairobi, definitely stay here. It's stunning in every aspect.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am very pleased that your stay was memorable.

Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

A short ride from the airport and after an 9 hour flight we were treated to the warmest of welcomes matched by the warm colours and generous spaces of the building itself. Delightful room with the same warm colour scheme and great toiletries, towels and bathrobes- very important! Hungry at 11.30pm? No problem, we were able to take advantage of the late night menu available on the attractive terrace overlooking the National Park taking in the magic sounds of the African night.Good room service breakfast the next morning and excellent cappuccinos whilst using the internet facilities in the business centre. The lunch buffet was an impressive, imaginative and generous display of hot and cold dishes with emphasis on Indian food but also a delightful sushi selection which was my choice with a glass of excellent Sauvignon Blanc, yummy! As for the desserts- they were as pretty as a picture- and it was very
tempting to try them all. All in all a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the National Park are a winner
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
I thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

I am very pleased to learn that your stay was a memorable one.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The restaurants are really lovely for family dining. They pay special attention to children's prefs as well. Booking is easy with staff politely following up on you to ensure you get your reservation.

The location and ambience are outstanding with great customer service with Kenya love.

Stayed December 2013
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking time to give us your positive review.

Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed in Ole-Sereni two times last year, I booked online and got a very good deal.
The hotel is close the airport and opposite the National park but dont expect to see too many animals. If you want to see game, organize a safari to the National Park with an early pick up from the hotel. If you are en route somewhere / having a stopover in Nairobi, this is a very good option. The staff is very polite, friendly and helpful. I would like to praise Ann at the Business Centre. She was outstanding, assisting me with various tasks. The food is good, the breakfast was wonderful and the gym and pool very nice. The rooms are comfortable with a kettle, coffee and tea available.
I look forward to my next visit.
Asante sana na kuona kwenu hivi karibuni

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ghulam S, General Manager at Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

It is our constant endeavour to provide the finest of services and I am glad to learn that we achieved it with your stay.

I will surely pass your sentiments to Ms. Ann.

Karibu Sana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Don't be put off by the location seeming to be just off a road junction- From the other side the hotel looks out onto a game reserve! The staff are excellent; the bars restaurants and rooms all look out across the park. It's not quite like being on a full safari, but you will likely see deer, and possibly a buffalo or two.. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and there's free wifi too. A great place to break your journey.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I sincerely thank you for taking time to give us your positive feedback.

We hope you will consider our services in your future travels and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We spent one night and one day (day room) here on our safari to Kenya and Tanzania. The night we arrived we were there from about midnight to 6:30 AM. The room is small but comfortable with AC (yea!!). The day we spent there was nice also – they have pretty good wifi so you can catch up on the world.

The food was surprisingly good – the breakfast and lunch buffets were excellent and the dinner we had was fabulous – a huge menu and everything basically prepared as you order it.

The location near the airport is super – this is a great business/travelers hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review.

We look forward to having you with us soon.

Been to Ole - Sereni Hotel, Nairobi? Share your experiences!